LaunchBox Community Forums

Downloading missing art

dominikabra

12 minutes ago, KingUniverse said:

Did this ever get resolved? I have a ton of artwork missing, and manually re-downloading individual games is going to be a definite chore.

See @C-Beats prior post about the beta version out now. We need feedback from users experiencing to try with the beta. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BETA version seems to have fixed the artwork scrapping. There are still a bunch of titles that just don't have artwork available (Proto, Demo) so is there a way to arrange or sort by files that don't have artwork, or do I just have to scroll down until I find them myself? If this isn't a feature, might I suggest it?

Glad to see this seems to be a bug from the past! Will test the beta version and report back. I currently don't suffer the problem since the latest version I tested seemed to solve it for me, I hope the solution is consistent across the board now. Thanks for the great work and feedback!

unfortunately, if less comon, the bug is still there.

I thought it disappeared but after adding MSX platform i could notice that some of the games still had the problem. The percentage dropped from 40 to 5% of games, which is a huge improvement. I also noticed that sometimes, not all the arts are downloaded. Example : sometimes a game doesn't come with fanart- background, so i'm googling it in case it already exist, and many times i google show me one, it's one that comes from the launchbox database !! Oo

Edited by Elhora

38 minutes ago, Elhora said:

unfortunately, if less comon, the bug is still there.

I thought it disappeared but after adding MSX platform i could notice that some of the games still had the problem. The percentage dropped from 40 to 5% of games, which is a huge improvement. I also noticed that sometimes, not all the arts are downloaded. Example : sometimes a game doesn't come with fanart- background, so i'm googling it in case it already exist, and many times i google show me one, it's one that comes from the launchbox database !! Oo

Do you remember any examples of a games that did this. Might be good to see if there is a common link to troubleshoot deeper. 

No, i did it few days ago, but i'll do the MSX 2 platform today or tomorrow so i'll see how often it happens and i'll note the name.

Edit :

i remember some 

Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei

Master Takahashi's Adventure Island

Mr. Do!

Edited by Elhora