LaunchBox Community Forums

4 minutes ago, maikolik said:

Thx, today i test the plugin

Great. Please review the PDF manual bundled with the download. It should be ready-to-go out of the box for the common emulators, but you might need to define button mappings in one of the config files.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi eatkinola

I would like to ask you a question (Sorry for my english)

Is it possible to add the following emulators manually? and if possible, Is there some generic way to add them?

Sega Model 2 Emulator

Supermodel (for arcade Sega Model 3

Daphne (Laserdisc Games)

I am interested in the possibility of using bezels and i would like to get rid of Rocketlauncher

i´d like to use your plugin for the Hikaru and Gaelco games too, but i think i could duplicate some Demul configs.

Thanks a lot!

23 hours ago, espidie79 said:

Is it possible to add the following emulators manually? and if possible, Is there some generic way to add them?
Sega Model 2 Emulator
Supermodel (for arcade Sega Model 3
Daphne (Laserdisc Games)

Hikaru and Gaelco

Yes, you should be able to use the Demul config also for Hikaru and Gaelco since those also (like Naomi and Atomiswave) use Demul. You might not even have to do anything for those to work since there is already a config for Demul, but I've not tried Hikaru or Gaelco.

I'm not familiar with the other emulators, but you *should* be able to get them to work by setting up a configuration (text-based) file for them. Please have a look at the WootLauncher PDF file bundled with the download (and also attached here) to see if it helps. I'm away from my home computer for now, so that's the best I can do for now. Try it out and let me know how it goes.

WootLauncher-v1.5.1.pdf

• 2 months later...

Hi and thanks for this awesome launcher !

How can you achieve to have a normal bezel (normal = 4/3 ratio) for some games, and a vertical one for others (like 1941 and mostly all arcade shoot) ?

Thanks in advance !

2 hours ago, adu said:

How can you achieve to have a normal bezel (normal = 4/3 ratio) for some games, and a vertical one for others (like 1941 and mostly all arcade shoot) ?

While WL will support bezels for a variety of emulators, when using RetroArch or MAME I strongly suggest you setup bezels within the emulator itself; RA and MAME have very robust support for bezels. For other emulators which do not support bezels (e.g., dolphin, PCSX2), you can certainly use WL for bezels (that's what I do). Please see the attached PDF and the examples bundled with the WL download, and let me know if you have any questions.

WootLauncher-v1.5.1.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you for your work.

I have a problem configuring WL (to use the bezel function) with dolphin 5.0 11608 x64, WL doesn't seems to find the process of the emulator. Here is the log of WL :

Spoiler

==============================================================================
# WOOTLAUNCHER STARTUP =======================================================
# WootLauncher Version = 1.5.1.0 by eatkinola
# LaunchBox/BB Version = 10.12.0.5 LaunchBox (premium)
# LB/BB Startup Screen = disabled
# GENERAL SETTINGS ===========================================================
# EnableFades .................. False
# EnableBezel .................. True
# EnablePause .................. False
# RequireCfgs .................. False
# BgImageAuto4Game ............. False
# BgImageAuto4Plat ............. False
# BgImageAutoOpacity ........... 0,3
# BgImageAutoBlurRadius ........ 10
# BgImageAutoScanlineOpacity ... 0,3
# LsBackgroundImage ............ True
# LsBackgroundVideo ............ False
# LsBackgroundMetadata ......... True
# LsBackgroundDuration ......... 00:00:05
# EsBackgroundImage ............ True
# EsBackgroundVideo ............ False
# EsBackgroundMetadata ......... True
# EsBackgroundDuration ......... 00:00:05
# PmLaunchJoyBinding ........... PageUp^PageDn+Up
# PmLaunchKeyBinding ........... Alt+A
# PmLaunchCanUnpause ........... True
# PmStyleColorFgNormal ......... #90FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorFgActive ......... #90FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorFgSubtle ......... #10FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorBgNormal ......... #90000000
# PmStyleColorBgActive ......... #3000FF60
# PmStyleColorBgSubtle ......... #90000000
# PmStyleFontFamily ............ ./#Orbitron
# QuQuitterJoyBinding .......... PageUp^PageDn^Select^Back+Up
# QuQuitterKeyBinding .......... Alt+Q
# EMULATOR CONFIGS ===========================================================
# Dolphin::Nintendo GameCube ............................................ DOLPHIN
# Dolphin::Nintendo Wii ................................................. DOLPHIN
# Hatari::Atari ST ...................................................... no configurations found
# MAME::Arcade .......................................................... MAME
# ParaJVE ............................................................... no configurations found
# PPSSPP::Sony PSP ...................................................... no configurations found
# Project Tempest ....................................................... no configurations found
# Redream::Sega Dreamcast ............................................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration) ............................................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Commodore Amiga ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Nintendo 64 ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sega Dreamcast ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sega Saturn ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sony Playstation .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction) ........................................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::3DO Interactive Multiplayer ........... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 2600 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 5200 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 7800 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari Jaguar .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari Lynx ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari ST .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::ColecoVision .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Commodore 64 .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Commodore Amiga ....................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Microsoft MSX ......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Microsoft MSX2 ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo 64 ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo DS ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Entertainment System ......... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy ..................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy Advance ............. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy Color ............... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo GameCube ..................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Wii .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Philips CD-i .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega 32X .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega CD ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Dreamcast ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Game Gear ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Master System .................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Megadrive ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Saturn ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega SG-1000 .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::SNK Neo Geo Pocket .................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color .............. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sony PSP .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Super Nintendo Entertainment System ... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::WonderSwan ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::WonderSwan Color ...................... no configurations found
# ScummVM ............................................................... no configurations found
# WinUAE::Commodore Amiga ............................................... no configurations found
2020-03-22 22:40:52 game = Super Smash Bros. Melee (Id=5654)
2020-03-22 22:40:52 configuration = DOLPHIN
2020-03-22 22:40:52 overlay/bezel = D:\LaunchBox\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Dropins\WootLauncher\Images\Overlays\DOLPHIN+NINTENDO_GAMECUBE.png
2020-03-22 22:40:52 finding emulator process dolphin, wait up to 10 seconds
2020-03-22 22:41:09 ERROR: failed to detect emulator process or its main window handle
2020-03-22 22:41:25 exiting game 5654, process 

I have configured as required in dolphin :

• Config  Interface  uncheck “Pause on Focus Loss” (to prevent auto pause/resume in pause menu)
  • Graphics  Advanced  check "Crop" (works better w/bezels as some games not true 4x3)
  • Graphics  General  check "Render to Main Window" (otherwise cannot capture emu window)

Do you have any idea why it is not working?

Best regards and thank you again for your work.

Richard

On 3/22/2020 at 5:14 PM, ripleyxlr8 said:

dolphin 5.0 11608 x64

The most recent version of dolphin with which I've tested (and found to work) is x8915. It's possible the dolphin team has changed some of their window management code. Would you please consider testing with x8915 on your system, to see if this isolates the problem?

6 hours ago, eatkinola said:

The most recent version of dolphin with which I've tested (and found to work) is x8915. It's possible the dolphin team has changed some of their window management code. Would you please consider testing with x8915 on your system, to see if this isolates the problem?

Thank you for your answer.

I will make a try with the 8915 version, I will keep you informed.

Richard

8 hours ago, eatkinola said:

I've made a test with version dolphin-master-5.0-8911-x64.7z and a clean version of the plugin installation, the result is the same it doesn't seems to detect the process.  For your information Fade and Bezel are working with Mame. Here is the log :

Spoiler

# WOOTLAUNCHER STARTUP =======================================================
# WootLauncher Version = 1.5.1.0 by eatkinola
# LaunchBox/BB Version = 10.12.0.5 LaunchBox (premium)
# LB/BB Startup Screen = disabled
# GENERAL SETTINGS ===========================================================
# EnableFades .................. True
# EnableBezel .................. True
# EnablePause .................. True
# RequireCfgs .................. False
# BgImageAuto4Game ............. False
# BgImageAuto4Plat ............. False
# BgImageAutoOpacity ........... 0,3
# BgImageAutoBlurRadius ........ 10
# BgImageAutoScanlineOpacity ... 0,3
# LsBackgroundImage ............ True
# LsBackgroundVideo ............ False
# LsBackgroundMetadata ......... True
# LsBackgroundDuration ......... 00:00:05
# EsBackgroundImage ............ True
# EsBackgroundVideo ............ False
# EsBackgroundMetadata ......... True
# EsBackgroundDuration ......... 00:00:05
# PmLaunchJoyBinding ........... PageUp^PageDn+Up
# PmLaunchKeyBinding ........... Alt+A
# PmLaunchCanUnpause ........... True
# PmStyleColorFgNormal ......... #90FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorFgActive ......... #90FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorFgSubtle ......... #10FFFFFF
# PmStyleColorBgNormal ......... #90000000
# PmStyleColorBgActive ......... #3000FF60
# PmStyleColorBgSubtle ......... #90000000
# PmStyleFontFamily ............ ./#Orbitron
# QuQuitterJoyBinding .......... PageUp^PageDn^Select^Back+Up
# QuQuitterKeyBinding .......... Alt+Q
# EMULATOR CONFIGS ===========================================================
# Dolphin::Nintendo GameCube ............................................ DOLPHIN
# Dolphin::Nintendo Wii ................................................. DOLPHIN
# Hatari::Atari ST ...................................................... no configurations found
# MAME::Arcade .......................................................... MAME
# ParaJVE ............................................................... no configurations found
# PPSSPP::Sony PSP ...................................................... no configurations found
# Project Tempest ....................................................... no configurations found
# Redream::Sega Dreamcast ............................................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration) ............................................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Commodore Amiga ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Nintendo 64 ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sega Dreamcast ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sega Saturn ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (with extration)::Sony Playstation .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction) ........................................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::3DO Interactive Multiplayer ........... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 2600 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 5200 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari 7800 ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari Jaguar .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari Lynx ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Atari ST .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::ColecoVision .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Commodore 64 .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Commodore Amiga ....................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Microsoft MSX ......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Microsoft MSX2 ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo 64 ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo DS ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Entertainment System ......... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy ..................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy Advance ............. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Game Boy Color ............... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo GameCube ..................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Nintendo Wii .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Philips CD-i .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega 32X .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega CD ............................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Dreamcast ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Game Gear ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Master System .................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Megadrive ........................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega Saturn ........................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sega SG-1000 .......................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::SNK Neo Geo Pocket .................... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color .............. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Sony PSP .............................. no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::Super Nintendo Entertainment System ... no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::WonderSwan ............................ no configurations found
# Retroarch (without extraction)::WonderSwan Color ...................... no configurations found
# ScummVM ............................................................... no configurations found
# WinUAE::Commodore Amiga ............................................... no configurations found
2020-03-24 11:55:04 game = Heavy Smash (Id=37188)
2020-03-24 11:55:04 displaying game loading screen
2020-03-24 11:55:04 configuration = MAME
2020-03-24 11:55:04 overlay/bezel = D:\LaunchBox\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Dropins\Ao.Bigbox.Dropins\WootLauncher\Images\Overlays\MAME.png
2020-03-24 11:55:04 controllermap = no controller mapping
2020-03-24 11:55:04 finding emulator process mame64, wait up to 10 seconds
2020-03-24 11:55:07 forcing emulator process 33720 to run in fullscreen mode
2020-03-24 11:55:07 wrapping emulator process 33720 in adornable window
2020-03-24 11:55:22 exiting game 37188, process 33720
2020-03-24 11:55:54 game = Super Smash Bros. Melee (Id=5654)
2020-03-24 11:55:54 displaying game loading screen
2020-03-24 11:55:54 configuration = DOLPHIN
2020-03-24 11:55:54 overlay/bezel = D:\LaunchBox\Plugins\Ao.Bigbox.Dropins\Ao.Bigbox.Dropins\WootLauncher\Images\Overlays\DOLPHIN+NINTENDO_GAMECUBE.png
2020-03-24 11:55:54 controllermap = no controller mapping
2020-03-24 11:55:54 finding emulator process dolphin, wait up to 10 seconds
2020-03-24 11:56:11 ERROR: failed to detect emulator process or its main window handle
2020-03-24 11:59:47 exiting game 5654, process

If it can helps you here is a capture of my task manager when starting dolphin from launchbox.

1278087231_Capturedecran2020-03-24a11_57_27.thumb.png.3d30a7e61889b5874af8f2afa329726a.pngThank you for your help.

Best regards

Richard

Edited by ripleyxlr8

On 3/24/2020 at 6:03 AM, ripleyxlr8 said:

I've made a test with version dolphin-master-5.0-8911-x64.7z and a clean version of the plugin installation, the result is the same it doesn't seems to detect the process.  For your information Fade and Bezel are working with Mame. Here is the log :

Thanks for the information, Richard. That is very helpful -- unfortunately, I've not yet been able to replicate this problem on my computer. I did find some intermittent problems when using Vulkan (bezels were not showing up, though it did find the emulator process). Attached are screenshots of my graphics settings in dolphin. Perhaps you could test with these settings on your computer? I'll have to dig into this problem some more, probably examine the code a bit more closely.

Graphics-General.bmp Graphics-Enhancements.bmp Graphics-Hacks.bmp Graphics-Advanced.bmp

1 hour ago, eatkinola said:

Thanks for the information, Richard. That is very helpful -- unfortunately, I've not yet been able to replicate this problem on my computer. I did find some intermittent problems when using Vulkan (bezels were not showing up, though it did find the emulator process). Attached are screenshots of my graphics settings in dolphin. Perhaps you could test with these settings on your computer? I'll have to dig into this problem some more, probably examine the code a bit more closely.

Graphics-General.bmp 1.03 MB · 0 downloads Graphics-Enhancements.bmp 1.03 MB · 0 downloads Graphics-Hacks.bmp 1.03 MB · 0 downloads Graphics-Advanced.bmp 1.03 MB · 0 downloads

I've tried your settings but unfortunately it is not working (same log). I will try to develop a dummy plugin that will only intercept the emulator process. Can i ask you which programming language you are using and the function you are using to intercept the process? (so i can try to replicate the issue)

Best regards and thank you for your help.

Richard

On 3/25/2020 at 9:58 AM, ripleyxlr8 said:

I will try to develop a dummy plugin that will only intercept the emulator process. Can i ask you which programming language you are using and the function you are using to intercept the process? (so i can try to replicate the issue)

I'll pm you some C# code.

• 4 months later...

Installed this tonight. Loving it on everything. 

Can't get it to work with MAME, and even if I did, I'm not sure it could do both horizontal and vertical games for bezels. But even the pause screen is not working for me there. But if that's it, I'm still thrilled!

But every other system I have is working perfectly. Thank you for this!

I may start working on my own Bezel's shortly which would have the controller on each side so you can easily remember buttons lol

Edited by hawkguy

• 2 months later...

I hope this thread is not dead.

I tried the plugin today with Launchbox 11.6 and followed the instructions.

I disables pause and startup for emulators.

I changed mame.ini to start in windowed mode.

And I constantly get the following error:

Can you help me please?

Thx NRJ

Could not load file or assembly 'HwndExtensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.6
Type:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Site:    Void .ctor(IntPtr, Int32)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Dropins

at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.AdornedWindow..ctor(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 pid)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.AdornedWindow..ctor()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WootLauncher.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.<OnBeforeGameLaunching>b__0(Object o, EventArgs e)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WL.ProcessSnatcher.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<StartMonitoring>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WL.ProcessSnatcher.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<StartMonitoring>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

9:11:13 PM Exception

• 7 months later...

Hi guys i am about to setup Dolphin and want to get rid of RocketLauncher, tried plugin but it doasn't look like it's working

This is what it says

Could not load file or assembly 'HwndExtensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.11
Type:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Site:    Void .ctor(IntPtr, Int32)
Source:  Ao.Bigbox.Dropins

at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.AdornedWindow..ctor(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 pid)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Controls.AdornedWindow..ctor()
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WootLauncher.<>c__DisplayClass14_1.<OnBeforeGameLaunching>b__0(Object o, EventArgs e)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WL.ProcessSnatcher.<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<StartMonitoring>b__2()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at Ao.Bigbox.Dropins.WL.ProcessSnatcher.<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<StartMonitoring>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

9:39:50 Exception

It doas the fade but crashes on Bezel, ¿doas it actualy work? Can someone confirm please.

Thanks a lot xD