LaunchBox Community Forums

How Do I Not Show Platform Background On Game Selection

scoobydooami

I was fiddling around in some settings (I should not do that :)) and I turned on something that is showing the platform fanart each time I click on a game in Launchbox.  I have the fanart set up so I can see it in Big Box, but I do not want every game in Launchbox changing its background to be that of the platform fanart. I just want a static background there.

I've been going through all of the settings both in Launchbox and in Big Box and I'll be darned if I can find the one to turn this off.

Please and thank you for assistance.

Edited by scoobydooami

I'm not sure what to suggest for your fix but I have a suggestion to prevent the need for a fix in the future. Your data folder is your friend! Copy it to another location on another hard drive this way if your drive ever dies it really simple to get your LB setup back. Not only that you can also make a copy of it any time your feel like playing in the settings and easily restore if you don't like the outcome.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Not trying to bring up an old topic or anything, but the original question wasn't really answered here (and a "data folder" fix was suggested instead) and I've been wondering about this for a long time as well. Is there a way to turn off the fanart and other images from showing in the background of LaunchBox? For instance, if you use the LBPlex theme, there's no problem but with all of the other themes, my platform fanart always pops up in the background. @Jason Carr has this fix/feature been requested before?

Edited by bundangdon

4 hours ago, bundangdon said:

Not trying to bring up an old topic or anything, but the original question wasn't really answered here (and a "data folder" fix was suggested instead) and I've been wondering about this for a long time as well. Is there a way to turn off the fanart and other images from showing in the background of LaunchBox? For instance, if you use the LBPlex theme, there's no problem but with all of the other themes, my platform fanart always pops up in the background. @Jason Carr has this fix/feature been requested before?

Yes, background image priorities. You can just turn them all off. :)

Jason, thanks for the quick answer. However, that doesn't seem to work. I unchecked all boxes in the background image priorities and it still shows the platform (system) fanart. For example, this is what I'm aiming for:

01.thumb.jpg.9317f15ec66acf516e43cd968a32e201.jpgBut this is what happens every time I choose a game on the list, as shown in the example:

02.thumb.jpg.c255d5ab87f0d4fc12f3c725df81195b.jpg

Edited by bundangdon
image error

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I don't think that has been requested, actually. But noted. :)

Okay, thanks again for the reply! Sorry, I had a hard time editing my original post to remove images but now I've got that problem solved? I think this would be a good fix/feature to add in as I've seen it mentioned before by other users in the past but no real answer or solution was given.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi Jason,  last few updates I keep running into this too,  except my problem is I only use Launchbox once in a great while....  I have to relearn what I do to fix this each time I update.  Now I can't remember again (haha nice, eh?)  and I'm too tired to continue trying...   why does my theme keep resetting itself to this on each update?    I've not imported any images to cause this behavior,  so I'm left without any images to simply remove,