LaunchBox Community Forums

Imported Roms Not Showing Up

Stragglyaphid

I installed LaunchBox and then went through the import process with a no intro set for SNES.  I selected the option for box art and emumovies and the import process took a couple hours (over 4 gigs of files).  I elected to keep the roms in their original location as I didn't want to import or move them to my SSD (where I installed Launchbox).  When the process was complete, I could see the images in my Launchbox/Images folder, but Launchbox still shows 'displaying 0 of 0 games' at the main screen.  Can someone assist?

any chance this was the second time installing any snes games? I doubt it by what you wrote but a moderator helped me previously and i had to select "force import of duplicate games" because i had a set prior but deleted them. 

so you could just try importing 1 game as a test. and set it to "force import duplicate". its on one of those screens.  obviosuly de-select all the downloads so it can take just 1 second. 

another thing might be how your files are stored.  i dont have my snes files (file extension smc)  inside of a zip.  so try unzipping one file. and then import just that file and see if it works.  

actually its probably that... you need to not have them zipped...  if i recall, that is similar to what i went through.  soem console games work zipped, and others dont. and i mean take it out of the folder also.  like dreamcast... i had to pull the files completely out of folders in order for those games to work. 

oh damn, sorry,  I was trying to be helpful, but it figures my first attempt would be mis-information. lol.   

but seriously some consoles of mine did not work until i unzipped, but maybe i did something wrong with command lines or something who knows.  Ok so just to clarify,  stragglyaphid... do NOT listen to me. lol. 

:)

Thanks to everyone for the responses!

I simply went through the import process a second time, but this time selected none on all DB images and none to all emumovie objects and everything shows up now.  The games now appear and even include the images.  Hopefully this didn’t mess up anything by doing this.

Another question, if I wanted to move the images off my SSD (due to how large the folder is) and onto a different drive, how would I do this where launchbox still would show them correctly?  Is there a configuration file I need to update to do that?  

Edited by Stragglyaphid

If you move the folder you can right click the platform and edit the image folders paths. It is time consuming as you have to do them 1 by 1. You may be able to go into the xaml and edit as well. Cannot remember been a while since I moved image folders. Video path I know is in the xaml.  

You could also create symlinks from the LB image folder to the new image folder.   

6 hours ago, decibel001 said:

Having a similar issue with Mame .205 set not completely importing into Launchbox. I was looking for Ring King and Dynamite Cop...they aren't available in Launchbox/Big Box but I found them in Mame. Should I just do a second import of my complete Mame set?

Ring King should import just fine, at least it did for me.

1649924210_RingKing.thumb.png.6457bbbfcbda6a28bdc925c641e1151e.pngAs for Dynamite Cop, that is a Sega Model 2 game so doesnt work in MAME. The MAME fullset importer will only import games that are known working in MAME.

image.thumb.png.fac17b164761b079502e193c6629e8e4.png

3 minutes ago, decibel001 said:

I was playing Dynamite Cop in Mame, so can I manually import it into big box? It seemed to work just fine. 

Yes you can manually add it, but it wont be added with the fullset importer as it is marked as "Prelimary" by MAME themselves, so is skipped by the importer.

I'm new to this obviously but last night I tried to  import Ring King and Dynamite Cop and they would not import. It would go through the motions but then say 0 games added. I know I have my rom folder path correct. I have a split set of .205 mame, I used the import roms process in the tools menu.