Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Future pinball


knightCrawler
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is working FP setup. You no longer need to use the AHK.exe anymore as long as you use the commands listed in the Default Command-Line Parameters below:

/open %romfile% /play /exit

image.thumb.png.f1d0e2cdbd956f51268bf4435d810d8e.pngIf using BAM (which really should to get most of FP) it looks the same, just points to BAM exe:

image.thumb.png.7e825da8d1370b1bbc3bd01751b9774f.pngIf you are getting meditation errors 99% of time is due to settings under Preferences.  This setup below has worked on +500 tables I have opened to generate screen caps (Ignore the 2nd monitor checkbox, I have setup so 2nd screen shows the backbox for the pinball machine).

There are a few tables where you must change the model quality to Medium. Some video cards can also cause issues. So if still having issues try lowering texture filtering and turning off reflections and other graphic enhancements. The key ones that cause most issues are the "Render the Game Room" turned to off and most tables need the "High Quality Textures" turned on.  I have found at least on my card the Back Board reflection and Playfield Reflections cause problems on tables, so I just leave off.

image.thumb.png.833e9e16fa2c7d840335bebc6f07b721.pngLastly, if still getting errors in a table then there are some that have messed up code.  Going here (or many others) to download an updated version solves most other problems.  http://www.pinsimdb.org/   Other than that, without knowing the table name, hard to say. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi there, it works!

But...on a video on youtube i saw on launchbox there already was a platform called "future Pinball".

Now..with last version, with the "import ROM" procedure i do not see "Future Pinball" on all default platforms..is it normal??

I ask this because doing so all manually...it is not possible to see all official gadgets on rolling menu, like others associated platforms...

Future Pinball has been erased from officials platform on launchbox?

Thanks on advance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, danielsan27 said:

Hi there, it works!

But...on a video on youtube i saw on launchbox there already was a platform called "future Pinball".

Now..with last version, with the "import ROM" procedure i do not see "Future Pinball" on all default platforms..is it normal??

I ask this because doing so all manually...it is not possible to see all official gadgets on rolling menu, like others associated platforms...

Future Pinball has been erased from officials platform on launchbox?

Thanks on advance

You can type any name you like into the box, it doesnt have to be in the dropdown list. However it is not in our database so the tables will not scrape any info or images.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can type any name you like into the box, it doesnt have to be in the dropdown list. However it is not in our database so the tables will not scrape any info or images.

Ah ok, so .."FP" is out of your database...

i was on mistake cause on Youtube i saw "Raindog's Future Pinball tutorial (Launch Box)" video on which FP was on the list...

So..no image for FP, no rolling MENU...no images for tables...

Thanks.... :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, danielsan27 said:

Ah ok, so .."FP" is out of your database...

i was on mistake cause on Youtube i saw "Raindog's Future Pinball tutorial (Launch Box)" video on which FP was on the list...

So..no image for FP, no rolling MENU...no images for tables...

Thanks.... :(

It was never in our database. If people have it in there Launchbox they manually added data and images for it, which your free to do. You can add anything to Launchbox, whether its in our database or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i was mistaking seeing that video..

Thanks..

i also added clear logos for tables, but i have to search for "installing clear logo on rolling menu for the emulator" and..

"installing manually at leaast one image for every table".

Is there any tutorial??

great work!!

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 months later...

I have just set up Future Pinball.  Launching tables works without issue using the command line text detailed above.  However, when I press the same Launchbox menu button that brings me to the BigBox game menu for any other emulator, nothing happens when in Future Pinball. I verified the key is not mapped at all in the Future Pinball controller config.

Does anyone know if there is a specific AutoHotkey setup needed in the emulator settings to enter/exit the Launchbox menu from Future Pinball? 

Edited by drw4013
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, drw4013 said:

I have just set up Future Pinball.  Launching tables works without issue using the command line text detailed above.  However, when I press the same Launchbox menu button that brings me to the BigBox game menu for any other emulator, nothing happens when in Future Pinball. I verified the key is not mapped at all in the Future Pinball controller config.

Does anyone know if there is a specific AutoHotkey setup needed in the emulator settings to enter/exit the Launchbox menu from Future Pinball? 

Overall FP and Pinball FX3 do not play well with the LB menu.  When did testing on this awhile ago this what found  which is basically if you are only using FP and not BAM then you can get the pause/menu feature to work (at least with the older versions of LB, haven't tried since then) but need to make sure turn on Forceful Pause Screen Activation under the pause tab for the FP emulator in LB.  It will not work at all with BAM.  Summary below:

  • Future Pinball - No BAM.  No AHK Compiled EXE Loaders.  Pause Works.   Forceful must be turned on.  Forceful turned off doesn't bring up menu. Used this in default command line parameters to avoid using a loader: 
/open %romfile% /play /exit
  • Future Pinball  - No BAM.  With AHK Loader.  Pause Broken.  Doesn't bring up screen or pause game.  I was using a modified version of the loader below when tested yesterday when thought it was broken without BAM.  LB used to not be  able to launch directly so folks may have the loader still if haven't modified setups. 
  • Future Pinball  - With BAM (uses FPLoader.exe)  Pause Broken.  Doesn't bring up screen or pause game.   I also found that any AHK script in LB wouldn't work once started using FPLoader. 
  • Future Pinball - With BAM and using AHK Loader. Pause Broken.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...