LaunchBox Community Forums

Future Pinball Loader for Launchbox

View File

EDIT: I hope the file was useful to the community in the past, but it's no longer needed to launch FP tables in Launchbox. See @sundogaks post here about launching tables.

This zip contains a simple AutoHotKey executable and script that will help with loading Future Pinball tables.

The Problem: Future pinball requires the /open "Drive Letter:\full path\table_name.fpt" /play /exit commands to be specified individually for each table, otherwise the table will not load. Launchbox currently will not launch Future Pinball on its own without doing a little extra work in each table's settings. You have to manually enter this on each table which can be time consuming if you have a lot of tables to load.

Usage: Simply place the FP.exe file in your Future Pinball folder and point to it instead of the Future Pinball executable when setting up Future Pinball as an emulator in Launchbox. That's it.

Roll your own: If you are un-trusting and don't want to use the files in the zip (I don't blame you), you can download AutoHotKey and compile your own. The code is below. I've also included the non compiled FP.ahk so you can compile that if that suits you. That way you can open it in an editor to check the code before compiling.

Run, "Future Pinball.exe" /open "%1%" /play /exit

Edited by JaysArcade
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 5 months later...

Hi - thank you very much for this help! Unfortunately, it is not working for me in Windows 10 (I heard that may be a compatibility issue). Any updates or ideas? I followed your (very simple, thank you) instructions by adding FP.exe into my root folder where Future Pinball.exe is located. But it still opens up Future Pinball without loading the table. Thanks again for any further help...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm not sure what the Windows 10 issue is you are talking about. I created this plugin on a Windows 10 machine and its working here so it must be something in your setup. Unless it has something to do with the Windows 10 Creators update. Not sure about that one but I'm doubtful that is an issue either. It is a very simple script so I'm not sure how it could be broken from much of anything really. Can anyone else confirm if this is still working for them in Windows 10?

On 4/27/2017 at 5:23 AM, kriscraigs said:

Hi - thank you very much for this help! Unfortunately, it is not working for me in Windows 10 (I heard that may be a compatibility issue). Any updates or ideas? I followed your (very simple, thank you) instructions by adding FP.exe into my root folder where Future Pinball.exe is located. But it still opens up Future Pinball without loading the table. Thanks again for any further help...

@kriscraigs did you set Launchbox to point at FP.exe for those tables? You need to tell Launchbox that FP.exe is the emulator as opposed to the original Future Pinball executable. Sorry I'm so late getting back to you. I never got a forum notification about your issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/4/2016 at 1:32 AM, JaysArcade said:

View File

This zip contains a simple AutoHotKey executable and script that will help with loading Future Pinball tables.

The Problem: Future pinball requires the /open "Drive Letter:\full path\table_name.fpt" /play /exit commands to be specified individually for each table, otherwise the table will not load. Launchbox currently will not launch Future Pinball on its own without doing a little extra work in each table's settings. You have to manually enter this on each table which can be time consuming if you have a lot of tables to load.

Usage: Simply place the FP.exe file in your Future Pinball folder and point to it instead of the Future Pinball executable when setting up Future Pinball as an emulator in Launchbox. That's it.

Roll your own: If you are un-trusting and don't want to use the files in the zip (I don't blame you), you can download AutoHotKey and compile your own. The code is below. I've also included the non compiled FP.ahk so you can compile that if that suits you. That way you can open it in an editor to check the code before compiling.

Run, "Future Pinball.exe" /open "%1%" /play /exit

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with this.

THANKS A MILLION FOR THIS!

FP seems to be working OK in LB now

Now Visual Pinball on the other hand, all trying to play a game in LB from the wheel does is open VP itself....causing me to have to put down my arcade stick, pick the keyboard back up & navigate through VP's menu to find & play the game & go through all the steps...Very let down there doesn't seem to be a way to utilize LB with VP.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

@cleverest You actually no longer need to use an AHK script because LB can now pass the romfile variable. 

Point the emulator to the Future Pinball.exe or if using BAM to the FPLoader.exe and use this under the default command line:

Capture.thumb.PNG.bbe4ad73ebd844f54d82a1d508ec22fa.PNG

/open %romfile% /play /exit

So yes FP works on 11.2 although you cannot use the pause screen due to exclusive screen use.  LB controller mappings do work for exiting tables.

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All, I'm just getting into Future Pinball and wondering if anyone has a super n00bs setup guide explaining things? 

It seems it's reasonably easy to add to Launchbox now, but is there a simple way/place to get images vids etc? When do I need to use FP Launcher vs Future Pinball.exe? What's a BAM?

I'm looking for a starter guide to everything Future Pinball as well as a how to get into Launchbox... 

Thanks!