LaunchBox Community Forums

Launch An Application through a batch file.

rzyamaki

Hi all I am completely new to this site and LaunchBox itself :). I am trying to launch Dead or Alive 5 - Last Round through a batch file and I am unable to do that :'(. The .exe file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round" and in that file is the .exe Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Launcher.exe and I want to launch that through a batch file so I can add that in LaunchBox.

This is the script that I have added and I know it is wrong:

@echo off

cd
start C:\Program Files (x86)\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round" Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Launcher.exe
Select {"enter"}
exit

I would appreciate that if someone can help me with this, thanx in advance :)

4 minutes ago, rzyamaki said:

Hi all I am completely new to this site and LaunchBox itself :). I am trying to launch Dead or Alive 5 - Last Round through a batch file and I am unable to do that :'(. The .exe file is in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round" and in that file is the .exe Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Launcher.exe and I want to launch that through a batch file so I can add that in LaunchBox.

This is the script that I have added and I know it is wrong:

@echo off

cd
start C:\Program Files (x86)\Dead or Alive 5 Last Round" Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Launcher.exe
Select {"enter"}
exit

I would appreciate that if someone can help me with this, thanx in advance :)

What is the batch file actually for? Normal windows.exe's can just be added to Launchbox. You just drag the shortcut onto the Launchbox window and choose the "none of the above" option and that will launch the game from launchbox just like it would on the desktop.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

What is the batch file actually for? Normal windows.exe's can just be added to Launchbox. You just drag the shortcut onto the Launchbox window and choose the "none of the above" option and that will launch the game from launchbox just like it would on the desktop.

Hi, thanx for your reply and I already know that but the thing is that I have already added the game but when I try to launch it then that small window comes up with the 2 options "Please look at the attachment". I have circled it. Now if someone knows some coding then he/she can help me creating that batach file which will allow the game to launch instantly instead of getting the annoying window and then I have to use my mouse for it. I want to launch the game properly in BigBox and cannot use my mouse as I want to make an arcade machine so I want to make as much as user friendly with no keyboard and mouse attached to it. Hope this all makes sense now why I want & etc.... 

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Launcher.PNG

1.Yes, when I launch the game straight from Windows I get the annoying window that I have to use the mouse to proceed as the enter button does not responds when I press it.

2. No, it does not proceeds when I press enter. Please look at the screen shot that is provided & I have circled it .

329347636_DeadorAlive5LastRoundLauncher.PNG.8ca24a08aaa08ae061565f8584241b0e.png

That's true, the 2nd option is for the resolution of the game when I have already changed through .ini file. The option that is circled is the one that will allow the game to start. Now I want to know how I can use that option in 1 go without using the mouse & not only that but also moving the file to launchbox so it launch it smoothly in 1 go. I was thinking to create a batch file and then convert it to .exe or see that the batch file does gets accepted by launchbox otherwise I'll have to change it.

You won't need to convert the batch file to exe just for LaunchBox.  Either will work. 

Based on your exe file (...Launcher.exe), I assume it's a game through Steam which makes this actually an issue with Steam and not LB.  However a quick search indicates there have been issues (and resolutions) for 'forcing' DOA-5 to read the ini file.  I don't have the game so I don't know, but since you're getting the option to Start the game OR run Settings Configuration, it might not be reading your ini file (via its' actual location).  I presume the startup screen (after the short video clip) should look like:

image.thumb.png.ab22685aa8793b0f5e0298726aa421e6.png...in which case, passing the "Enter" key is easier than passing a mouse click.  May want to look at the SteamCommunity for more.

• 2 weeks later...

In an AHK script it's:

send, !{Enter}

Problem is I don't know to incorporate 'after the program starts, press enter'.  I think you to do something like:

Run, "D:\MyFolder\MyProgram.exe"

then add in something to the effect of 'if the program is running, press the Enter key then exit the script'.

May try searching this site or Google. :) 

Or like this now, if I want to launch Street Fighter Ultra I get this error message > Please see Attachment

I have already changed the settings in gpedit and still this window pops up and I cannot proceed with the game until I have to use the mouse which I actually don't want to. Because I will make the cabinet mouse or keyboard free. 

StreetFight Ultra Error.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ahk is AUTO HOT KEY, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AutoHotkey.

Is there a .exe file or .bat file that will launch the game directly? have you searched the game folder for .exe or .bat?

Google translate says the button you want is called "start game" and the other is called "game settings"

So my theory is, can you start the game without going to the "game settings" screen. 

cheers

• 1 year later...

Since I stumbled across this thread recently and no one gave a straight answer to this question i'll do so. This method is useful when dealing with doujin games since many of them pop up with a config screen.

in the game directory where the .exe resides you will want to create an .ahk script.

This is easy to do. Just create a .txt file and then rename it afterwards to .ahk.

in the text file you will want to add in the following.

Run TroubleWitches.exe
Sleep, 2500
 SetKeyDelay, -1, 110
 Send {Enter}
 Return

replace "TroubleWitches.exe" with the .exe name you are trying to run. Then save the file and rename it to to an .ahk file.

You can adjust the sleep time accordingly depending on the game you are launching.

In Launchbox you will then want to change the "Application Path:" for the specified game to point to your .ahk script. This is easy to do. Just right click on the game in launchbox. Click edit, select Launching, and change the application path.

Launchbox comes with autohotkey. Please note that it is likely with a fresh launchbox install that windows does not have .ahk scripts associated with autohotkey. If this is the case you will need to associate the files. This can be easily done by double clicking on an .ahk file and when windows asks what application to associate the file type with you will need to browse to your launchbox directory "LaunchBox\ThirdParty\AutoHotkey\" and then select AutoHotkey.exe

An additional note.

For some games it is possible that when the initial config screen pops up the correct button is not highlighted so hitting enter does not automatically start the game. In this situation you can add in Send {TAB x} before Send {Enter}. replace the x with the correct number of times you would have to hit Tab to result in the correct button to be highlighted.

• Like 1