LaunchBox Community Forums

Neo Geo CD in MESS

Codeen

20 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

I think someone else had this problem recently, try an older version of MAME like 0.196

dude, you're awesome, it worked, and so are the rest of you, we have to jot this down, it only works with older versions of mame at this point, thanks once again belgarath

Untitled.jpg

3 hours ago, Codeen said:
4 hours ago, Belgarath said:

dude, you're awesome, it worked, and so are the rest of you, we have to jot this down, it only works with older versions of mame at this point, thanks once again belgarath

.I just wanted to chime in and say that this does work with the latest MAME 0.206 (don't want to spread false information). A few versions ago there were revisions to the neo bios file so maybe your bios rom didn't match the version of the emulator you were using but whatever the issue is its on your side not with in MAME.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Codeen

I'm on MAME 0.206 and my Neo-Geo CDZ games play just fine. Just retested Double Dragon.

Regarding your Neo_Geo CDZ (US) bios not showing in the UI. 
With MAME 0.206, when you select the BIOS filter, the centre window lists all the arcade bios whether you have them or not. It does not show the bios for the console/computer stuff like Neo-Geo CDZ (US), Intellivision, Odyssey 2, ColecoVision (NTSC) and so on.
The Available filter, which lists what you actually have, will show any non arcade bios you have such as your Neo-Geo CDZ (US) one.
By the way, the Neo-Geo CDZ (US) bios (neocdz.zip) hasn't changed since late 2017.

3 hours ago, DOS76 said:

.I just wanted to chime in and say that this does work with the latest MAME 0.206 (don't want to spread false information). A few versions ago there were revisions to the neo bios file so maybe your bios rom didn't match the version of the emulator you were using but whatever the issue is its on your side not with in MAME.

Very true, and sorry if I gave that impression. I've still got the old bios set and most of the ones floating around on the internet are the old set which is why is the only reason I suggested an earlier version of MAME.

25 minutes ago, Belgarath said:

Very true, and sorry if I gave that impression. I've still got the old bios set and most of the ones floating around on the internet are the old set which is why is the only reason I suggested an earlier version of MAME.

It's cool, @DOS76 is just a grumpy old man. :) Point stands though as you say, it depends what bios you have, and by the sounds of it @Codeen is grabbing bios and roms from somewhere other than the dome of pleasure, so not current, but using the current version of MAME as the emulator, and there lies the issue. :) 

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

It's cool, @DOS76 is just a grumpy old man. :) Point stands though as you say, it depends what bios you have, and by the sounds of it @Codeen is grabbing bios and roms from somewhere other than the dome of pleasure, so not current, but using the current version of MAME as the emulator, and there lies the issue. :) 

i am unaware of the dome of pleasure but i do go to "paradise" to get most of my things

2 minutes ago, Codeen said:

i am unaware of the dome of pleasure but i do go to "paradise" to get most of my things

OK, yeah there stuff concerning MAME and the like is now i believe 7 versions old, it may still be available within some reasons ;) but its old i believe by having a quick look they are stuck on, or around. 0.199

So if that is what you are using, stick to the 0.199 MAME version and do not update your emulator or romset. They are numbered for  reason. :) 

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, yeah there stuff concerning MAME and the like is now i believe 7 versions old, it may still be available within some reasons ;) but its old i believe by having a quick look they are stuck on, or around. 0.199

So if that is what you are using, stick to the 0.199 MAME version and do not update your emulator or romset. They are numbered for  reason. :) 

with that being said, i'm using mame's 0.206 for my arcade games, as well as the neo geo arcade games, so, i don't get it either or the numbered sets