LaunchBox Community Forums

Black screen when exiting Dolphinlaying Wii in Big Box

Tatts4Life

Assume you are not using a Retroarch Dolphin core but Dolphin directly.  Would check you have the "-b" option in command line parameters which will close Dolphin when exiting a game.  The other would be to check the Autohotkey Script tab and make sure you don't have something in there that is causing a conflict.

image.thumb.png.8eef8abb7a7d31cab301d286c80d5ece.png

Only thing else I can think of to check would be to see if in BigBox you have something mapped in the keyboard mappings under Options for the "Escape" key. It shouldn't matter (in theory) but doesn't hurt to check. 

Beyond that not sure other than trying to redownload most current LB and installing again in case something got corrupted. 

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:31 PM, Tatts4Life said:

When I exit a game in LB things work fine. But when I exit a game by pressing the ESC key I get a black screen and nothing happens...

3 hours ago, Tatts4Life said:

So I check and my edit emulator screen looks the same with -b and -e. Again when exiting a Wii game in LB things work fine. When I press ESC in BB screen goes black and nothing happens. 

Are you using "ESC" key in both Launchbox and BigBox? Just want to clarify as your first posts makes is sound like you are not.

Yes I do it for both. for the Wii I use the ESC key because the way the Wii controller works with the Mayflash bar I can't set up a shortcut the way I have other systems with my xbox one controller. I'm thinking it's an issue with the Mayflash dolphin bar but not sure why since I can exit LB fine and it's just an issue with BB.

Edited by Tatts4Life

It just hangs in Dolphin.

so I figured out the problem. I originally had probably a stable release. I had version 5.0.149 I think, apparently I had an option checked for dolphin to look for and download an update once a month. It downloaded an update that I guess was broken with exiting BB even though everything else worked. I updated to a current build and it exits just fine now out of both LB and BB. Now the only issue is the Dolphin menu and the black windowed starting up screen pop up. 

Wasn't there some kind of thing you type in to hide those? What files can I transfer from my old file to this new download?

I forgot to grab my Dolphin settings but @Jason Carr seems to be right with what he posted in that other thread. The issue  for my system or setup seems to be with the shutdown part of the new startup feature. But only on the Big Box side. In Launchbox itself it exits just fine. I'll do some more testing later when the wife and kids aren't bugging me to watch tv since we're having a snow day today here in Maryland. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatts4Life said:

I forgot to grab my Dolphin settings but @Jason Carr seems to be right with what he posted in that other thread. The issue  for my system or setup seems to be with the shutdown part of the new startup feature. But only on the Big Box side. In Launchbox itself it exits just fine. I'll do some more testing later when the wife and kids aren't bugging me to watch tv since we're having a snow day today here in Maryland. 

I'm guessing it's somehow a combination of the following:

• Dolphin settings
  • Drivers
  • LaunchBox startup/shutdown screen settings

It would be good to compare them all to see what might be causing it. :)

33 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm guessing it's somehow a combination of the following:

• Dolphin settings
  • Drivers
  • LaunchBox startup/shutdown screen settings

It would be good to compare them all to see what might be causing it. :)

That's what I was thinking since I have no issue in any of the past 2 versions of BigBox/LB and multiple versions of Dolphin.

@Tatts4Life no worries, when you get a chance post the settings. Also what is your system specs?

• Like 1

I'm using Dolphin 5.0-9616 The settings were pretty much left the way they were.

Launchbox and Big Box Startup was left at Default with 1 second minimum Startup and shutdown display time

I'm not sure what you mean by drivers.

As for my System I'm running Windows 10 version 1809. I have an EVGA GTX 970 graphics card. Intel 4790k cpu

Hopefully this information will help

Dolphin_Advanced_Settings.jpg

Dolphin_General_Settings.jpg

Dolphin_Graphics_Advanced.jpg

Dolphin_Graphics_Enhancments.jpg

Dolphin_Graphics_General.jpg

Dolphin_Graphics_Hacks.jpg

Dolphin_Interface_Settings.jpg

Dolphin_Wii_Settings.jpg

@Tatts4Life Tested the same version of Dolphin with your settings on multiple games and no issue closing from BigBox fo reference here are some specs and settings. 

Startup and Shutdown are set to 4 seconds (set from the startup option in Launchbox/Tools). In the edit the emulator screen for Dolphin the Startup I have the delay set to 5 seconds playing around with anything lower does not affect the shutdown from BigBox it only makes the transition not as seamless. 

Tested on 2 pcs. 

1: Core i7-7700k, GTX1080, Win 1809 (Beta Launchbox)

2: Core i5-8400, GTX1060 Win 1803 (standard Launchbox)

If you have not tried turning off the startup/shutdown theme give it a try. Make sure you do it in BigBox. Some forget LB and BB have settings in each. Curious to see if that fixes it or not. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2019 at 23:47, Retro808 said:

J'ai manqué ça. Je me demande pourquoi cela fonctionne pour moi et pas pour vous et pourquoi cela n'affecte que BigBox. Si vous voulez gérer Emulator et éditer Dolphin et que dans l'onglet Startup, laissez les Starups activés mais désactivez Shutdown, est-ce que cela fonctionne toujours?

Captureh.JPG

Thanks Retro I was in the same case, and actually it was the game start up that posed problem . :)