LaunchBox Community Forums

9.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

7 minutes ago, nosh said:

Hey @Jason Carr been working on a lot of playlist media recently it would be awesome if we had the option to add/use "default" images for any image using the naming convention [Platform Name] [Playlist].png ie. Sega Genesis All Games.png or Sega Genesis Action.png. I am thinking a default folder under Platform Categories and Playlists folders for each of the image types Devices, Banners, Clear Logos where you can place these fallback images. In my case, I want all my systems to use the same images for all the platform categories like favorites and regions as well as all the genres like singleplayer and adventure. 

Hi @nosh, that makes sense. That was actually on the last community poll, and did get fairly high results, so it is actually planned (at least as far as game boxes and such). Should be coming soon. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Assuming I'm understanding correctly, this should already be possible. Just choose "Apply as Main Theme" and then press No when prompted to replace the theme for platforms and playlists.

Ok, now I feel dumb XD I did not know that was already added; since I do not change themes so much I did not realize the change. Last thing I remember is that changing a theme at the Platforms list/cateogries level changed it to all the childs as well.
Then disregard my request, and keep being awesome.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Beta 2 is out now with fixes for all of the above issues, at least as far as I can tell. :)

Let me know if anyone runs into any further bugs with the theme manager.

Hey! Just tried the new beta and it's still only loading the first theme in the list, everything else is blank.  Are there only supposed to be 3 themes in "Available Themes" so far?

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Hey! Just tried the new beta and it's still only loading the first theme in the list, everything else is blank.  Are there only supposed to be 3 themes in "Available Themes" so far?

Cheers!

Can you screenshot what you mean by this? My understanding was that the list of themes was not scrolling down, which is what I fixed.

38 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you screenshot what you mean by this? My understanding was that the list of themes was not scrolling down, which is what I fixed.

Sure, this is how it looks. The first theme in the list, CriticalZonev2 Bluebox displays all buttons and screenshots, but if I go down to Aeon Nox and Cityhunter, no buttons or screenshots show.

Theme Not Displaying

Theme Displaying

Edited by e2zippo

15 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Sure, this is how it looks. The first theme in the list CriticalZonev2 Bluebox displays all buttons and screenshots, but if i go down to Aeon Nox and the Cityhunter, no buttons or screenshots show.

Theme Not Displaying

Theme Displaying

Ah, thanks. Not sure why that's happening...yet. What language are you using in LaunchBox/Big Box?

12 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

English in both.

Can you turn on debug logging under LaunchBox > Tools > Options > Debugging > Enable Debug Logs? Then you can look in the LaunchBox\Logs folder and send me the latest log so I can look to see what might be happening. I might need to add some additional reporting though in a new beta, not sure yet. If you can give it a shot though I'd appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Assuming I'm understanding correctly, this should already be possible. Just choose "Apply as Main Theme" and then press No when prompted to replace the theme for platforms and playlists.

@Jason Carr just tested this, and sadly, it did not prompt an option to choose whether to apply a theme in the Main category/list level only or to all; it just applied it to everything (I had to enter afterwards on each platform and reselect the correct theme :( ).

I tested it using the key shortcut, and the below is what I see when pressed, if I press the Accept button, it applies to everything, no questions asked.

image.thumb.png.85d2b3563dcd6fdc31caa8e4ae130af6.png

I also tried selecting it from the Options menu and the same thing happens.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is another way to select the themes that I am missing.

Thanks!

Just now, Kondorito said:

@Jason Carr just tested this, and sadly, it did not prompt an option to choose whether to apply a theme in the Main category/list level only or to all; it just applied it to everything (I had to enter afterwards on each platform and reselect the correct theme :( ).

I tested it using the key shortcut, and the below is what I see when pressed, if I press the Accept button, it applies to everything, no questions asked.

image.thumb.png.85d2b3563dcd6fdc31caa8e4ae130af6.png

I also tried selecting it from the Options menu and the same thing happens.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is another way to select the themes that I am missing.

Thanks!

The option is in the new Themes Manager. I have not changed the stuff that was there before. There's a "Set as Main Theme" option in the themes manager.

2 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Can you turn on debug logging under LaunchBox > Tools > Options > Debugging > Enable Debug Logs? Then you can look in the LaunchBox\Logs folder and send me the latest log so I can look to see what might be happening. I might need to add some additional reporting though in a new beta, not sure yet. If you can give it a shot though I'd appreciate it.

Same thing happens to me. Here's the log! :D

Debug 2019-03-04 05-48-46 PM.log