LaunchBox Community Forums

All my Bally Midway MAME games stopped working

DarthWHAT

Not sure when it happened maybe after the LaunchBox update but they were working at one point. Games like rampage, tapper, spy hunter, tron, pigskin football. I’ve googled my ass off and can’t really find anything. Anyone have issues with this games? When I try to load in LB or BB just the loading screen and then black screen for 2 seconds then back to BB or LB.

Thats a good idea, I will have to check when I get home later.  I'll report back. With these midway games I know they require the missio.zip or whatever its called to run, anyone know what a good site is to use for reference to see what roms need these particular zip files to run? maybe I've delete something I wasnt supposed to. Its just weird that only these games stopped working.

1 hour ago, DarthWHAT said:

Thats a good idea, I will have to check when I get home later.  I'll report back. With these midway games I know they require the missio.zip or whatever its called to run, anyone know what a good site is to use for reference to see what roms need these particular zip files to run? maybe I've delete something I wasnt supposed to. Its just weird that only these games stopped working.

Those games need the Midway Sound file midssio.zip. Make sure you did not delete that. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Those games need the Midway Sound file midssio.zip. Make sure you did not delete that. 

Yes that is in there. These were working once, so something happened at one point that made them stop. I've removed all the zips and re-added to see if that worked and nothing. I'm going to test run these thru MAME only tonight to rule out Launchbox.

2 minutes ago, DarthWHAT said:

Yes that is in there. These were working once, so something happened at one point that made them stop. I've removed all the zips and re-added to see if that worked and nothing. I'm going to test run these thru MAME only tonight to rule out Launchbox.

Running directly through Mame is always best as it will tell you exactly which file you are missing.

Sometimes you can have the rom set, but still be missing a single individual rom within the set. 

1 minute ago, Headrush69 said:

Running directly through Mame is always best as it will tell you exactly which file you are missing.

Sometimes you can have the rom set, but still be missing a single individual rom within the set. 

Trying to figure out the MAME UI is pretty confusing to say the least lol Not sure how to use it but thanks for knowledge!

12 minutes ago, DarthWHAT said:

We always recommend when adding new systems and when something stops working. Test directly in the emulator first. This way, as was mentioned, we rule out the emulator. As long as it works in the emulator we can have an easier time of troubleshooting Launchbox. 

4 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

We always recommend when adding new systems and when something stops working. Test directly in the emulator first. This way, as was mentioned, we rule out the emulator. As long as it works in the emulator we can have an easier time of troubleshooting Launchbox. 

Got it Thanks!

1 hour ago, DarthWHAT said:

okay so I tried running rampage in MAMEUI and it does the same thing, but this time it causes MAME to crash. MAME also shows its as a working rom.

Double check in MameUI and make sure you have the rom path set. Should be under Option > Directories. 

Did you change settings or update MameUI recently. 

I have the path ROMs set. I see all my games. I did play with the video settings once but swear I changed things back to how they were. At least I assumed i did since all but 5 of my ROMs still play. Does Bally midway get weird in video settings?