LaunchBox Community Forums

Can't launch Naomi GD, CHD Games in Launchbox

Rollie

Hello All, 

This is a follow up to my previous post regarding demul and Sega Naomi. I was able to import the Naomi games thanks to @DOS76, unfortunately when I try to launch a GD rom, demul appears but nothing happens after that. I receive no errors from Launchbox or Demul. Could this be an issue with a plugin in Demul? Non-GD roms are able to launch fine and I have the roms & bios directory highlighting my mame folder with a merged chd set included.

Thanks!

On 6/18/2019 at 6:54 AM, Retro808 said:

Do you have the plug-in selected in Demul settings? Also can you run the game directly in Demul without trying to launch through Launchbox?

Yes I have the chd plugin selected. No it still thinks I dont have the nessicary chd files even though I pointed the emulator toward the mame folder with the chd set included.

1 minute ago, Rollie said:

Yes I have the chd plugin selected. No it still thinks I dont have the nessicary chd files even though I pointed the emulator toward the mame folder with the chd set included.

Can you give an example of a game you are trying to run that is not working? 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:06 PM, Rollie said:

I'm currently at work right now but guilty gear xx is what I used as a test rom. I believe the error indicates that gdl0011.chd is not found in romset ggxx.

Are your chd files unzipped and in the proper folder?

On 6/19/2019 at 1:29 PM, Rollie said:

No, what name should the folder be? I have the entire chd pack of .204. Even when unpacking the chd I still received the error.

Not sure if Demul requires this like Mame does but you may need each chd for a game in its own folder named after the games zipped file and the chd unzipped inside. 

So for Guilty Gear XX you should have a folder named ggxx and then the chd inside. 

[Your Rom Location]\ggxx\gdl-0011.chd

Hello All,

Sorry for the late response. The chd files are all actually unzipped. I placed the chd in the ggxx foler but it still said that it couldn't find it. After then extracting the game archive and placing the chd file in with the correct plugin path I received a new error. I'm not sure what this means. I changed the plugin path from mame to ggxx, that could possibly be it.2083471653_Capture3.thumb.PNG.4ffc1f6c760c211a98f6a33f2d3f7c46.PNG

17 hours ago, Rollie said:

Hello All,

Sorry for the late response. The chd files are all actually unzipped. I placed the chd in the ggxx foler but it still said that it couldn't find it. After then extracting the game archive and placing the chd file in with the correct plugin path I received a new error. I'm not sure what this means. I changed the plugin path from mame to ggxx, that could possibly be it.2083471653_Capture3.thumb.PNG.4ffc1f6c760c211a98f6a33f2d3f7c46.PNG

That is the file that is in the ggxx.zip rom file that is needed for the game. Do you have that zip file as well? You need both the zip and chd for that game and you need to make sure Demul knows where they both are.

Hello All, thank you for your responses. The issue has been resolved, I didn't realize demul didn't check sub folders, once I placed the game archive, chd and bios in the same folder the game ran successfully. Thanks again everyone for your assistance. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I too am having this issue when trying to load Naomi GD games, and I feel like I have followed every setup guide correctly. I have been successful loading regular naomi, atomiswave, and cave games in DEmul and have run other chd games like SF3 and KI2 in Mame just fine, so I'm really stumped as to what I am doing wrong here!

In my roms folder for DEmul, I have the game .zip, a folder with the same name as the game with the chd inside of it, and the naomi, naomi2, and naomigd bios zips, but when I try to load a naomigd game, I get an, "unable to find 317-####-jpn.pic" in romset ****. My only idea of what might be wrong is when I look inside the game zip, it says it is a .bin and not a .pic?

Thank you for your help!

• 1 year later...