LaunchBox Community Forums

Please HELP! Scan for added roms shows games already in my collection

DVNT

I've posted this question many times before and have never got an answer. When using scan for added roms, Launchbox shows roms already in my collection for multiple platforms. So I constantly I have to be careful when adding roms by deleting duplicates or by adding them manually. Is there a way to fix this?

21 minutes ago, DVNT said:

I've posted this question many times before and have never got an answer. When using scan for added roms, Launchbox shows roms already in my collection for multiple platforms. So I constantly I have to be careful when adding roms by deleting duplicates or by adding them manually. Is there a way to fix this?

The scan for added roms does just that, it scans for games in the folder that are not imported into Launchbox. I would check that they are actually EXACTLY the same rom, its likely they are revision or beta versions of games. What romset are you using and what platforms are you seeing this on? Also can you supply some images of it trying to import a game you already have and a image of the existing game already in your library. 

It's not the same roms and it does it on multiple platforms. Here is an example. I already have Xenosaga Episode 2 disc 2 in my collection. If i click on scan for added roms for the PS2 it tries to add the disc 2 iso again. On PS1 and Saturn there are multiple bin files that show up that are already in my collection. So i have to delete them from the add window every time or I create duplicates.

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

13 hours ago, neil9000 said:

The scan for added roms does just that, it scans for games in the folder that are not imported into Launchbox. I would check that they are actually EXACTLY the same rom, its likely they are revision or beta versions of games. What romset are you using and what platforms are you seeing this on? Also can you supply some images of it trying to import a game you already have and a image of the existing game already in your library. 

And for the record, it didn't always do this. It just started about 6 months ago and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

20 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

That feature hasn't been changed in a long time, so I'm doubting that this is a new issue, but I could always be wrong. It sounds like maybe it's an issue because of bin/cue games? Maybe it's picking up the bin or the cue as a new file.

From the pic they seem to be isos. Could it be that the scan tool is not acknowledging the Additional Apps (that's why it is only trying to add all the Disc 2 isos, as they are not showing up in the main game list)?

On 8/13/2019 at 5:51 AM, Kondorito said:

From the pic they seem to be isos. Could it be that the scan tool is not acknowledging the Additional Apps (that's why it is only trying to add all the Disc 2 isos, as they are not showing up in the main game list)?

The scan tool was built to acknowledge additional apps from the beginning. It's possible that there's a bug, but I'm not currently aware of one there.

13 minutes ago, Chris Kant said:

I can confirm the same behaviour. It will always import disc that are already imported and under additional apps

I have just tested here with my Playstation platform which of course includes Final Fantasy VII which is as we all know has three discs. I have the discs under additional apps, and scanning my folder for added roms finds nothing.

399243162_ScreenShot08-15-19at10_24PM.thumb.PNG.9d36180a062c3481a978236e6b8ad6bb.PNG1050563487_ScreenShot08-15-19at10_26PM.thumb.PNG.63b475485eb8e0ee4575265e246485a0.PNG1039787337_ScreenShot08-15-19at10_27PM.thumb.PNG.3a1dcc93488cc7b66dfdc74a53d7dcf3.PNG

I have had this pop up on occasion and in my case always when imported game is an Additional App.  It is odd because it seems to only happen with certain games and for no obvious reason (i.e., special character in name vs others that import fine).  Deleting and re-adding doesn't fix the problem ones.  Until I made my Sony PS1 dual disc games into one file PBP, it popped up there as well on few games (so not emulator/system specific). 

So two that I know for sure that this still happens are under the Nintendo GameCube system.

These two games:

Lord of the Rings, The - The Third Age (USA) (Disc 1).gcz
Lord of the Rings, The - The Third Age (USA) (Disc 2).gcz

Resident Evil - Code Veronica X (USA) (Disc 1).gcz
Resident Evil - Code Veronica X (USA) (Disc 2).gcz

LB will always try to re-import the 2nd disc again no matter how import even though the settings are fine and adds to the additional app as expected.  It is like the Scan for Added Roms feature just doesn't see it.  So here is a run through with Resident Evil game above. 

1) Deleted game from LB.  Here are the two files on drive:

1646195685_Snip2.thumb.PNG.664d7599a3444901034ebb08086691c5.PNG2) Re-added both games with combine checked.  All looks good

996481496_Snip1.thumb.PNG.e16ffb56013b0246782071ff934596f4.PNG3) Looks good after import (not two separate files)

snip4.thumb.PNG.20501edc77b4515c0aef91b3b8444d4f.PNG4) Double check the additional apps. All added okay.

1575633362_Snip6.thumb.PNG.7813bcb13677032a8736886e6636d94f.PNG1094162539_Snip8.thumb.PNG.95f2fc370588358dfe5445beb427b721.PNG573103338_Snip7.thumb.PNG.21762e3c30d4be014a2fb96cd8fe4039.PNG5) Both look fine and will run as expected.

6) Now run the Scan for Added Roms and it pops up to add it again even though it is in the Additional Apps listing.  A manual Edit Application and re-linking files once game  added also won't fix.  Snip5.thumb.PNG.4cec3f679a0728cbaef2e8663902f316.PNG Sometimes I found a slight name change to both files will fix but that doesn't work all the time.  In the case of Resident Evil above, I deleted the "dash" in file names and adjusted the Additional Apps and will do the same thing (try to reimport disc 2 after both are added). I remember looking at the XML files once trying to figure out what is different but couldn't see any pattern but nothing jumped out.  Anyway, odd to be sure. 

Edit: tried  a couple other things.  Tried swapping Disc titles (i.e., Disc 1 is now Disc 2) to see if something peculiar with the file.  Will still pick up "Disc 2" even though it is physically the Disc 1 image. Other thing tried is making the names "Disc A" and "Disc B".  Same thing, now just keeps trying to re-import Disc B. 

Edited by sundogak
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...