LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible to have game indicate that there are versions in other platforms?

SharkLazer

Is there a way to set it up that when I select a title, say Cannon Fodder, that LaunchBox can indicate that the same title exists in multiple platforms?

Sometimes it would be wrong of course going by just name (Shadowrun is very different on different platforms), but anything that indicated the same title existed in multiple places would be nice.

Edited by SharkLazer
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, fromlostdays said:

It's already possible, but it's a bit of work. You can just add the other versions as additional apps to the game.

For instance I have Resident Evil HD Remake, but Resident Evil on the PS1 shows up as an additional app to that game, so I can launch either from the Remake menu. 

Sounds interesting but I assume we should focus on user friendly ways.

On 9/7/2019 at 7:39 AM, damageinc86 said:

Wasn't this something that was considered for the poll?  If not, it should be.  Would be cool to have just a little list box somewhere

Also available on the following platforms:

Super Nintendo Entertainment system

Sega Genesis

etc.

Yes, and forget to see this feature in Launchbox like in GameEx.....

It was a feature that nobody want in the latest poll, and was forget forever... pity...

For me is the best feature of GameEx and there is no other frontend that replicate it, but it's possible to implement. The interest of Launchbox creators in this feature is 0, so as I say before, forget to see it in Launchbox.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:59 AM, SharkLazer said:

Is there a way to set it up that when I select a title, say Cannon Fodder, that LaunchBox can indicate that the same title exists in multiple platforms?

Sometimes it would be wrong of course going by just name (Shadowrun is very different on different platforms), but anything that indicated the same title existed in multiple places would be nice.

It is as simple as adding to each game a field called series for example or platforms and putting in this field a unique number that identifies all the games that belong to that same series or same game.

For example, put in this new field to the game Cannon Fodder the number 12345 on all platforms where this game is. Then you just have to make a query that says which games have the code 12345 when you select the Cannon Fodder game on any of the platforms and you would have a list of all its variants, without errors.

This is only one possible solution, another could be to make a query by name, but in this case as you well say there could be errors when having different names on different platforms, but still, in most games it would also be a very acceptable solution.