LaunchBox Community Forums

Are there any PSDs available for game media?

Cypher

There's plenty of downloads available, but I can't find very many templates. I want some front/back 3D box artwork and in some cases, I prefer the fanart boxarts over the official ones. If someone could tell me where I could find some PSD templates, especially if they have templates for the various Blu-Ray sized cases, I'd appreciate it.

15 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

For templates, your best bet is to search for them in Deviantart and VGBoxart.

Thanks. Couldn't find what I was looking for, but I think I found enough of what I needed on VGBoxart -- even though the layout is confusing -- to get started.

Now I just need to figure out how to do the back of the box stuff, lol.

1 hour ago, spycat said:

Did you check out The Cover Project site?

If not, when you go in, go to Guides and scroll to Templates. 

I went to the site but I didn't know where to look earlier so I gave up. Thanks for pointing those out to me; those PSDs will go a long with with supplementing the PNGs I found.

I don't have all 3D boxes covered, but what I do have should suffice. Now I have what I need to get some work done for some of the romhacks missing some stuff, and the Steam games that use DVD case sized work instead of Bluray sized ones.

I've noticed most people for some reason or another do not ever want to include their psds.  Just the finished product.  But for people that want to continue the work, or add their own to actually complete their set, this doesn't work well.  Especially when a project looses steam and stops, or just needs a little tweak to be perfect for someone's setup. 

On 8/15/2019 at 12:28 AM, Cypher said:

There's plenty of downloads available, but I can't find very many templates. I want some front/back 3D box artwork and in some cases, I prefer the fanart boxarts over the official ones. If someone could tell me where I could find some PSD templates, especially if they have templates for the various Blu-Ray sized cases, I'd appreciate it.

If none of the sites referenced had what you want maybe post an image of the style you are looking for to see if anyone has a psd of that style.