LaunchBox Community Forums

Supermodel compatibility list

sasquatch

I have just set up the supermodel emulator for sega model 3 (version 0.3a-wip).

The following games do not boot.   I expect they are just not compatible yet, but if anybody has these working can you let me know and I will stick with it a little longer.

• Dirt Devils
  • Emergency Call Ambulance
  • Get Bass
  • L.A. Machine Guns
  • Le Mans 24
  • Magical Truck Adventure
  • Sega Bass Fishing
  • Sega Rally 2 DX
  • Virtual on 2

All working here. You likely need to adjust some setting in the test menu.

I'll see if I can find the the thread again on the supermodel forum that shows what needs to be done.

Are you using actual 0.3a-wip version or a newer SVN? (SVN will still say 0.3a in output)

Edited by Headrush69
  • Thanks 1

Those files were already there.   Replacing them didn't help.

Most of the games I'm having problems with open to a black screen.   I can't enter the test menu by pressing "6" like I was able to with other games.

34 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

I'll see if I can find the the thread again on the supermodel forum that shows what needs to be done.

Is this the forum?   I'll register there if you recommend it.

Those nvram should have the test options set for a working config. Are you 100% sure your roms are correct?

I would suggest downloading the new Supermodel3 GUI to help until you get all your games working,

Is there any output if you start supermodel3 from the command line?

Yes that is the forum, never required registration before though, hmmm. (Seems they're site getting spammed so you need to register now. You can get the Supermodel3 GUI there as well)

Edited by Headrush69

EmuCR has much more updated versions of Supermodel with better compatibility then that old version I'd really say to check that out but if you do don't use that build with the GUI it will mess with the emulators ini and reset it to something much older than what is supported now

https://www.emucr.com/2019/07/supermodel-svn-r777.html

here is a link to the newest version from July of this year.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

EmuCR has much more updated versions of Supermodel with better compatibility then that old version I'd really say to check that out but if you do don't use that build with the GUI it will mess with the emulators ini and reset it to something much older than what is supported now

https://www.emucr.com/2019/07/supermodel-svn-r777.html

here is a link to the newest version from July of this year.

Thought he said he had SVN r777.

also about checking if your ROMs are correct you can open the config folder and go to the games.xml then you can check what is expected to be there for each game against what i is in your rom archive and make sure the files are the correct ones its looking for. Didn't realize there was a newer GUI out for it either.

19 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

also about checking if your ROMs are correct you can open the config folder and go to the games.xml then you can check what is expected to be there for each game against what i is in your rom archive and make sure the files are the correct ones its looking for. Didn't realize there was a newer GUI out for it either.

I find the new GUI is easier for new users as it will tell you exactly which file you are missing in each romset if they are incomplete.

Edited by Headrush69
Fix Grammar.

Progress made thanks to you guys.

Down to 2 games not working.   

• Get Bass comes up with a board error during boot.   Is this the same game as Sega Bass Fishing?.   If so that works so it's not a problem.
  • LeMans 24 is missing epr-18261.bin - any ideas if this can be found in another romset?   Google keeps pointing me to the supermodel forum that I can't register on.

47 minutes ago, sasquatch said:

Progress made thanks to you guys.

Down to 2 games not working.   

• Get Bass comes up with a board error during boot.   Is this the same game as Sega Bass Fishing?.   If so that works so it's not a problem.
  • LeMans 24 is missing epr-18261.bin - any ideas if this can be found in another romset?   Google keeps pointing me to the supermodel forum that I can't register on.

For the epr-18261.bin if you have a good mame romset you can pull that file out of Sega Touring Car Championship rom (stcc.zip). In that file it will be named epr-18261.ic9 and will work with that name. Just copy it from the stcc.zip and place it in your lemans24.zip

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

For the epr-18261.bin if you have a good mame romset you can pull that file out of Sega Touring Car Championship rom (stcc.zip). In that file it will be named epr-18261.ic9 and will work with that name. Just copy it from the stcc.zip and place it in your lemans24.zip

Thats done it.   Thanks for all the help.   Love this forum. ?

5 hours ago, sasquatch said:

Thats done it.   Thanks for all the help.   Love this forum. ?

Hey @sasquatch I'm having the same issue as you had with several games with Black Screen. Has been able to fix Le Mans and Emergency Call Ambulance, but no luck with Dirt Devils, LA Machine Guns, Sega Bass Fishing, Get Bass and Magical Truck Adventure. Can you share how you were able to fix them? 

I was missing files in the rom package for those games.

• Download the GUI from emucr.   Place it in the same folder as supermodel to run it.
  • Loading the problem games from the GUI will give an error window.   This stated what files were missing.
  • i found the missing files in other model 3 roms and just copied them in.

Get Bass is the only rom not working for me now.   It boots to the game check screen and then finds a board error.   Not sure if it's a bad rom or just not compatible yet.   It looks to be the same game as Sega Bass Fishing that does work though.

6 hours ago, sasquatch said:

Get Bass is the only rom not working for me now.   It boots to the game check screen and then finds a board error.   Not sure if it's a bad rom or just not compatible yet.   It looks to be the same game as Sega Bass Fishing that does work though.

I double checked my collection and indeed Get Bass was the one I couldn't get working as well.

Since it's just a clone of Sega Bass Fishing, not a big deal for me. I generally don't keep clones unless they had somethig specific I need. (Character selection in TMNT, trackball support vs joystick support etc)

• 7 months later...
On 9/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, sasquatch said:

I was missing files in the rom package for those games.

• Download the GUI from emucr.   Place it in the same folder as supermodel to run it.
  • Loading the problem games from the GUI will give an error window.   This stated what files were missing.
  • i found the missing files in other model 3 roms and just copied them in.

it works for me! just emergency call ambulance i cannot get working. wip though!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any tips for how to rebuild this romset?  I have an older version of the EMU (2a and 3a WIP) that can load up the games.

When I download a newer version from emuCR that comes with a Games.xml - the games never load up at all.  I am thinking it has to do with the roms.