LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android 0.24 Released

Jason Carr

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

There's always stuff I can do to help with performance and such, but what device are you using and what are the actual startup times? This is the first I'm hearing of them being an issue, and it's usually less than a second or two.

Im using the Nvidia Shield & my content is on an external HD. The start time is exactly 1min 44secs. It's probably due to the large number of games & art i have for the c64. I got like the whole Tosec set in there. D64, Tap, T64 & also GB64. The Spectrum & Amstrad has a hell of alot of games too. Thats plus my St & all the consoles. Got pretty much everything in there. Im thinking i'll trim it down for the Android lol. Doesn't have quite as much crunching power as my desktop

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Soxbrother said:

Will we be able to choose between box front art and 3D box art soon ?

I hadn't planned on prioritizing that for soon, but I'll boost that up a bit higher on my list.

4 hours ago, Solo187 said:

Im using the Nvidia Shield & my content is on an external HD. The start time is exactly 1min 44secs. It's probably due to the large number of games & art i have for the c64. I got like the whole Tosec set in there. D64, Tap, T64 & also GB64. The Spectrum & Amstrad has a hell of alot of games too. Thats plus my St & all the consoles. Got pretty much everything in there. Im thinking i'll trim it down for the Android lol. Doesn't have quite as much crunching power as my desktop

Wow, that is exponentially slower than what I've seen. What was the total number of games you exported? That's probably easiest to check on the desktop. Where in the startup process does it spend the most time? What's it say when loading? Is it the Data portion?

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Wow, that is exponentially slower than what I've seen. What was the total number of games you exported? That's probably easiest to check on the desktop. Where in the startup process does it spend the most time? What's it say when loading? Is it the Data portion?

Yes, Its whilst its loading the data. My total number of games is 68776! so i guess its time to trim that down a little lol. I'll drop some of my c64 stuff & see how we do.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 3:16 PM, Kmetz7547 said:

Damon pro works great with ps2, is there the issue of getting it to boot from lb why we dont have this emu an option?

I've addressed this recently; there is no documentation on how to properly launch Damon PS2, and I haven't been able to figure it out. Nothing is working for me, and Google searches give me nothing as well. I think we're going to have to reach out to the developer if we have any hope for getting it figured out. Feel free to reach out yourself if you'd like to.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:45 PM, deliyuerek85 said:

@Jason Carr

Can you add MAME4droid for Arcade games?

Yeah, I'm definitely planning on it. I should have a new version out soon with MAME support, although it may be rough around the edges due to Android often requiring specific old MAME sets.

Hello everyone. How hard it would be to develop in-home syncing of RetroArch saves (because its literally one folder, and much convenient than multiple emulators). Like when you come home and connect to home Wi-Fi LaunchBox would detect it and sync saves with desktop LaunchBox retroarch, maybe even manually would be a great thing to have. Would be a huge game changer for me, Thanks for everything, LB devteam

Ah my bad missed the part with Android being involved. Last I checked no you can't use OD with Android because I don't believe it creates a local folder like in Windows or if it does I would have no clue where that would be located to even add it as a path in RA for Android. I think someone on the discord is using Free File Sync to accomplish this but don't hold me to that.

Edit LOL looking at the title to the thread now I just feel stupid.

26 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

Ah my bad missed the part with Android being involved. Last I checked no you can't use OD with Android because I don't believe it creates a local folder like in Windows or if it does I would have no clue where that would be located to even add it as a path in RA for Android. I think someone on the discord is using Free File Sync to accomplish this but don't hold me to that.

Edit LOL looking at the title to the thread now I just feel stupid.

Lol no worries. I think the first question we would have to answer is whether or not saves are even compatible between Retroarch on Windows and Retroarch on Android. That's not a given, and would need to be tested before we could even consider it as a possibility.