LaunchBox Community Forums

EMUMovies FTP vs LB Media Import

StevenSensei

Assume the following:

Nintendo Entertainment System - Roms have been pruned to be less than a full set. All have been imported into LB and are working. Some have art downloaded already, no video clips exist at this point.

Goal: Update art for all Roms and have video clips for use in big box for all titles. 

Question: 

If I download the art and videos from the EMUMovies FTP (Fast) and then copy the data to the proper LB folder,  will I then need to edit each ROM within LB to link the videos or is there a way to force LB to update the roms with the proper video path and images? (ideal)

If there is no way to force LB to fill in the video path etc, is it better to just download the videos and missing art from within LB even though it is slower? This would update the path information for the videos automatically, and I don't have to also deal with deleting any videos or art that are for titles I don't have in my romset. (slow)

Other ideas in how to best do this? 

i had pretty good luck with all of my media that I already had before I installed launchbox for the very first time.  It was all named very similar to the launchbox DB game names so launchbox applied the correct images for most of my games.  But even if it is a bit slow, it's pretty nice to have it all being taken care of from within the program.

• 4 weeks later...

I think it might work the way you want to do it, just copy the media in the right folders, named correctly obviously, and LB knows how to handle it.

Taking a closer look at any platform.xml file shows that LB stores it's "text" based data here, but not any information about media, as <ManualPath /> <MusicPath /> <VideoPath /> f.ex. are empty, meaning the path link isn't stored here. 

I would suggest letting LB scrap 1 game, creating the correct folders on your disk, then manually copy your media over and after that scanning your files. Worth a try. 

Edited by DeadVoivod

14 hours ago, mandadhus said:

when downloading via lauchbox where is it pulling from? Site or same api as sync? I notice from time to time throughout the site certain packs and such will have diff. quality

High Quality - FTP & Sync / Standard Quality - Site, FTP & Sync

It uses their API to access their sync server.