LaunchBox Community Forums

So many gameboy woes

spyksaturn

So it is like hell to get this game deal set up with the available emulators to my specifications. I'll start by what I am looking for in that:

- No super gameboy boarders for games that are super gameboy enhanced
- Full screen is a must
- Run all games as if you were playing them through gameboy color so even if its foe colored its colored. 
- No glitches 

- Need to be able to exit the thing with my controller

So here is the rundown. I am most happy with SameBoy so far. It is doing an amazing job at everything EXCEPT full screen. It says it has a full screen option but Control+F is not working on my Windows 10 (Most current version of the emulator I think 12.2 ). I tried to use the -fullscreen command with LaunchBox and it just fails to load. The retroarch core seems to work fine here but that interface infuriates me to no end. 

Next we have Visual boy and man what a nightmare there to try and set up to exit along with it always choosing the wrong GameBoy type. This one to quit is control+q. I have found a way to switch that but this fails to work once a rom is started.

Then we have MGBA which if it is a super GameBoy game and I do not want the boarders..... Well boy howdy to we come across all kinds of graphical issues (specifically tried this with pokemon red and blue) where half of sprites start looking like MissingNo. Specifically when we are changing which GameBoy we are using.

I am not a fan of Retroarch. I've tried a million times to go back to it and I just feel its way way way to busy for me. 

Anyone have any suggestions or idea on this matter. If I could get that full screen to work on sameboy I would be all set but man there is just no information on google about that .Thanks in advance guys. Appreciate all your help. 

42 minutes ago, zetec-s-joe said:

use the retroarch core version of sameboy and you will have the options for full screen

Any way around having to use retroarch? It's not as friendly to me as the stand alone version. Call it stubbornness, call it stupid, call it what ever but retroarc is not my thing. There has to be a way to make it work. 

18 minutes ago, spyksaturn said:

Any way around having to use retroarch? It's not as friendly to me as the stand alone version. Call it stubbornness, call it stupid, call it what ever but retroarc is not my thing. There has to be a way to make it work. 

Just downloaded this to look, it tells you in the help menu what the combo is, it's CTRL F for fullscreen.

13 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

So I see the problem now. You can only make full screen a game is loaded, not before because I just tried it the way you did and it worked fine. So how would I write that into launchbox? I think right now its trying to make fullscreen before the game is loaded in launchbox and thats why it is crashing. Is there a way to make this happen? Also thank you you beautiful genius you! At least I am half way there now. 

2 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Try this. I just tested and it works. 

There is likely a cleaner way to write it but it works. 

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

Loop
{
	if WinExist("SameBoy v0.12.2")
	{
		WinActivate
		break
	}
}

send, ^f

Going to apologize here. Where would I put this at? I wouldn't call myself a newbie at this point but I have not messed with this much.

I'm sure there're many ways to do the same thing.  Retro808's script will work (as he confirmed) as long as the emu doesn't change versions. :) 

With SetTitleMatchMode set to "2", you could just have "SameBoy" in the parenthesis. Then you're for sure covered.

Alternate:

Process,Wait,sameboy.exe        ;wait here until 'my_program.exe' is running
Sleep,2000                      ;wait to make sure it's loaded (2 seconds. Can be changed)
WinActivate,ahk_exe sameboy.exe ;set (make sure) my_program is the active window
send, ^f                        ;Ctrl F

Again, same result.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

I'm sure there're many ways to do the same thing.  Retro808's script will work (as he confirmed) as long as the emu doesn't change versions. :) 

With SetTitleMatchMode set to "2", you could just have "SameBoy" in the parenthesis. Then you're for sure covered.

Alternate:

Process,Wait,sameboy.exe        ;wait here until 'my_program.exe' is running
Sleep,2000                      ;wait to make sure it's loaded (2 seconds. Can be changed)
WinActivate,ahk_exe sameboy.exe ;set (make sure) my_program is the active window
send, ^f                        ;Ctrl F

Again, same result.

Thanks Joe. That's what I was thinking after I posted it. A lot of your scripts helped me slowly try to understand things with AHK. I was just testing something more the lines of what you posted. The one I used above was modified off of something you helped me with in the past. 

• Like 1