LaunchBox Community Forums

10.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 10.6 beta is out now with the following two fixes:

• Fixed: Errors were sometimes occuring when using the "Switch to Desktop Mode" option from Big Box
  • Fixed: When using more than one XInput controller, the second, third, or fourth controllers were not always working

I currently don't plan on pushing out an immediate release for these. I'll be back to more poll items for the 10.6 release here soon. The second item above, which is related to controllers, may solve more issues than what are immediately apparent.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, the first 10.6 beta is out now with the following two fixes:

• Fixed: Errors were sometimes occuring when using the "Switch to Desktop Mode" option from Big Box
  • Fixed: When using more than one XInput controller, the second, third, or fourth controllers were not always working

I currently don't plan on pushing out an immediate release for these. I'll be back to more poll items for the 10.6 release here soon. The second item above, which is related to controllers, may solve more issues than what are immediately apparent.

I can confirm that for me when using two xinput controllers at the same time that the automation to pause and exit a emulator is now working while both controllers are on at the same time. Great job Jason. :) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Android16 said:

1. What about the input delay that was removed after 10.1?

2. What about the updates keep changing configs, exit keeps getting remapped to the circle button when I changed it before updating?

3. What about the delay messing up the horizontal details scrolling?

What about giving the man some time? YOUR issues are not necessarily the most important issues to be tackled. They may be to you, but this community is larger than one person. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Android16 said:

1. What about the input delay that was removed after 10.1?

2. What about the updates keep changing configs, exit keeps getting remapped to the circle button when I changed it before updating?

3. What about the delay messing up the horizontal details scrolling?

Well they dont sound like pleasantly asked questions to me, they actually sound very confrontational, as if Jason is concentrating on other issues and not the specific ones you want to see fixed personally and that isnt good enough for you.

24 minutes ago, Android16 said:

What about the input delay that was removed after 10.1?

I have this on my list to look into.

24 minutes ago, Android16 said:

Or the updates keep changing configs, exit keeps getting remapped to the circle button when I changed it before updating?

I wasn't aware that bindings were changing with updates. Did it change when you updated from 10.5 to 10.6-beta-1? That's new to me, and I haven't heard of that happening elsewhere.

26 minutes ago, Android16 said:

Or the delay messing up the horizontal details scrolling?

I also haven't heard of this elsewhere. Can you explain this issue?

3 minutes ago, Android16 said:

Okay thank you.

I was on the version before this one and I noticed my binding reverted to that on this update again. But I'll wait for one more update to see if it happens again.

for example:

<controls1:HorizontalScrollableTextBlock Name="DM_Slide" TextWrapping="Wrap" Text="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.Notes, Converter={StaticResource RemoveNewLineConverter}}"  FontSize="28" Foreground="LightGray" Height="45" ScrollSpeed="95" FontStyle="Italic"/>

this works fine. but adding the delay:

ScrollBeginDelay="13.5"

Makes it not scroll correctly anymore once the last word in the notes is onscreen.

The bindings reverting thing is definitely something I need to figure out. The code is set to populate the bindings fresh, if and only if the InputBindings.xml file doesn't exist. By chance, are you removing this file? If not, then I need to figure out why on earth that's happening.

Per the scrolling delay, I didn't understand that the issue was unrelated to controllers. I haven't looked into that one yet.

Beta 2 is out now with the following fixes:

• Fixed: LaunchBox controller automation features were not working properly in some cases with pause screens disabled

• Fixed: The new controller mapping features were slightly misleading as they allowed free users to map controller automation features, but they do not work without a premium license

• Like 4

@Jason Carr: I want to give you a big pat on the back and say thanks for all the headaches you have been going through. Also wanted to let you know, since updating to 10.6 beta-2 I have gotten multiple controllers working well, I have tested with x2-PS4 controllers with the following emulators running via LB/BB. (same great results using x2-360 wireless and MS dongle)

RA v1.7.9
Dolphin (Beta-monthly)
PPSSPP - Gold
RPCS3 - updated couple days ago
Cemu - v1.15.15b
PCSX2 v1.5 - 3302

What I have checked so far, of course is playing games, as well as:  volume +/-, pause/exit menus. Everything is running great so far except for PCSX2 not liking to exit with controller. BB is going to the exit screen, but when you select exit, it just return to the game and BB is no longer responds to the controller, you either have to ALT/TAB to BB or hit Esc on the keyboard to exit PCSX2, then BB is there and functions correctly. I know it has always been problematic in the past. Do you know of anything I can try to correct this?

I have this for the Running AutoHotkey Script:

; This section closes PCSX2 when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
    Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

I have this for the Exit AutoHotkey Script:

; PCSX2 has an ugly exit process; this cleans it up visually
Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}

Any thoughts or ideas from anyone would be appreciated..

FYI to others. I had ordered 4 Switch Pro Controllers from Amazon, they were not genuine, they would not pair to PC, just a heads up.

I still have more testing, more emulators, going to re-connect my VR stuff and 2nd monitor and see how that all goes. Will post if issues

Edited by Wanderer189
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks @Wanderer189. I don't currently have a good test environment set up for PCSX2, unfortunately, so I can't easily dive in to testing for that emulator. I know it was working previously, but it could be that an update broke it or something. Does it work properly when you press Escape?

Yes Sir, it works fine. Just the exit issue via controller. Yeah, you hit Esc on keyboard it exits right out of emulator back to BB.

Just now, dov_EL said:

No fix for Volume ?

I'm pretty sure fixing it isn't even possible at this point. It was an issue with all previous releases, and as I've already stated, it's pretty clearly a bug in Retroarch. I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it.

19 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

I'm pretty sure fixing it isn't even possible at this point. It was an issue with all previous releases, and as I've already stated, it's pretty clearly a bug in Retroarch. I don't think there's anything we can do to fix it.

But is it possible to ALSO have the volume as in previous versions of BigBox where it was not possible to select music in Game?