LaunchBox Community Forums

10.6-beta-1 Released

Jason Carr

15 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yes, that's exactly what we use. We sound those volume down and volume up keys. That's what we've always done.

the STRONGNESS is that if the volume of Windows is adjusted through the keyboard, there is no slowing down in the retroarch. At this point I suspect that the keyboard drivers use APIs different from those that microsoft documents on the site.

1 minute ago, dov_EL said:

the STRONGNESS is that if the volume of Windows is adjusted through the keyboard, there is no slowing down in the retroarch. At this point I suspect that the keyboard drivers use APIs different from those that microsoft documents on the site.

There are no keyboard drivers involved, other than the standard ones. This issue has nothing to do with the keyboard or the keyboard keys that we are sending. It has everything to do with the controllers. We already figured this out and we know exactly what's going on. Retroarch is interpreting button combinations incorrectly. Again, it has nothing to do with the keyboard.

I understood, but the fact is that if I use a keyboard that also has the volume control of Windows. If I increase or decrease the keyboard volume while I'm in GAME, I have no slowdown. Thus, keyboard manufacturers will have low-level access other than the APIs they offer to developers. Unfortunately they can no longer access this information today.

7 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

There are no keyboard drivers involved, other than the standard ones. This issue has nothing to do with the keyboard or the keyboard keys that we are sending. It has everything to do with the controllers. We already figured this out and we know exactly what's going on. Retroarch is interpreting button combinations incorrectly. Again, it has nothing to do with the keyboard.

1 minute ago, dov_EL said:

I understood, but the fact is that if I use a keyboard that also has the volume control of Windows. If I increase or decrease the keyboard volume while I'm in GAME, I have no slowdown. Thus, keyboard manufacturers will have low-level access other than the APIs they offer to developers. Unfortunately they can no longer access this information today.

That's because the issue has nothing to do with any keyboards or keys. It's a glitch with controller button combos in Retroarch.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

That's because the issue has nothing to do with any keyboards or keys. It's a glitch with controller button combos in Retroarch.

however, now that I have based the whole emulation of my bartop with retroarch and launchbox, I can adjust the volume only from a keyboard and no longer in Big Box. For this I preferred the volume which can only be adjusted from bigBox and not from InGame :(

1 hour ago, dov_EL said:

But is it possible to ALSO have the volume as in previous versions of BigBox where it was not possible to select music in Game?

Respectfully, you've been posting about your issue for a week in the release thread.  Those of us who are subscribed to this thread would like to hear about new releases and upcoming features. Instead, we're constantly being spammed nonstop with tech support posts.

How about starting your own thread in the Troubleshooting forum?

Or heaven forbid, submitting a formal bug report to either LB or the Retroarch team?

Respectfully, this thread isn't about new releases or upcoming features its about issues with the latest beta and frankly post like that are what cause drama between memebers of the community which isn't something that we like to have here so unless you are a moderator you shouldn't be trying to impose your version of forum etiquette on someone who is reporting their issue with a beta on a beta thread.

@dov_EL Let's take your issue to another thread if we need to continue discussing it. I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do from a development standpoint though.

This is indeed a beta thread, so it is definitely for beta troubleshooting and discussion, but I know that back-and-forth banter like this can be annoying to some people. Regardless, I would appreciate it if we were all a little more gentle with our words, because yes, it does cause unnecessary drama.

• 2 weeks later...

NBA Jam Tournament Edition-01.zip

Okay, so here is an image that comes up blackish-grey in LaunchBox & BigBox that came straight from the Database. Not sure why it does that, and I'm not sure why it even got accepted to the Database when it's clearly an image for the newer NBA Jam games instead of the one from the 90s on Game Gear and other Platforms. I'm sure I'm not the only one who tends to get a little annoyed when Background art has nothing to do with the actual title or has the game's logo already placed into it. I'm working hard to try when I can to give the Database some Backgrounds that actually are part of the actual title and not of the sequels or prequels. I'm sure most agree Background art with logos already in them tend to clash with the Clear Logo which results in a not so clean look and feel.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...