LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox/Big Box wont launch

tallpr24

Hi Guys,

Looking for some guidance.  New computer, windows 10 64 bit, 250 ssd hard drive , 8 gig ram.  Installed launchbox and was working for the first day or two.  Today i turn on the computer and when launch launchbox, i see splash screen, but it crashes when it gets to "launching interface". Not sure what to do or how to fix this.  I tried re installing the app from the backup folder but no change.  Im afraid to delete the launchbox folder and re install as i don't want to loose all the art work and media.  i uninstalled avast antivirus thinking it was that but it wasn't.

Any suggestions?

so i renamed the folder to launchbox1  and re installed it to the default launchbox folder, at the end of the installation it tried to launch and i get the following error

"unable to execute file: c:\users\gaming\launchbox\launchbox.exe

createprocess failed ,code 740.

the requested process operation requires elevation."

I can Confirm with good computer from 8 years ago, I can run everything to Wii U and PS3, there is nothing wrong with Launchbox unless Jason or the community has not fixed or upgrading, I keep hearing all these comments like babies, it sounds like your not following instructions or your not very good with organization, I use 2 xbox controllers and it runs smooth as butter for every system I can put on without throttle.

thanks for the quick response team.  Jason Carr, i think you are right, i just the noticed the same error when launching onedrive.  this is defenetly a windows issue.  Im going to re install windows and then re install launchbox.  will report back once its completed.  Is it still safe to re copy the launchbox folder back after i do this?  i backed it up just in case i had to re install windows.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tallpr24 said:

thanks for the quick response team.  Jason Carr, i think you are right, i just the noticed the same error when launching onedrive.  this is defenetly a windows issue.  Im going to re install windows and then re install launchbox.  will report back once its completed.  Is it still safe to re copy the launchbox folder back after i do this?  i backed it up just in case i had to re install windows.

Yes, should be. :)