LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

hi there, first, i love your work man.

thing is, i love retroarch and i wanted this in the mame/fbneo retroarch cores AND use the amazing mega bezel shader.

long story short i used ALOT of script magic to convert the .lay to .cfg files with the corret layout coordinates for each overlay.

anyways here they are anyone who knows how retroarch folders works will manage.

------------------------------

Edit: its now on launchbox, changed link

Edited by klyze_pt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, klyze_pt said:

thing is, i love retroarch and i wanted this in the mame/fbneo retroarch cores AND use the amazing mega bezel shader.

long story short i used ALOT of script magic to convert the .lay to .cfg files with the corret layout coordinates for each overlay.

pros:

- overlay for every mame/fbneo rom, horizontal/vertical games, the ones that dont have a custom overlay it will load your default vertical or horizontal.

- i found a list of the mame vertical games, so due to the nature of how mega bezel works, i had to create a individual cfg and shader for each of them with the rotate tube parameter "1" so it rotate the game properly, and will load your custom or the default vertical overloverlay.

cons:

- like i said it was a mass conversion i didnt check every single game, however i manually fixed some games with uncommon overlays.

- also had to simplify some overlays with extra features but imo they turned out fine.

- some games despite being marked as vertical, they dont need the rotate tube ="1" parameter in the shader parameter settings to work in vertical mode, so if you find one that is not correctly rotated, just set that to "0" and just save shader override for the game.

- most games work perfectly with the mega bezel shader parameter "curved screen" turned on, however some you will noticed flat is the way to go with some overlays, so set to curved to "0" and again, save shader > save game override.

- image position is calibrated ONLY for 4k resolution screens! maybe in the future ill convert to 1080p or even imbue them in the mega bezel shader itself so it will compatible with every resolution.

Anyways

most of the shader issues could be fixed if i just used a normal retroarch shader, but damn.. mega bezel is just freaking awesome its totally worth it 

Again, 4k only!!! and it was a scripted conversion, i didnt check all the games, but im preeeetty sure 99% of them work perfectly

if anything needs fixing, just give me a shout. anyways, keep the good work man, its awesome

Thanks man glad you like them. Good thing you knew how to use scripts, doing them manually would be very time consuming lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, klyze_pt said:

pros:

- overlay for every mame/fbneo rom, horizontal/vertical games, the ones that dont have a custom overlay it will load your default vertical or horizontal.

- i found a list of the mame vertical games, so due to the nature of how mega bezel works, i had to create a individual cfg and shader for each of them with the rotate tube parameter "1" so it rotate the game properly, and will load your custom or the default vertical overloverlay.

cons:

- like i said it was a mass conversion i didnt check every single game, however i manually fixed some games with uncommon overlays.

- also had to simplify some overlays with extra features but imo they turned out fine.

- some games despite being marked as vertical, they dont need the rotate tube ="1" parameter in the shader parameter settings to work in vertical mode, so if you find one that is not correctly rotated, just set that to "0" and just save shader override for the game.

- most games work perfectly with the mega bezel shader parameter "curved screen" turned on, however some you will noticed flat is the way to go with some overlays, so set to curved to "0" and again, save shader > save game override.

- image position is calibrated ONLY for 4k resolution screens! maybe in the future ill convert to 1080p or even imbue them in the mega bezel shader itself so it will compatible with every resolution.

Anyways

most of the shader issues could be fixed if i just used a normal retroarch shader, but damn.. mega bezel is just freaking awesome its totally worth it 

Again, 4k only!!! and it was a scripted conversion, i didnt check all the games, but im preeeetty sure 99% of them work perfectly

if anything needs fixing, just give me a shout. anyways, keep the good work man, its awesome

I really appreciate the work here, i really do, but i dont think that mega is the correct host for this. Their free to use accounts only allow downloads up to 5GB a day but your main file is 15.5GB so can't be downloaded, so the only people who can download these will be people who pay for a mega account just to access this file. What i would recommend is breaking it up into smaller zips and uploading it to the forums download sections here, just like the original files, that doesnt cost you or the user anything, and will be a permanent file, where as mega can be finicky sometimes. As long as @Mr. RetroLust is OK with that of course.

• Like 1