LaunchBox Community Forums

Mr. RetroLust's - Mame 4K - Lights Out - Realistic Bezels

Mr. RetroLust

Mr. Retrolust

Just to say how greatly your work is appreciated.  I personally think your "lights out" style is of all the artwork I have trawled through, my number one choice.  It doesn't detract from the gameplay yet still shows off the cab assets (where available yeah :) ) and the cropped toggle is bang on too.

I have seen variants around with a tilted screen effect for some of the Donkey Kong and Pac-Man games - is this a Mame thing or Retroarch as I am on the Mame.exe route?  And what do you think of those styles?

Mainly to say thanks though

Brent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brentg said:

Mr. Retrolust

Just to say how greatly your work is appreciated.  I personally think your "lights out" style is of all the artwork I have trawled through, my number one choice.  It doesn't detract from the gameplay yet still shows off the cab assets (where available yeah :) ) and the cropped toggle is bang on too.

I have seen variants around with a tilted screen effect for some of the Donkey Kong and Pac-Man games - is this a Mame thing or Retroarch as I am on the Mame.exe route?  And what do you think of those styles?

Mainly to say thanks though

Brent

Thank you so much for the nice compliments bro :)

I've seen tilted screens for both retroarch and mame before so it's possible for both. I personally aren't a fan because in real live when you stand in front of a cab you look downwards at an angle which in turn makes the image somewhat straight again.

• Thanks 1

I knew this day would come, you just took me back 33 years!! damn I feel old I still remember the day I played this in a cafe at a bus station best day of my life hahahaha.

Thanks buddy appreciate your hard work here ;)

Edited by goofers
  • Game On 1

11 hours ago, goofers said:

I knew this day would come, you just took me back 33 years!! damn I feel old I still remember the day I played this in a cafe at a bus station best day of my life hahahaha.

Thanks buddy appreciate your hard work here ;)

hehe..i'm waiting for the Gorf bezel myself..takes me back 39 years that one!

• Game On 2