LaunchBox Community Forums

adding box art

redlee

On 11/20/2019 at 12:23 PM, Suhrvivor said:

Right click on your game, then select Edit, a window with details and images should appear, right click where the images are and select "Add images" after adding them don't forget to right click them and change the image type to the correct one.

I don't think this applies to the Android version. Good luck trying to "right click" with your phone :)

On 11/20/2019 at 7:04 AM, neil9000 said:

Just add it to the relevant folder in Launchbox/Images/name of platform/Box-Front and name it the same as the game

I've just recently tried this using a .jpg with the exact same name as the game without any luck so far. Any suggestions, or could this be a possible bug?

16 hours ago, redlee said:

make sure its the same name as it is in rom file or elae it wont work and make aure to load it again delete the rom and impoet it again thata what i did

Thanks, I tried that but it still isn't working. @Jason Carr just wondering if this issue has come up before, or have you tried manually placing image files in with any success? I've made several attempts to add images which weren't provided during the importing process without any luck. Is it possible this is happening because the launchbox folder and the games folder are two separate drives? For instance, the launchbox folder is in the phone's root drive, while the games are in the phone's micro sd card

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

For performance reasons, the Android version doesn't automatically pick up new image files that you drop into the folders. I'll be adding game edit options very soon, but unfortunately that's not available just yet.

Okay, good to know. Was getting conflicting answers here, but it seems like a few users were just confused with the PC version while answering the original post

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

In the launchbox images folder I have nothing In there. How can I name the folders? For example I have Gameboy advance and all the gameplay screenshots for the games. How can I add them?

Is there a way to have the images on SD card and launchbox "see" and use them from that location?

Edited by Stavros7575

On 11/23/2019 at 9:38 AM, Jason Carr said:

For performance reasons, the Android version doesn't automatically pick up new image files that you drop into the folders. I'll be adding game edit options very soon, but unfortunately that's not available just yet.

That's it, that's what I've been looking for, I just want this feature on android. To be able to add my own folders with images and launchbox to pick them up. Awasome news. 

Edit* please make it for bulk edit also. 

Edited by Stavros7575