LaunchBox Community Forums

bigbox not importing new .217 mame updates

decibel001

Just now, decibel001 said:

Heya all-

For some reason Big Box is not importing  Wing Wars or Star Wars Arcade games that were just promoted to working in Mame .217.  I can find them in my roms and launch them via Mame but they are not coming up in Big Box. Imported a full Mame set twice now with no luck.

That is because Launchbox hasnt been updated to use the new list yet. You will need to wait until that is updated, and i dont know when that will happen as its the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, mangotank83 said:

So I can't get wing war to work on launch box but I can get it to work on mame ver o.136 . Is there a command line parameters I need to know 

If you are using that old of a version of Mame you need to remove the line below from the default command line parameters in the edit window for Mame in LB (>Tools>Manage Emulators and edit mame).

-keyboardprovider dinput

Removing this should make it work, that line unfortunately is needed to help Pause Menu items function properly and Mame version that old cannot use that command line.

• Like 1