LaunchBox Community Forums

Marquees

midd

I’m not sure what’s going on. I wanted to add platform marquees to my 2nd screen while I’m scrolling through the different systems.  When I’m in a system the game marquees appear on my marquee screen. But for some strange reason platform marquees don’t appear.

Now it gets more crazy. I go in windows and my nvidia control panel, my 32inch display is labeled screen 2 and my marquee is labeled screen 1.  But look at my settings in Big Box!

I have no idea...I copied a platform marquee xaml file from a different theme thinking that would work, nope. I took my game marquee xaml file and changed the path to my Banner folder and saved it as the platform marquee xaml file, nope. I removed the xaml file because others said it’s not needed, still nope. My banner images are named exactly as the platform is named. Some are .png files, others are jpeg files.

7860A833-D9B7-411A-A5F9-77A38AC441F1.jpeg

37A766D4-3EC3-40C5-88C6-574E4EE7BA3D.jpeg

2969CDC4-387F-43E4-9F47-895D21898045.jpeg

B188AC6E-8D48-435F-A6C7-92DB7A844A3E.jpeg

Edited by midd

What happens if you flip those monitor setting in BigBox?

The marquee should show. Jason built BigBox to have a default marquee without the need for theme creators to make a specific xaml to show marquees. I know we discussed that in the Colorful thread. It is rather odd that it will show the game just fine but not the platform. Is that marquee one of those cut monitors you can find on eBay and other sites?

Where are you storing your marquee images?

I don't see any setting in LB to set image priority for marquees, but mine started working with them in LB -> Images -> Platforms -> Platform Name -> Banner 

Change Platform Name to the platform, ex Arcade, Nintendo 64, ...

Edited by Headrush69

8 hours ago, Headrush69 said:

Where are you storing your marquee images?

I don't see any setting in LB to set image priority for marquees, but mine started working with them in LB -> Images -> Platforms -> Platform Name -> Banner 

Change Platform Name to the platform, ex Arcade, Nintendo 64, ...

He has his images in the correct folders and named correctly. He initially brought this up in one of the BigBox theme threads and I had him start a troubleshooting post for it.

@midd Does this same thing happen in other theme? The theme should not make a difference, but might as well rule it out.

23 minutes ago, midd said:

It must be something with the Colorful theme, because it's not working.  Neon doesn't have a xaml file and it works. 

Have you tried (after copying over a working platformmarquee xaml) to go to big box settings and at image cache refresh all images? Another thing could be that colorful is overwriting by preset xaml files for certain platforms, deleting those could fix it if there are any.

3 hours ago, midd said:

Just checked the few that I have installed, Neon,Critical Zone and City Hunter themes all show the platform marquee. 

Something is definitely up because as I mentioned in the Colroful thread you do not need either of the marquee xaml files for this to work. I tested colorful on a few of my builds and it shows the marquee.

Can you do me a favor and test this xml?

PlatformMarqueeView.xaml

10 minutes ago, midd said:

Still nothing. Refreshed the image cache, changed the verticalalignment to "Top" (like I had to for my gamemarquee xaml so it would fit my marquee display.  Refreshed the image cache, rebooted...no change.

Dang. Strange it only affects platform marquees. I just cannot see how the theme would affect it. Theme's, as far as I know, will not affect the marquee unless they have a specific view for it. If you change the screen order in BigBox what happens?

Although I will admit I do have something strange myself with his theme. My main cabinet will not change the platform colors as he designed it. All others will. I know he has a lot of things going on in that theme, but I cannot for the life of me see why only this cabinet will not show the different platform colors.

Hey @midd sorry about the problems you are having. @Retro808 reached out to me about this issue. I know most (if not all) of this Retro walked you through but just want to confirm. Could you answer the following for me? Would help potentially narrow down what is happening.

1. Is platform marquee's the only one you can't get displayed? Do game marquee's display at all?
2. Is this occurring for all themes or just one?
3. Do you have an image in \\Launchbox\Images\Platforms\XXX\Bannner\ where XXX is the platform name in question?
4. Do you have an image in \\Launchbox\Themes\XXX\Images\Platforms\Banner where XXX is the theme you are using?

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Hey @midd sorry about the problems you are having. @Retro808 reached out to me about this issue. I know most (if not all) of this Retro walked you through but just want to confirm. Could you answer the following for me? Would help potentially narrow down what is happening.

1. Is platform marquee's the only one you can't get displayed? Do game marquee's display at all?              game marquees work fine
2. Is this occurring for all themes or just one?           just colorful
3. Do you have an image in \\Launchbox\Images\Platforms\XXX\Bannner\ where XXX is the platform name in question?     yes
4. Do you have an image in \\Launchbox\Themes\XXX\Images\Platforms\Banner where XXX is the theme you are using?         No. None of the other themes have them here as well. I tried a Nintendo 64.png as a test in this folder. Didn't work