LaunchBox Community Forums

Watara Supervison Wataroo help

justins920

I have like 40 systems set up but can’t figure out wataroo emulator for watara supervision. The emulator opens but doesn’t open the game. Also I can’t figure out how to bring it up full screen. Is there a command line or something in the config file I need to change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

38 minutes ago, justins920 said:

I have like 40 systems set up but can’t figure out wataroo emulator for watara supervision. The emulator opens but doesn’t open the game. Also I can’t figure out how to bring it up full screen. Is there a command line or something in the config file I need to change. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

You may not be able to unless you do some config editing. At least according to what I have seen posted. You can try Mame.

• 3 months later...

I'm struggling with this as well.  I have selected MAME as the default emulator and provided the default parameters but MAME just quits.. not sure what I'm doing wrong....  I can't seem to get it to load outside of LB either.

Edited by rodww

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip..  I have all of my roms in a network drive (my X:\ drive) on a different PC in a specific folder structure.  Can I still get this to work as long as the folder has the correct name or does it have to be in the MAME/MESS/RA folders?

If you're mounting the drive via SMB/CIFS, SSHFS or whatnot to act as a regular folder, i think it should work fine. Folder name and ROM location do not seem to matter in my setup.

Edit: I should specify that I'm using MESS standalone.

Edited by Shinji's Weed

I suspect that if the network drive is mapped on your PC you should be fine. 

It does not seem to matter what the folder structure is called as long as the last folder is named correctly.  In this case "svision".

Just for clarity I will repeat I am using the MAME core on RetroArch.  This is used for all my oddball systems & the technique is the same.  The trick is knowing what to name the folder the game roms are stored in & whether it needs a bios rom in there with them. 

Thanks this is a great help.. is there a general guide or summary of the various systems and folder naming conventions I can refer to somewhere (as in your example, using the MAME Retroarch core for the 'oddball' systems) to ensure I have them setup correctly would you know?   And I like to organize game files into sub-folders, so I assume that won't work in this case?  I'm so not a fan of dumping all roms in the same folder.. :/

Edited by rodww

• 5 months later...

This is all extremely confusing, and it would be nice if we could take 5 extra seconds each in our responses to be clear for people who are actually trying to learn. I'm not sure what it is about these sorts of threads, but nobody is clear about anything. Is this on purpose? 

If we are talking about MAME cores in Retroarch, can we be very, very clear please? I'm staring at the list right now. There are 10+ MAME cores in Retroarch, and it doesn't seem that anyone is interested in referring to them clearly. There is no "MESS" core in Retroarch. There's a "MESS 2015". Do we mean that? Does that make a difference? Does anyone know, and have they tested it, or are we just guessing? If not, which other MAME core do we mean specifically, by its specific, exact name in the core list. There is no "MAME" core. There are other options like "MAME 2003", or "HBMAME", but no "MAME" core.

I'm not able to get this system going through Retroarch either, and I have the folder named properly. I've tried booting with quite a few MAME cores with no luck. 

Edited by clockw3rk

Just now, clockw3rk said:

This is all extremely confusing, and it would be nice if we could take 5 extra seconds each in our responses to be clear for people who are actually trying to learn. I'm not sure what it is about these sorts of threads, but nobody is clear about anything. Is this on purpose? 

If we are talking about MAME cores in Retroarch, can we be very, very clear please? I'm staring at the list right now. There are 10+ MAME cored in Retroarch, and it doesn't seem that anyone is interested in referring to them clearly. There is no "MESS" core in Retroarch. There's a "MESS 2015". Do we mean that? Does that make a difference? Does anyone know, and have they tested it, or are we just guessing? If not, which other MAME core do we mean specifically, by its specific, exact name in the core list. There is also no "MAME" core. There are other options like "MAME 2003", or "HBMAME", but no "MAME" core..

I'm not able to get this system going through Retroarch either, and I have the folder named properly. I've tried booting with quite a few MAME cores with no luck. 

Mess is part of mame so either can be used. There is a core just called "mame" which is the kept up to date in line with the standalone version, it is however not currently in the downloader since the recent github attack that caused such havoc a month or two ago.