LaunchBox Community Forums

Importing multiple tracks/ cue files - PS1 - Android

Retro4Ever

I have a bunch of PS1 games that are split into tracks and come with 1 .cue file (each game has their own folder).  How do I get Launchbox to just import the .cue file?  I am using ePSXe for emulation, which when going thru the ePSXe app and load the .cue file it plays perfectly.  Yet when importing the games with Launchbox wants to import the .bin files as well for each track, which won't launch the game.  I do however notice on some games Launchbox just adds the .cue file and they work perfect, just don't know why it imports just the .cue on some but not others.

Just having a little bit of trouble getting games with multiple tracks to work.

Thanks

Edited by Retro4Ever
Edited Title

@DOS76

That's ok, thanks though.  I mean there is a LONG work around but idk if I really wanna take the time in doing it.

Clear the platform

Plug Hard Drive into PC

Only transfer the game folder with the .cue files

Plug the hard drive back into the Nvidia Shield

Start Launchbox, add games into platform which now it will only have the .cue files

Once platform is created, plug hard drive back into the PC and transfer all the .bin files over.

That's the only way I can think of.  I do notice if I do a long press on the game, it will allow me to view "Additional Versions" then I can see all the tracks and select the .cue file and the game boots right up.  Only bad thing is that it does not save my preference to always open the .cue file as a preferred selection.

• 1 year later...

looking a year later as well as i'm about to make a feature request after having my other issues as well, but I posted some info in bugula's post as well about using a program called CDHman. It converts all your disc based games with .bin/.cue/.gdi/track files all into a single .cdh file that basicly fixes this issue. Granted its a little more work on the front in but it really cleans up you main ROMs folder and makes importing to any frontend much simpler. Also i mentioned PSX2PSP for converting multi disc ps1 games into a single .pbp file in bugula's post also and i dont think EVERY ps1 emulator can use .pbp files but Duckstation can no problem and the other other issue i've ran into with the .pbp file is RetroArch does not like them for some reason but using a frontend like LB with duckstation is perfect for them! Hope this helps! I'll reference bugula's post for the CDHman link and quick instructions.

I too find it very difficult to import CD based games. While I can with just the game files somewhat easily, Launchbox sees any redbook audio tracks as their own games, creating a nightmare. All I can do is import the game with no music, or spend hours removing music tracks from the listings, where most of the time they still wont work when launched from Launchbox anyway. Addressing this issue is what I would highly suggest for the next update please.

If you have multiple track for sega cd, use Sega Cue Maker, than convert to chd.

For tracks in mp3, convert them to wav.
If you don't have .cue, use Sega Cue Maker.
You will have iso and wav with appropriate cue, so you can finish with chdman.

Edited by thewhite

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is still struggling with these issues on the latest official release of the Android version (LaunchBox for Android 0.42), please let me know what platform you're importing and what device you're using. I'd like to look into this issue and fix any remaining issues with it before the LaunchBox for Android 1.0 release.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a problem similar to this with SegaCD games. They're structured like this:

Game(NTSC)(US)\

Game(NTSC)(US)[!].cue

Game(NTSC)(US)(Track 01 of 12)[!].iso

Game(NTSC)(US)(Track 02 of 12)[!].wav

etc

If I tell it not to merge duplicates, it creates an entry for every file. If I tell it to merge duplicates, it correctly creates one entry, but if I Play it, it tries to launch a random WAV file in RetroArch. If I pick a version and select the cue file, it works.