LaunchBox Community Forums

COMMUNITY Theme Creator for BigBox - 1.0.7.1 Preview

1 minute ago, bundangdon said:

Really like the updates and fixes. The "fake rom list" feature seems pretty interesting. It sounds like you have the washing machine running in the background in this video??

Yep I did, I put the video together later than I had planned so it coincided with the laundry ?

33 minutes ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

@y2guru Will the changes to the fonts also be a fix for the problem with my theme in different languages? I was thinking, could it be something specific to the fonts I used? Seeing other themes dont have this problem as far as I can see.

the main issue I had with fonts was the publishing function did not know which font file to copy to the final theme folder and that meant the intended fonts would not show, but that doesn’t smell like a language issue, I’ll guess we’ll find out once I release this new build

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm having some problems:

1.- The star rating works only in the editor (the rating changes according to the game), but when I publish the theme and open BigBox, the star rating won't show up.
I'm using the stars images from the demo theme

2.- The "Release date" is not working, the widget is blank in the editor and in BIGBOX, only the fallback text is shown.

3.- The "Last time played" is not working either, the widget is blank in the editor and in BIGBOX, only the fallback text is shown.

¿Any idea? thanks in advance!

Edited by exodus_cl

On 4/15/2020 at 9:50 PM, exodus_cl said:

Hi! I'm having some problems:

1.- The star rating works only in the editor (the rating changes according to the game), but when I publish the theme and open BigBox, the star rating won't show up.
I'm using the stars images from the demo theme

2.- The "Release date" is not working, the widget is blank in the editor and in BIGBOX, only the fallback text is shown.

3.- The "Last time played" is not working either, the widget is blank in the editor and in BIGBOX, only the fallback text is shown.

¿Any idea? thanks in advance!

I need screenshots of all 3 ui element properties,  

click on the star rating ui element and screenshot the meta data field, image folder properties

the date fields, click on them then take a screenshot of the date format property, which I am assuming you didn’t select 

45 minutes ago, y2guru said:

I need screenshots of all 3 ui element properties,  

click on the star rating ui element and screenshot the meta data field, image folder properties

the date fields, click on them then take a screenshot of the date format property, which I am assuming you didn’t select 

Thank for your help!, 2 and 3 are working now, they needed the format to be selected (maybe consider a default format to avoid confusion?).

About the stars ratings:
I attach the SS, as you can see, it works in the editor (1st SS), but when I publish, it does not work inside BB (2nd SS), it only shows the starts when a game has no rating (3rd SS)
image.thumb.png.1229cb0238bf8707b74a96210cb2882d.pngimage.thumb.png.48798d7c9b838eae3280fbf8304a6f54.png

image.thumb.png.005479759cc386da03a46ac3067b6f71.png

19 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

Thank for your help!, 2 and 3 are working now, they needed the format to be selected (maybe consider a default format to avoid confusion?).

About the stars ratings:
I attach the SS, as you can see, it works in the editor (1st SS), but when I publish, it does not work inside BB (2nd SS), it only shows the starts when a game has no rating (3rd SS)
image.thumb.png.1229cb0238bf8707b74a96210cb2882d.pngimage.thumb.png.48798d7c9b838eae3280fbf8304a6f54.png

How about you take a screen shot of aero the acro bat 2 when you are in bigbox, you cannot compare 2 different games across 2 different applications

26 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

About the stars ratings:

Plus you may want to supply the fallback values for the stars just so that the stars will show whether a game has a rating or not.   So change the fallback folder to Star rating and fallback file name to 0.png

6F180550-3DB7-440D-A7AD-C7EDCB551FD7.thumb.png.23a9464db34c57e9974afb70568c5cc9.png

1 hour ago, y2guru said:

Plus you may want to supply the fallback values for the stars just so that the stars will show whether a game has a rating or not.   So change the fallback folder to Star rating and fallback file name to 0.png

As you can see, the rating is in the upper right part in numeric form, I forgot to mention that the screenshots had the purpose to show the numeric rating in the upper right.

No matter the fallback, the rating does not appear for games that have a rating inside BB, it only works for games that are 0,0 (check the turbografx SS in the last message)

image.thumb.png.6da2f61e7804d943cfdf89de182d62a1.pngSo, I have ratings, but only in numbers (the stars work only in the editor), I must add that I have tested this on 2 different computers, the stars rating do not work on the default theme you provided with the editor either.

capture inside BB with fallback, notice the rating is 3.2, but the stars shown are the fallback:

image.thumb.png.979f168f85143a5814c317953d0bbef8.pngOne last detail I noticed, the raiting in the editor has a "." while in BB it shows a ",", this is nothing important, but weird nontheless.

Thanks again!

Edited by exodus_cl

17 minutes ago, exodus_cl said:

As you can see, the rating is in the upper right part in numeric form, I forgot to mention that the screenshots had the purpose to show the numeric rating in the upper right.

No matter the fallback, the rating does not appear for games that have a rating inside BB, it only works for games that are 0,0 (check the turbografx SS in the last message)

image.thumb.png.6da2f61e7804d943cfdf89de182d62a1.pngSo, I have ratings, but only in numbers (the stars work only in the editor), I must add that I have tested this on 2 different computers, the stars rating do not work on the default theme you provided with the editor either.

capture inside BB with fallback, notice the rating is 3.2, but the stars shown are the fallback:

image.thumb.png.979f168f85143a5814c317953d0bbef8.pngOne last detail I noticed, the raiting in the editor has a "." while in BB it shows a ",", this is nothing important, but weird nontheless.

Thanks again!

Now that I am how and can see the images on a larger screen, you are not running in English, I see the number format has a comma and not a decimal point. Yes this is a known issue and I will be working on language/region issues tonight

18 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Now that I am how and can see the images on a larger screen, you are not running in English, I see the number format has a comma and not a decimal point. Yes this is a known issue and I will be working on language/region issues tonight

I'll be damn, that was the issue, so the comma was the key for you to figure it out LOL

I changed the language to English and BAM, the starts rating appears now inside BB ?

image.thumb.png.9b4e255aa6157bd07720e0836371c61a.png

Time to continue with the design then, thanks for this amazing work man!!! you made BigBox 10 times better!

Edited by exodus_cl

26 minutes ago, y2guru said:

Yep... language/regional numeric settings currently screws up the output , fingers crossed this will be all fixed tonight and ready for a new build tomorrow

Perfect, thanks again!

Being nitpicky here now... is there anything you (or us) can do to adjust the selection bar for it to be more centered? now it's longer to the left and on the right there's no white outline so it looks unbalanced.

this is on TextGamesViewimage.thumb.png.0fe621bdea17b849581442773bbc393a.png

Edited by exodus_cl

10 hours ago, exodus_cl said:

Perfect, thanks again!

Being nitpicky here now... is there anything you (or us) can do to adjust the selection bar for it to be more centered? now it's longer to the left and on the right there's no white outline so it looks unbalanced.

this is on TextGamesViewimage.thumb.png.0fe621bdea17b849581442773bbc393a.png

all your issues should be fixed with 1.0.7.3, out on the forum