LaunchBox Community Forums

cannot run PS1 EU games

xenotoca

hmm not sure why it would launch in retroarch, but not via LB... assuming you've correctly extracted the .bin and actually linked the file in LB to the .bin file instead of the .zip.  However, as neil9000 mentioned, you seem to have an unusual format as normally PS1 games are in bin/cue, and you're missing the cue file for that rom.  A cue file is a text file that tells emulators how what kind of .bin file is associated, and how to open it.

Maybe check out an older ETAPrime video below where he walks through how to create a .cue file from scratch:

Once you do have a .cue file, link LB to that file instead of the .bin, and hopefully it will launch correctly now.

Edited by CDBlue

I looked in all three of the different .zips (discs) and all of them say bin and don't have a cue.  The game is working right now, I would just like to be able to use BigBox without getting out of it and going to RA when I get my cabinet put together.  Also, I want to take the time to say thank you all for your help with this.  This community has proven to be very patient and helpful with someone who doen't know what they're doing like me.  So thank you for all y'all have done!

In RetroArch it says ReArmed, but but when right-clicking the title of the game in LB, and selecting launch with...Retroarch...mednafenpsx.libretro...  Are those conflicting?  I can't find mednafenpsx on my hardrive.  RA's core said ReArmed, but when it says launch with...it says mednafenpsx (whatever that is, it says ",,," so there could be more. ?

image.thumb.png.6d3a1a6ee4d62555a508743f60a645d1.png

19 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Why are you using a commandline for that game? As long as you added Playstation as a associated platform for Retroarch in Tools/manage emulators/retoarch and specified the correct core you dont need a commandline for individual games. Also that command is wrong anyway so wont work, remove it.

lol, I asked you yesterday if you specified the correct core.