LaunchBox Community Forums

cannot run PS1 EU games

xenotoca

My guess at this point is likely the psx_hw core might not be able to load the bin file and needs to be loaded via the cue file (like we mentioned earlier).  Try following the video I linked above and manually create a cue file for that one game, then edit the game in LB to point to the cue file (leave the core in LB's emulator settings to psx_hw).  LB will tell retroarch to use that core, no matter what... and that's why it's not working right now via LB I suppose.

Yeah I just tested by trying to load a .bin file directly in retroarch while having the beetle_psx_hw core loaded, and it would not allow me to do so.  So, unfortunately at this point I think you have 3 choices.

1 - Create .cue files for the games that you have that are missing those, and the edit the games in LB to point to those cue files (and use the beetle_psx_hw) core

2 - Download a newer rom file for those games that come with the correct files needed (bin/cue or iso will work)

3 - continue to use the rearmed core you were using (remember to edit the emulator/retroarch settings in LB again to use that core instead)

• 1 month later...

hi guys.

I downloaded a rom set of ps1 games .7z format. I have extracted the bin and cue file from it. ( just some games ) for test. 

Im using retroarch psx armoured core and no luck loading any of the content in LB or retroarch could this be a bad set of games?

Or have I missed something?? 

Cheers

ok recap since I posted. I got some games work. 

I found out some of the games have      (.bin,ecm) extension together don't work.

Example abes odyssey has 2 files xxx.cue   xxx.bin.ecm

so when u direct LB to the file it imports both files as 2 games. but non work. even individually in retroarch.

The ps1 roms I downloaded some where .rar some where .7z so I cant tell which one has the bin.ecm extension that dosnt work until I extract it..

PS some games have both file extensions that retroarch can use eg xx.chd xx.img.

some games have both these extensions, so how does LB know which one to Import?

Cheers.

wow that's crazy man.

Cheers for that info Lordmonkus.

You reckon ditch those roms and find new ones? Or is it common to go through that effort for ecm decompression for ps1?

Its double handiling this way. First extract the .7z. then go through all the games and decompress all the .ecm files.

2 hours ago, blackboxingcat said:

wow that's crazy man.

Cheers for that info Lordmonkus.

You reckon ditch those roms and find new ones? Or is it common to go through that effort for ecm decompression for ps1?

Its double handiling this way. First extract the .7z. then go through all the games and decompress all the .ecm files.

Thats up to you, you can use a program to unecm them if you want, but who's to say if thay are good rips or not.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gemc/

Does anyone know the exact size of ps1 library?

I have looked and their is mixed reports.1300 to 1700 for usa but I have found a library with mixed regions with over 8000? (limited download mind you) unless u pay .Doing my head in .Dont mind paying if their is more then 2000 English games as I have 1800 already.

So are they saying nearly 6500 games are non English? 

cheers.