LaunchBox Community Forums

Updated launchbox won't open

starfiretbt

Had a similar problem when I tried to update to 11.4 yesterday (2020-08-30) through the menu. Got an error pop-up during install (sorry, I didn't make a screenshot) and after that LaunchBox.exe wouldn't launch at all. Fixed it for the time being by manually reinstalling 11.3.

First time in years I got an issue updating LaunchBox. I'm on Windows 7 (x64) with these MVC++ 2015 versions:mvc2015versions.thumb.png.72cb4fc74b1e25be6c81a03164c540eb.png

40 minutes ago, shadowfire said:

Had a similar problem when I tried to update to 11.4 yesterday (2020-08-30) through the menu. Got an error pop-up during install (sorry, I didn't make a screenshot) and after that LaunchBox.exe wouldn't launch at all. Fixed it for the time being by manually reinstalling 11.3.

First time in years I got an issue updating LaunchBox. I'm on Windows 7 (x64) with these MVC++ 2015 versions:mvc2015versions.thumb.png.72cb4fc74b1e25be6c81a03164c540eb.png

I've seen glitches with Microsoft's C++ update with one other person. I sent them this link:

https://appuals.com/fix-the-feature-you-are-trying-to-use-in-on-a-network-resource-that-is-unavailable/

I believe they were able to fix the issue by running this tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old thread but just a note as I also came here searching for a solution and found this thread first.

Windows Defender may consider files within Launchbox to be a virus and quarantine them. This is what happened in my case.

I investigated and could not see why the file was being identified as a Trojan. I still have no idea why but because concerned that a ROM may have hidden the virus within LaunchBox (if that is even possible) so I rather re-installed LaunchBox.

See screenshot from Windows Defender below. Maybe someone knows what this file is for?

Screenshot 2021-08-05 170244.jpg

2 hours ago, RaiderX1212 said:

Windows Defender may consider files within Launchbox to be a virus and quarantine them. This is what happened in my case.

I don't know that much about Window's Defender as I have never had that problem with it, but I know Norton usually has a way for someone to tell it that a program is safe and to leave it alone. Sometimes anti-virus software gets a little trigger happy with non-commercial software, you may just need to have to tell it that LB is okay.