LaunchBox Community Forums

Game & Watch - gw-libretro

DeadVoivod

2 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Ok, but the question remains, what's up with the libretro core for the Windows version of RA?

Maybe since they were hacked a while ago they have not put it pack in for download. I think I saw recently even Mame is still missing. They have the other Mame versions.

4 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Does Game & Watch need something extra to run with MAME like a certain BIOS file or command line? If I run it just like this from LB I get Unknown System error. 

Have you added it to the associated platform tab for your MAME entry? It may also need a command-line to run it, but im not sure on that part.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you added it to the associated platform tab for your MAME entry? It may also need a command-line to run it, but im not sure on that part.

Yes.

Perhaps I need to try with dummy files, works for me for Philips CD-i.

Edited by DeadVoivod

As it is part of the main set I don't believe that it requires any additional command lines. MAME more see things like these and tiger electronics and those thousand in one TV devices as individual machines much like they do with the arcade games so they don't get added as a platform in the Software lists

3 minutes ago, DeadVoivod said:

Ok, I can tell you why it didn't work. I was trying only with the first game which is Ball Toss, gnw_ball.zip, and that game actually doesn't work at all, tried Parachute, that works fine. 

What version is your roms? Just tested Ball and it works fine. I am on .223 still.