LaunchBox Community Forums

Help! MameUI64 works but Launchbox doesnt?

RawrImReptar

2 minutes ago, RawrImReptar said:

Ahhh shoot i didnt know it it had to be the same...I just assumed the latest software would work with any rom

trial and error, thats what's fun about gaming too, you learn a ton of stuff that you will know forever :)

Edited by kidshoalin

18 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

trial and error, thats what's fun about gaming too, you learn a ton of stuff that you will no forever :)

Hmm i downloaded the .220 software for my .220 rom set is still getting the same error. "unknown sofware"

I even tried taking the mame.ini to the root of the folder and still no luck

50 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

copy the mame.ini from the ini folder to the root mameui folder.

42 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Also uncheck the "dont use quotes" and the "use file name only" checkboxes in your third image, those should not be there for MAME.

Iv done all of those and still getting the same error. Uknown system ?

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

53 minutes ago, kidshoalin said:

did you follow this tutorial for installing mame?

5 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

I'm always using merged sets, do you have one? If so, you should try that one. 

Yes iv tried merge so i thought spilt would work. 

I followed that video step by step. I waited like 10 hours for to download all the pictures and videos when imported. When I use mameui64 on its own i can play all the games. its only when i tried using launchbox some games work and some games give me unknown system. 

1 minute ago, RawrImReptar said:

Iv done all of those and still getting the same error. Uknown system ?

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4743.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

There is no such rom called 1943-2.zip, thats why, you are trying to load a non MAME rom there, where did you get your rom pack from? If you right click that game in Launchbox and go to edit/launching what is the path and file there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, neil9000 said:

There is no such rom called 1943-2.zip, thats why, you are trying to load a non MAME rom there, where did you get your rom pack from? If you right click that game in Launchbox and go to edit/launching what is the path and file there?

good eye neil9000, sounds like a duplicate file in his folder 

23 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hmm...I’ll have to check when I get home from work. But I believe there are duplicate files because of different regions. On mameui64 i could load the game in Japanese and etc. from watching the tutorial video,  ETA Prime imported the roms and change region from North America to World. 

5 minutes ago, RawrImReptar said:

Hmm...I’ll have to check when I get home from work. But I believe there are duplicate files because of different regions. On mameui64 i could load the game in Japanese and etc. from watching the tutorial video,  ETA Prime imported the roms and change region from North America to World. 

no mame rom should ever have a - in it, all mame roms are lowercase letters and numbers only.

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

no mame rom should ever have a - in it, all mame roms are lowercase letters and numbers only.

omg it works!!!! After literally days of me trying to figure it out that was the issue. Thank you so much. But now how do i remove all the duplicates easily? When I look in the roms folder theres so many roms with duplicate with - and #. I had to right click and edit the launching to the rom with no - and #

Edited by RawrImReptar