LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame 0.228 No-Nag

Mame 0.228 No-Nag

View File

NOTE: This does NOT interfere with the Leader boards at all.

**This removes the nag screen that informs you if a rom doesn't work correctly, or if at all, if you use this no nag, then please do NOT go to the mame support site with issues with games, please only use if you understand that there will be no help from anyone at mamedev as you are using a modified version of mame.

mame64.exe - Normal Mame with Nags removed. For Version 0.228

You are required to download the full 0.228 official pack and install it, then just overwrite the exe with the replacement, this covers any changes the mame devs may have made to the support files.

After you have done this, make sure you copy the folders artwork, ctrlr, cheat, hlsl, ini, folders and the ini files from the root of your original mame folder, and move/copy them to the new install.  

make sure in the mame.ini file you have  the following set.

Skip_gameinfo  1

• Thanks 1

THANK-YOU!! Much appreciated. By chance, do you know how to patch this to enable dinput too? I use an xbox one controller, and for fighting games, the dpad is much better in terms of accuracy over the thumbsticks (for me).

Edited by Akasha

Just now, Akasha said:

THANK-YOU!! Much appreciated. By chance, do you know how to patch this to enable dinput too? I use an xbox one controller, and for fighting games, the dpad is much better in terms of accuracy over the thumbsticks (for me).

XBOX controllers are xinput, and work out of the box in MAME.

25 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

XBOX controllers are xinput, and work out of the box in MAME.

The dpad isn't working - but the sticks do. I haven't been able to get the dpad working with any newer versions of mame for quite some time now. I also have an older version (0.161) which is dinput patched and the dpad works no problem with this patched one. 

OMG. Ok.... so I FINALLY figured out the problem. As a long-time user of MAME (about 20 years), I've been using mostly older versions that were no-nag and dinput patched. I'd gotten so used to using those versions for so many years (which automatically have dpad configured), that I completely forgot I can simply ADD the dpad controls in the tab menu! D'OH! I'm a stupid. :) 

It's working fine now - yay! Hopefully this will help anyone who might get stuck on the same issue. On another note however, I keep getting an error popup when I launch the version given here that says "Error opening translation file English". Never ever seen this before in MAME. How do I resolve this?