LaunchBox Community Forums

Hi I am requesting content upload access

rcamp48

Hi I am not sure if this is the right area to post this in , but I am using media from the Tosek library, just about every computer and console has been covered and I have all unzipped most of it to my 12 TB configuration. My problem is that box art is not available for a lot of the games or roms that are available from there. I am going to be in the process of setting up retroarch and other emulators and would like to send working configurations and new boxart as I do screenshots of the various games.

That will be  a big thing for me, a new project so to say to put everything in the right place and get everything working .... I am offering only screenshots, videos of me doing and setting up stuff plus working configurations. I am not offering roms sorry. I have worked with Launchbox and Boxbox off and on for about 3-4 years now, and I am still having problems.

As for videos I have done over 450 of them and posted them on YouTube, so I am an old hand at doing videos, I have a good screen capture pram so I can do tutorial videos showing my successes and failures, (the screen captures everything)... Later ... Russ Campbell Red Rock Video Productions.

Edited by rcamp48
Fixed Typos

I would very much like to review your setup =). I've been struggling with computer systems for some time now. In fact I've recently opened a thread here asking for people's opinions, so this would be really helpful for me. I CAN get most of them running, but there are still some unanswered questions for me.

Edited by SiriusVI

1 hour ago, seaview59 said:

With the amount of misspellings, I think this is the same person.

Hmm, I just checked my initial post and didn't find too many misspellings. I misspelled "extension" wrong. Sorry about that. I'm not an English native speaker. Also whenever I type in here, the German spell checking is applied, which means everything is underlined red which is really distracting and can lead to some errors being overlooked.

But why would you think I am the same person as the user above? They clearly have a setup that they want to share, which is something I am very interested in, because I DON'T have a working setup. 

I suggest that instead of making pointless accusations, we return to helping each other out with our hobby, which is the whole point of a forum like this. Wouldn't you agree?

Edited by SiriusVI

To be honest i read this thread when it was first posted, and re-reading it now, i still have no idea what the OP is even asking here. What do you mean by "content upload access"? if you mean uploading images to our database then that is completely open, as it is user generated and maintained, so you are free to add the images you like there.

Ya am talking photos of games , box images , I was unaware that they were totally open so my question has been answered, thanks everyone, I have a video showing importing of some roms, but its kind of long so I am unsure about posting it  but I may, it shows the process of importing romss\. My question is this: I have encountered a class of computer that has no catagory. The Acorn BBC has no category, what do I put it under? Acorn Atom or Acorn Electron? If someone knows about this then I would love to know about it.

Also I have imported all of the system bios files from the Internet Archives, do I have to do anything to run the games for each separate cataegory of games, or does the program now set things up automatically ? Anyways I have a huge collection from Tosek, and I have taken the time to extract everything in the collection to seperate folders and sub folders. I just wish that Launch Box would save the games in the same way.

I am syncing everything  to the cloud, so everything I have should be there, it least the box art should be there if not my folder structure.

The last question is for the admins, is there a way to duplicate the structure that I took so long to create in my games database, ie: the actual structure of the games folder, everything is now available online on the Internet Archives, but their structure is not too good. I could send up a list with the structure from Total Comamnder so that others can see how to set it up, it would show a list of the games but not give out the actual games. More of a list of where everything belongs.  Russ Campbell

I am in the process of printing a set of PDFs that contain a file list from Tosek, at least what I have , it will take some time, but will be worth it, this will actually preserve my file structure right down to the actual filenames and actual directories, but not include the files. Maybe useful to someone that is doing the programming in Launchbox. Russ

Edited by rcamp48
fixing typos

This is my entire list the files are separated into 3 files, each one a PDF of what is out there , note that this is an old list, (2017 I think, there is much more out there but I don't have everything that is current). Anyways too many pages to print out but to scan through it mightbe OK. We are talking 15,000 + pages of good information, file structures, folder structures , etc. Again usefull for programmers of Launchbox, (I am a programmer myself, have written many programs but thats another story).

Tosek List Sorted - Part 1.pdf

Tosek List Sorted - Part 2.pdf

Tosek List Sorted - Part 3.pdf

I hope I am not breaking any rules, this is just a file listing.

Russ

As I mentioned before, I am a video maker , so I decided to make my very first Launchbox Tutorial, how to add roms and what your copy of Launchbox should do while processing it, a video about 38 mins long , I use 2 or 3 rom sections to import the roms and import them from a different drive than what Launch Box is on, so theoretically I could share the entire Launchbox folder  (minus the licence key), the roms would not be even there as they are on a different drive plus I imported all roms without copying them to my Launchbox folder, anyways here is my YouTube video, anything you want shown in a video that has not already been covered , let me know, making videos for me is #1) fun, and #2) easy.

Russ

Edited by rcamp48
Will re-add new video, much better and not blocked.