LaunchBox Community Forums

Pulse Theme

thimolor

This is hopefully my last question! First of all, thanks for the patience. So in Pulse, the background was originally the boxart but after grabbing screenshots of the gameplay, whenever I select a game it will briefly show that screenshot of the gameplay as the background then quickly fade into the boxart as the background. Is this the theme specifically doing something or is this in Launchbox itself? I have only the background prioritizing the boxart for the background so I don't know what's happening. Thanks for any help! Hopefully I'm making sense.

1 hour ago, Rockovissi said:

This is hopefully my last question! First of all, thanks for the patience. So in Pulse, the background was originally the boxart but after grabbing screenshots of the gameplay, whenever I select a game it will briefly show that screenshot of the gameplay as the background then quickly fade into the boxart as the background. Is this the theme specifically doing something or is this in Launchbox itself? I have only the background prioritizing the boxart for the background so I don't know what's happening. Thanks for any help! Hopefully I'm making sense.

Hi there and sorry for the troubles you are having with the theme. You should watch the video preview of the theme. There you will see what assets are used in the views. The background changes from gameplay to fanart/boxart because we don't need to show the gameplay screenshot anymore when the video is playing. You can't change this behaviour through bigbox/launchbox settings. If you want to change something in the theme, please use the CTC files to modify the views.

14 minutes ago, Juketsu said:

Hi there and sorry for the troubles you are having with the theme. You should watch the video preview of the theme. There you will see what assets are used in the views. The background changes from gameplay to fanart/boxart because we don't need to show the gameplay screenshot anymore when the video is playing. You can't change this behaviour through bigbox/launchbox settings. If you want to change something in the theme, please use the CTC files to modify the views.

Cool, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi Juketsu, I am curious, I absolutely love this theme, it's gorgeous, but in the Horizontal Wheel 1, Is there a way to not have the slow animations?

I'd love to scroll to another game, and it instantly show the Screenshot, the info for the game, and the backdrop, instead I have to pick a game and sit there for 3-5 seconds for every single game before I can see the entire theme come to light.

I'd like it to be either much much faster, or almost static transitions, Is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 8:01 AM, Vitality said:

Hi Juketsu, I am curious, I absolutely love this theme, it's gorgeous, but in the Horizontal Wheel 1, Is there a way to not have the slow animations?

I'd love to scroll to another game, and it instantly show the Screenshot, the info for the game, and the backdrop, instead I have to pick a game and sit there for 3-5 seconds for every single game before I can see the entire theme come to light.

I'd like it to be either much much faster, or almost static transitions, Is this possible?

hmm. Actually I was hoping that you would do these changes yourself with the provided CTC-files. I can't please everyone, so I have to make some compromises with the theme.  I might look into this when fixing a reported bug and maybe adjust the animations a bit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Juketsu said:

Thanks for the report. I will make the update. Can't confirm when this update will happen...

Just realised I don't even use those images for the 2.0 version of Pulse. Still I fixed them. Going to update the theme soon. Did  some tweaks also for some of the views.

• Like 1