LaunchBox Community Forums

Pulse Theme

thimolor

On 10/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, Avigrace said:

Is version 2 available to download yet, can't seem to find it and looks great.

Not yet. I'm still doing changes. Trying to make the views different to each other so there would be more variation. I'm also testing this a lot more, so I don't need to make patches once I publish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Really enjoy that preview video. Got a few views in there that are definitely something I'll probably sub into use in my own set up. I enjoy the more subdued minimalistic approach to your themes quite a bit. It's been pretty cool to watch your skills grow as you get more comfortable with your tool set. If this is just the beginning it'll be cool to see where you end up. Keep up the good work!

9 hours ago, Juketsu said:

Final preview. Did some major last minute changes. Now I'm going to test this for a few days. Might publish next saturday if all goes well.

Just wow. I have always been wanting a theme that meshed together the very clean and thoughtful look of Colorful with a mature, radical look of others here. There is zero clutter here and it looks stellar. Here is a thought: have you ever considered using the game clear logo in place of the game title in text? That is something I wish Colorful did. Granted, this is easily modifiable for us users thanks to the modularity of community theme builder. But I feel that using the game logo in the place of text for the game title would evoke the feeling of the game more.

image.thumb.png.dcc285de26f5bbf34af02e1e016931de.png

image.thumb.png.0c39678ecba8f6a9cffe07796e23dc3a.png

Edited by Hifihedgehog

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Really enjoy that preview video. Got a few views in there that are definitely something I'll probably sub into use in my own set up. I enjoy the more subdued minimalistic approach to your themes quite a bit. It's been pretty cool to watch your skills grow as you get more comfortable with your tool set. If this is just the beginning it'll be cool to see where you end up. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for the kind words. I think this might actually be the ending for me once I'm finished. Might return if tools and software evolve to a point where anything is possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hifihedgehog said:

Just wow. I have always been wanting a theme that meshed together the very clean and thoughtful look of Colorful with a mature, radical look of others here. There is zero clutter here and it looks stellar. Here is a thought: have you ever considered using the game clear logo in place of the game title in text? That is something I wish Colorful did. Granted, this is easily modifiable for us users thanks to the modularity of community theme builder. But I feel that using the game logo in the place of text for the game title would evoke the feeling of the game more.

I know there is some demand for the logos. The thing with the logos is that usually a double logo is considered bad design (same logo visible on the boxart), the other problem with logos are the variations in dimensions. For example if I would replace the title with logo, it would not look balanced because the sizes vary so much. Some logos would look good and some would look too small. I could try to add the logo somewhere else, like above the video where there is plenty of room. I'll give it a shot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Juketsu said:

Might return if tools and software evolve to a point where anything is possible

Inbox is always open if you run into a hurdle with the current functionality. Can't make any promises, but would love to hear when it happens so we can be aware and hopefully address it at some point.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, Hifihedgehog said:

Now there is a view with the separate logo. Good idea. It fits in this view.

274959825_BigBoxScreenshot-Pulse-WallGamesView-2021-10-1620_49_00.thumb.jpg.ffe24cb9e2a419052f9cea5f838429a7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

15 hours ago, Rockovissi said:

How do you get the box art to show up in text view? I’m getting it as a background for each game but for other themes they show up as box art.

? I'm not sure if I understand. Box Art should be available to select for image type, if you are using the Community Theme Tool in GameTextView. If you are referring the BigBox options, they do not usually work with custom themes that are made with the Community Theme Tool like Pulse.

11 minutes ago, Juketsu said:

? I'm not sure if I understand. Box Art should be available to select for image type, if you are using the Community Theme Tool in GameTextView. If you are referring the BigBox options, they do not usually work with custom themes that are made with the Community Theme Tool like Pulse.

Oh, yes I’m sorry, I meant in Big Box with the Pulse theme. I saw some videos of Pulse where in the text view with details it was showing the box art. If I switch to another theme, the box art is there. So I didn’t know if I had to do something specific with Pulse. It seems it’s using the box art but pulling it as the background for each game. Like in the video posted above at the 2:08 mark. It looks like it’s the text view with a video (which I don’t scrape) and the box art (which I do).

Edited by Rockovissi

1 hour ago, Rockovissi said:

Oh, yes I’m sorry, I meant in Big Box with the Pulse theme. I saw some videos of Pulse where in the text view with details it was showing the box art. If I switch to another theme, the box art is there. So I didn’t know if I had to do something specific with Pulse. It seems it’s using the box art but pulling it as the background for each game. Like in the video posted above at the 2:08 mark. It looks like it’s the text view with a video (which I don’t scrape) and the box art (which I do).

It's coming in the next version. Not yet available. I'm currently testing it.

Ahh! Then that’s my problem. Sorry. It’s looking great though and I can’t wait! I was previously using another theme for the box art would disappear after a few seconds, presumably pulling from something I never scraped. But after seeing Pulse, it’s become my new favorite theme. Love it.

1 hour ago, Juketsu said:

Version 2.0 is now finished and ready to download:

Hopefully it does not have too many bugs. 

I just installed it over the Pulse folder but it's the same thing for me. The box art isn't showing up for each individual game, it only has it as the background. So it's like pulling the box art but using it as the background for each game. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's an awesome theme though. It's no big deal if the box art isn't showing, I was just wondering if I have a setting wrong or something. Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Rockovissi said:

I just installed it over the Pulse folder but it's the same thing for me. The box art isn't showing up for each individual game, it only has it as the background. So it's like pulling the box art but using it as the background for each game. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It's an awesome theme though. It's no big deal if the box art isn't showing, I was just wondering if I have a setting wrong or something. Thanks!

Can you post a screenshot of the problem or short video clip?

38 minutes ago, Rockovissi said:

Looks like the old Pulse version. Delete the whole Pulse theme folder, unzip the 2.0 and from the theme management options change theme to something else then change back to Pulse. Remember to clear image cache from options.