LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

Hi Faeran, The theme is beautiful, I wanted to ask you some things.

1) is it possible to put a specific static image (chosen by me) as a background in the choice of the platform? Instead of randomly displaying a fanart.

2) is it possible to remove always from the platform choice, that the background image becomes yellow every 5 seconds and then back to color and so on? 

3) is it possible to change the color of the grid when i'm choosing the game from yellow to white?

Thank you so much for everything you do for the community! 😁

Edited by babynebbia

7 hours ago, babynebbia said:

Hi Faeran, The theme is beautiful, I wanted to ask you some things.

1) is it possible to put a specific static image (chosen by me) as a background in the choice of the platform? Instead of randomly displaying a fanart.

2) is it possible to remove always from the platform choice, that the background image becomes yellow every 5 seconds and then back to color and so on? 

3) is it possible to change the color of the grid when i'm choosing the game from yellow to white?

Thank you so much for everything you do for the community! 😁

Hi @babynebbia. All this is possible, each one would require a different change. I can help you making the changes though.

If you can provide the static image, and tell me which game view you are wanting to change the highlight color on, I can put something together for you.

4 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @babynebbia. All this is possible, each one would require a different change. I can help you making the changes though.

If you can provide the static image, and tell me which game view you are wanting to change the highlight color on, I can put something together for you.

Hi Faeran, thanks for the reply! I am attaching the screenshots of my idea.

In console selection I would like to have a static image (which I then choose), to be put as a background that reminds me of that specific console that I select.

In screen 1 you can see that I did it by putting the image in launchbox / images / sonyplaystation / fanart - backround / sonyplaystation.jpg and so far so good! The problem arises when for each game I download the Fanarts, and instead of seeing the static image of the ps1 chosen by me, the fanart backgrounds are displayed at random, I preferred to have an static image that I decide for each console, maybe a little more obscured than as seen in the selection of consoles. Then I'd like to remove the effect of the image that turns yellow every 5 seconds and then comes back colored again from the console selection.

In screen 2 instead, as you can see, I would like to have the same image behind the games chosen by me for each console as a background. (for example the same as screen 1 to understand in the case of ps1), I would like then that the frame that surrounds the games when you select them is white instead of yellow / orange.

Finally, as you can see in screen 3 I would like to download the fanarts or screenshot gameplay for single game from launcbox, I would like them to be seen at the top, but not colored in yellow, but with the original colors of the fanart or screenshot.

If you can help me I would be very grateful, you can also explain to me for a single console, the other consoles then I can do them myself, you can also tell me if you want where and how to possibly change the code, no problem.

Thanks again for everything !!!! A hug !

1.Console Selection.jpg

2.Game Selection.jpg

3.Single Game.jpg

Edited by babynebbia

12 hours ago, faeran said:

I see. So, not a static image, but a platform specific image.

I made this edition for you, let me know if it suits your needs.

You will need to put your platform specific images into the following folder: LaunchBox\Themes\The POC - babynebbia edition\Media\Platform Images

The POC - babynebbia edition.zip 737.58 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks a lot Faeran.. :) :)
I really appreciate! Thanks is not enough ..
I'll let you know here .. :)

18 hours ago, faeran said:

I see. So, not a static image, but a platform specific image.

I made this edition for you, let me know if it suits your needs.

You will need to put your platform specific images into the following folder: LaunchBox\Themes\The POC - babynebbia edition\Media\Platform Images

The POC - babynebbia edition.zip 737.58 kB · 3 downloads

Hi Faeran,

thanks again for everything! it is exactly what I wanted! ..you gave me a Christmas present! 😁

For me it is the most beautiful theme for bigbox and with these extra it is perfect!

There is only one thing missing to be perfect .. there is no game search on the game selection screen..

Would there be any way to implement it or is it impossible? 😅

5 hours ago, babynebbia said:

Hi Faeran,

thanks again for everything! it is exactly what I wanted! ..you gave me a Christmas present! 😁

For me it is the most beautiful theme for bigbox and with these extra it is perfect!

There is only one thing missing to be perfect .. there is no game search on the game selection screen..

Would there be any way to implement it or is it impossible? 😅

Made some adjustments to the theme for you, essentially a version 1.1:

• Selected item border should now be white
  • Added alphanumeric index to the game wall view. Access it by hitting your Open Index mapping (you'll need to set a button to this in your keyboard or controller mappings).

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.1.zip

On 11/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, faeran said:

• Added alphanumeric index to the game wall view. Access it by hitting your Open Index mapping (you'll need to set a button to this in your keyboard or controller mappings).

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.1.zip 760.22 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Faeran, thanks for the reply!

So I really like the theme with these changes !!

I did a lot of rehearsals and had a lot of fun! I'll do 3 more changes if possible..

1) is it possible to remove the Clear Logo from the game selection? Because I would like to embed the gameplay screenshot, the cover image of the game .. which in my opinion looks much nicer with the game cover.

2) could the games in selection be extended to 5 instead of 4?

3) one last thing.. the image of the platform when starting bigbox arrives after a few seconds, is it possible to put it that appears immediately without any latency or fade effect?

Thank you so much for all the support you have given me so far !!

Edited by babynebbia

6 hours ago, babynebbia said:

1) is it possible to remove the Clear Logo from the game selection? Because I would like to embed the gameplay screenshot, the cover image of the game .. which in my opinion looks much nicer with the game cover.

I didn't quite understand this point. Are you asking to replace the clear logo with the front of the game box, like this?

image.thumb.png.76d5e0d06fc9db87a1cebd39bc3aed1a.png

On 11/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, faeran said:

I didn't quite understand this point. Are you asking to replace the clear logo with the front of the game box, like this?

image.thumb.png.76d5e0d06fc9db87a1cebd39bc3aed1a.png

On 11/18/2021 at 10:28 PM, faeran said:

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.1.zip 760.22 kB · 2 downloads

Sorry, I meant that for me it would be great if instead of the gameplay screen shot the game cover would appear and that's it .. like the polymega interface .. but I don't know how the result would be .. we should do some tests..

The clear logo would have to be removed from the theme once I recognize the game from the cover ..

Surely for the horizontal covers like those of the N64 there should be no problems .. I should try with the vertical / square covers .. such as for example nes, psx, etc..

Edited by babynebbia

3 hours ago, OldeManMoon said:

Love this theme but cannot get any platform images or videos to show on the main platform screen. Its just black with the system catagories.

Game views are fine

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can anyone advise, thanks.

The theme should cycle through your game background fanart. I would make sure you have some, or it will just display black in the background. It relies on a plugin to do this, so also make sure you unblocked the zip file before extracting it to your themes folder.

31 minutes ago, babynebbia said:

Sorry, I meant that for me it would be great if instead of the gameplay screen shot the game cover would appear and that's it .. like the polymega interface .. but I don't know how the result would be .. we should do some tests ..

Ah, I see. Looks like they have created a square sized artwork based on game boxart. I could put game boxart there, but you have no guarantee that the part of the box will display the clear logo or not. Some will, and some won't, unless you customize the artwork for each one of your games.

12 hours ago, faeran said:

Ah, I see. Looks like they have created a square sized artwork based on game boxart. I could put game boxart there, but you have no guarantee that the part of the box will display the clear logo or not. Some will, and some won't, unless you customize the artwork for each one of your games.

Damn, I should call the Polymega offices and ask them if they pass me their image database !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

However I found a valid alternative, or rather put the "Screenshot Game Title" as the cover instead of the "Screenshot Gameplay" and it is very similar to polymega!! Very Cool !!

Could you make me a version without "clear logo" so in the games selection rectangle?

Would it be possible to increase the rectangles in the choice of games from 4 to 5?

Anyway you have already done so much for me .. thanks Faeran !!!!!

Edited by babynebbia

4 hours ago, babynebbia said:

Damn, I should call the Polymega offices and ask them if they pass me their image database !! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

However I found a valid alternative, or rather put the "Screenshot Game Title" as the cover instead of the "Screenshot Gameplay" and it is very similar to polymega!! Very Cool !!

Could you make me a version without "clear logo" so in the games selection rectangle?

Would it be possible to increase the rectangles in the choice of games from 4 to 5?

Anyway you have already done so much for me .. thanks Faeran !!!!!

Here you go:

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.2.zip

• Thanks 1

Hi Faeran,
thanks for the changes. Now I play with it for a while !! 😄
Except that you no longer see the custom background image on the initial console choice screen!
Can you take a look ?? On the other hand, the image is correctly displayed in the background in the game selection screen ..
Thanks !!

18 minutes ago, babynebbia said:
Hi Faeran,
thanks for the changes. Now I play with it for a while !! 😄
Except that you no longer see the custom background image on the initial console choice screen!
Can you take a look ?? On the other hand, the image is correctly displayed in the background in the game selection screen ..
Thanks !!

Right. Forgot to mention that I made a change to the background image. You'll now need to place them into:

• LaunchBox\Themes\The POC - babynebbia edition\Images\Platforms\Fanart

At least, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Let me know if that doesn't work.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, faeran said:

Right. Forgot to mention that I made a change to the background image. You'll now need to place them into:

• LaunchBox\Themes\The POC - babynebbia edition\Images\Platforms\Fanart

At least, I'm pretty sure that's the case. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Super thanks !!!!

It works now everything is perfect, I play with it a little and do some tests to make it as I like best !!

I use the theme without video, I prefer it, is there a way to put an mp3 file as a musical background in all the screens (console and game selection) that plays until I start the game?

Thank you !! 😁

Edited by babynebbia

Just now, babynebbia said:

Super thanks !!!!

It works now everything is perfect, I play with it a little and do some tests to make it as I like best !!

I use the theme without video, I prefer it, is there a way to put an mp3 file as a musical background in all the screens (console and game selection) that plays until I start the game?

Thankyou !! 😁

Yes, LaunchBox has that ability. Drop your music file into:

• LaunchBox\Music\Background
  • Thanks 1