LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

A nice demonstration of the new Wall features. Thanks for making this.

I have a few questions/clarifications:

• AFAICT there is only one view on the platforms screen, correct?
  • I like the platform screen and how it fades between sepia and colored imagery. It would be cool if it could dissolve between images smoothly as you switch from platform to platform instead of swapping images abruptly, but that might be something you don't have control over I imagine.
  • On the wall with details view, the SNES box ratios are not displaying correctly; they're stretched to fit a normal disc style box (like PS2). Could the fact that I have several Super Famicom game boxes (some horizontal, some vertical) be a potential cause?
  • There's only two wall views and selecting another wall option will give me one of the wall views or something else entirely, correct?
  • I changed the screenshot view to prioritize gameplay in Desktop Launchbots->Options. It didn't change until I reloaded the entire image cache though.
  • Edit: I also noticed that on my PS2 view, where I only have two rows of games, when I move the cursor to the second row, both rows shift down and when I move the cursor to the top row, both rows shift up. I don't think that was intended behavior.
Edited by Bedwyr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bedwyr said:

On the wall with details view, the SNES box ratios are not displaying correctly; they're stretched to fit a normal disc style box (like PS2). Could the fact that I have several Super Famicom game boxes (some horizontal, some vertical) be a potential cause?

I don't think so. All of my SNES boxes are the correct size, and the ratio is off for me as well.

3 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Hi @faeran!
Congratulations for another excellent theme!
What is expected to appear on this dark background? Do I have to configure something to show an image there?

nes.png

If you look at an earlier post (scroll up), as I requested that same thing here, you can change that view to have fanart images or videos instead of the solid black background

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flickumbicus said:

I don't think so. All of my SNES boxes are the correct size, and the ratio is off for me as well.

For SNES, it uses the platform specific view files, which you can find in Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView. This just means that in order to recognize it, you must be using the standard LaunchBox naming convention for the system (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). If you have a different name for a system, you can simply change the names of the files that are in there. But do know that this view hard codes the height and width of the boxes to provide uniformity.

4 hours ago, soqueroeu said:

Hi @faeran!
Congratulations for another excellent theme!
What is expected to appear on this dark background? Do I have to configure something to show an image there?

nes.png

It's supposed to be cycling through different background fanart for the system you have selected.

7 hours ago, Bedwyr said:

A nice demonstration of the new Wall features. Thanks for making this.

I have a few questions/clarifications:

• AFAICT there is only one view on the platforms screen, correct?
  • I like the platform screen and how it fades between sepia and colored imagery. It would be cool if it could dissolve between images smoothly as you switch from platform to platform instead of swapping images abruptly, but that might be something you don't have control over I imagine.
  • On the wall with details view, the SNES box ratios are not displaying correctly; they're stretched to fit a normal disc style box (like PS2). Could the fact that I have several Super Famicom game boxes (some horizontal, some vertical) be a potential cause?
  • There's only two wall views and selecting another wall option will give me one of the wall views or something else entirely, correct?
  • I changed the screenshot view to prioritize gameplay in Desktop Launchbots->Options. It didn't change until I reloaded the entire image cache though.
  • Edit: I also noticed that on my PS2 view, where I only have two rows of games, when I move the cursor to the second row, both rows shift down and when I move the cursor to the top row, both rows shift up. I don't think that was intended behavior.

You are correct in a lot of this. You are also right that this is just a demonstration of the new features and not an actual full fledge theme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

Hi @faeran!
Thanks for your time!

I don't have an image from video in the game selected view, I just hear his audio. But honestly, I prefer not to have the video there. I liked having only the game box in that area. Is it possible to disable the audio / video completely?

You would have to go into the code and find the part relating to the video and give it a good hard press with the delete button. This can be found in the TextGamesView.xaml file. Delete all of this:

Spoiler

<!-- Selected Item Video -->
					<Grdid x:Name="SelectedItemVideo" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;365;1920}" Height="Auto" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Panel.ZIndex="55"  >

<transitions:TransitionPresenter x:Name="SelectedItemVideovideo" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}"  StretchVideo="False" IsContentVideo="True" Opacity="1.0" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" >
							<transitions:TransitionPresenter.RenderTransform>
								<TransformGroup>
									<RotateTransform Angle="0" />
									<ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
									<SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
								</TransformGroup>
							</transitions:TransitionPresenter.RenderTransform>
						</transitions:TransitionPresenter >
						<Grid.RenderTransform>
							<TransformGroup>
								<SkewTransform AngleX="0" AngleY="0"/>
								<RotateTransform Angle="0"/>
								<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;0;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;0;1080}" />
							</TransformGroup>
						</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grdid>

3 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

This project intends to set a complete theme or is already finished ?

This was only intended to be a proof of concept to show off the new wall view wheel features that came with the 11.10 update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faeran said:

For SNES, it uses the platform specific view files, which you can find in Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView. This just means that in order to recognize it, you must be using the standard LaunchBox naming convention for the system (Super Nintendo Entertainment System). If you have a different name for a system, you can simply change the names of the files that are in there. But do know that this view hard codes the height and width of the boxes to provide uniformity.

This is really cool. You took care to create the ideal measurements for each box format. Just rename these files with the exact name of your platform. It Works very well:

Screenshot_1.png

I imagine I can modify or add other formats here, right?
But, it seems that it doesn't work as expected, when we have several platforms together:

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b478f27e53443f0e000dea2d6e9ce225.png

Edited by soqueroeu

27 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

This is really cool. You took care to create the ideal measurements for each box format. Just rename these files with the exact name of your platform. It Works very well:

Screenshot_1.png

I imagine I can modify or add other formats here, right?

Yup, that's correct.

11 minutes ago, soqueroeu said:

I am really enjoying this theme.
@faeran, could you tell me where in the code should I modify to move the platform image to the space below?

Screenshot_2.png

In TextFiltersView.xaml, you'll need to look for the following and adjust the Y axis:

Spoiler

<Grid x:Name="Image2" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;365;1920}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=H;635;1080}" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Panel.ZIndex="35"  >

<TextBlock x:Name="Image2imagepath" Visibility="Collapsed">
					<TextBlock.Text>
						<MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource FileFallbackWithSearch}">
							<Binding Path="." Source=""/>
							<Binding Path="ActivePlatform.BannerImagePath"/>
							<Binding Path="." Source=".png"/>
							<Binding Path="." Source="Exact"/>
						</MultiBinding>
					</TextBlock.Text>
				</TextBlock>
				<TextBlock x:Name="Image2imgfound" Text="{Binding ElementName=Image2imagepath, Path=Text, Converter={StaticResource FileExists}}" Visibility="Collapsed"/>

<Image x:Name="Image2img"
					HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Opacity="1.0"
					RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Stretch="Uniform" StretchDirection="Both" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Source="{Binding ElementName=Image2imagepath, Path=Text}" >

<Image.RenderTransform>
						<TransformGroup>
						</TransformGroup>
					</Image.RenderTransform>
				</Image>
				<Grid.RenderTransform>
					<TransformGroup>
						<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;120;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;439;1080}" />
					</TransformGroup>
				</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grid>

You are specifically looking for the following line, and adjust the Y coordinate, which is the first number. Make it bigger until it's in a position that you like:

<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;120;1920}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;439;1080}" />

• Like 2

6 hours ago, faeran said:

Yup, that's correct.

In TextFiltersView.xaml, you'll need to look for the following and adjust the Y axis:

Reveal hidden contents

<Grid x:Name="Image2" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" Width="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=W;365;1920}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=H;635;1080}" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Panel.ZIndex="35"  >

<TextBlock x:Name="Image2imagepath" Visibility="Collapsed">
					<TextBlock.Text>
						<MultiBinding Converter="{StaticResource FileFallbackWithSearch}">
							<Binding Path="ActivePlatform.BannerImagePath"/>
							<Binding Path="." Source=".png"/>
							<Binding Path="." Source="Exact"/>
						</MultiBinding>
					</TextBlock.Text>
				</TextBlock>
				<TextBlock x:Name="Image2imgfound" Text="{Binding ElementName=Image2imagepath, Path=Text, Converter={StaticResource FileExists}}" Visibility="Collapsed"/>

<Image x:Name="Image2img"
					HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Top" Opacity="1.0"
					RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Stretch="Uniform" StretchDirection="Both" RenderOptions.BitmapScalingMode="HighQuality" Source="{Binding ElementName=Image2imagepath, Path=Text}" >

<Image.RenderTransform>
						<TransformGroup>
						</TransformGroup>
					</Image.RenderTransform>
				</Image>
				<Grid.RenderTransform>
					<TransformGroup>
					</TransformGroup>
				</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grid>

You are specifically looking for the following line, and adjust the Y coordinate, which is the first number. Make it bigger until it's in a position that you like:

Very good. I changed the value to 700+ and now it is much better for my purpose:
Thanks for your help!

But...Portrait images end up cut off by the bottom of the screen.
If I could limit the bottom area, but without limiting the space above, it would be great!
Or perhaps the solution is to recreate the images, in an identical square space. But this can make viewing of portrait images much smaller. ?

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Edited by soqueroeu
  • Like 1

Just reporting back that changing the file name and its reference from "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" to "Super Nintendo (SNES)" fixed the aspect ratio of the box art. Now I may have to look at creating new cart, box, and box back art for the several S. Famicom games I have as translated to match.

BTW: What setting is used for art sizing and/or spacing between items? I might like to add a "gutter" between the boxes just to let the view breathe a little bit.

23 minutes ago, Juzzotec said:

@faeran

I love this wall view but in 21:9 aspect the top line images are cut off... anyway to fix this? ? (screenshot attached)

poc21-9aspect.png

You would definitely have to make a special version to better utilize that screen size. I don't actually have a screen that size to use, but you could definitely make better use of the space.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Juzzotec said:

@faeran

I love this wall view but in 21:9 aspect the top line images are cut off... anyway to fix this? ? (screenshot attached)

poc21-9aspect.png

If you open the XAML file for that view and look for the FlowControl control, you will see a Orthographic camera. You should see a Position property on that camera. Increase the middle number until the boxes appear where you want them to. Given the image will need an increase of at least 1 more than likely.

• Like 1