LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

Hello Faeran!

I really like the theme with the changes you made to me .. I owe you!

I also managed to put the music in the background and it looks great there..

One thing, as you can see in the screen that I attach, would it be possible not to let anything out here? It would be perfect! 

I'd like to see only "Fanart" and "Box Front"..

Thanks! 😁

P_20211123_201457.jpg

Edited by babynebbia

31 minutes ago, babynebbia said:

Hello Faeran!

I really like the theme with the changes you made to me .. I owe you!

I also managed to put the music in the background and it looks great there..

One thing, as you can see in the screen that I attach, would it be possible not to let anything out here? It would be perfect! 

I'd like to see only "Fanart" and "Box Front"..

Thanks! 😁

P_20211123_201457.jpg

Here you go.

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.3.zip

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, flikk said:

Well, my regret as a .NET developer is that I've avoided XAML like the plague (web development), and now that aversion is catching up to me.

So I still have the issue where the top items and bottom items are cut off in the view (that isn't visible in this image, just wanted to show what the wall looks like) at 5120x1440. I *think* if I could figure out how to add more columns/rows visible, that might be able to offset it enough (at least for the wall view, and would be a boost to have more than ~15 visible at this viewpoint).

Is there a way for me to configure this at various width breakpoints within the XAML solution? Don't want to outright change it as from my testing, 2560x1440 is perfection.

5120x1440.png

5120x1440-2.png

That's an interesting issue I've never seen before. You can look into the WallGamesView.xaml code for VisibleCount="22" and raise this up to something larger. See if that helps.

Also, around the same place, you'll see a Columns and Rows property that you can play around with. Then, you'll need to probably adjust the position of the camera once you settle on a number, which can be done in this part of the code:

<OrthographicCamera Position="-0.25,0,5"

Basically, your x,y,z coordinates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2021 at 5:06 AM, babynebbia said:

Hi Faeran, would you be kind enough to re-enable in version 1.3, which is perfect, just the "clear logo" in the game choice screen?

Please, I swear I won't bother you anymore promised !! 😁

Thanks a lot again for everything !!

You are great!

Bye! 

Sorry for the delay. Here you go:

The POC - babynebbia edition - 1.4.zip

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2021 at 5:03 PM, faeran said:

Thank you so much Faeran! A super Christmas gift!

In the screen of the selected game I use the "gameplay screeenshot" as "fanart background". I like it a lot, but it only shows the top of the "game screenplay" and sometimes you don't know what game it is! is there a way to put the central part of the "game screenshot" ?? Maybe correcting the coordinates ??

In my opinion, the vision of the screen should be more beautiful and refined. Thanks as always! A greeting.

Edited by babynebbia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, B.Z.B said:

New to all this I downloaded the theme but when I applied it in big box I dont see anything different.  Is this only for certain platforms?

image.thumb.png.8bec1a01f9ae09acf268cb5e9c7c1997.png

You need to switch the view, if you were not using a wall view on your previous theme, then you wont be on one now either. Either change it in the options, or set a button to "change view" and switch it on the fly.

43 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You need to switch the view, if you were not using a wall view on your previous theme, then you wont be on one now either. Either change it in the options, or set a button to "change view" and switch it on the fly.

Got the wall and I thought I got the diff types of img files needed, wanted less games per row like I've seen in some other imgs, and no info at top now.

image.thumb.png.843f40176ca78666825a38233bc924e7.png

24 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Change views again. That is one of the Default theme views.

Looking for these two views, there's options -> views, and theme specific options and ive tried the 4 wall views I saw for POC.

image.thumb.png.cd3e08049ac74edf32780982d811e3d1.png

Edited by B.Z.B

43 minutes ago, B.Z.B said:

Looking for these two views, there's options -> views, and theme specific options and ive tried the 4 wall views I saw for POC.

Double check and make sure you placed the theme correctly. Once you downloaded the theme you need to unzip it. Then place the unzipped folder in \LaunchBox\Themes\ folder.

If you have the archiver unzip it for oyu make sure it is not buried in a second folder \LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\The POC.

It should be \LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\ and then when you open "The POC" folder you see all the theme files.

30 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Double check and make sure you placed the theme correctly. Once you downloaded the theme you need to unzip it. Then place the unzipped folder in \LaunchBox\Themes\ folder.

If you have the archiver unzip it for oyu make sure it is not buried in a second folder \LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\The POC.

It should be \LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\ and then when you open "The POC" folder you see all the theme files.

Hm swore thats what I did, I tried babynebbia's custom one and that one worked (once I restarted) but then got pretty buggy when I moved around

Should I only be applying this theme to specific views?  I might just give up on this one for now - and try a more fully fledged theme.

Edited by B.Z.B

2 hours ago, B.Z.B said:

Hm swore thats what I did, I tried babynebbia's custom one and that one worked (once I restarted) but then got pretty buggy when I moved around

Should I only be applying this theme to specific views?  I might just give up on this one for now - and try a more fully fledged theme.

The theme may not develop much more. It was a proof of concept for new features BB received. As it is it works fine.

Just need to make sure the theme folder if unzipped and filed properly, set it as your theme in BB, and then change the view in either of the ways Neil mentioned. Mapping a key/button is best since you can be inside the game list and change views real time. You can also do the same binding a key/button to change Themes.

If you chose the theme in BB and are switching views real time then it typically means the theme folder is not correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey @faeran,

Just first wanted to say that this theme you made has been my favorite BigBox theme for the past year or so. Love how you kept things organized, clean, and showcased the new wall view feature at the time of release.

I was hoping to try out these forums to ask for a bit of support on something I haven't been able to fix myself. For some reason in the game wall views for certain platforms, the aspect for the box art isn't aligned with the actual. What I mean is, for example, for platforms with 1:1 Box Art such as Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn (Japan), etc... the wall view is stretching those out into a rectangular aspect (see attached image). 

What's odd is that there are platforms that maintain the 1:1 aspect and work correctly such as the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameBoy. The platforms that are showing stretched box art for me currently are: Sony Playstation (US & JP), Sega Saturn (JP), NEC TurboGrafx, NEC TurboGrafx-CD.

Is this a default setting or did I mess something up in the theme files? For the life of me I can't find a setting or figure out a way to customize the theme doc to provide a 1:1 Box Art grid for the listed platforms. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, one other item (which is "smaller potatoes" btw...), is there a way to change the background in these game wall views to show the game's fanart across the entire backdrop instead of just the game's box art (currently showing on the left hand side)? Sometimes when the top or bottom most row of the wall view grid is highlighted, a lot of black space appears because the game's box art is justified to the left. It would be nice if there's a way to instead show the game's fanart across the whole screen area in the background to cover that (see attached image with markups.

Anyway, hopefully we as users are being too particular. I was pleasantly surprised when I found how accommodating you've been to those using your theme on this thread and thought I'd reach out. I'd be more than happy to donate to a Patreon or whatever you might be using to show my appreciation.

Thanks in advance for any input!

dreamcast-(correct-aspect).jpg

psx-(stretched-aspect).jpg

saturn-(stretched-aspect)).jpg

wall-view-background-w-comments.jpg

16 minutes ago, HarryFlowers said:

Hey @faeran,

Just first wanted to say that this theme you made has been my favorite BigBox theme for the past year or so. Love how you kept things organized, clean, and showcased the new wall view feature at the time of release.

I was hoping to try out these forums to ask for a bit of support on something I haven't been able to fix myself. For some reason in the game wall views for certain platforms, the aspect for the box art isn't aligned with the actual. What I mean is, for example, for platforms with 1:1 Box Art such as Sony Playstation, Sega Saturn (Japan), etc... the wall view is stretching those out into a rectangular aspect (see attached image). 

What's odd is that there are platforms that maintain the 1:1 aspect and work correctly such as the Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameBoy. The platforms that are showing stretched box art for me currently are: Sony Playstation (US & JP), Sega Saturn (JP), NEC TurboGrafx, NEC TurboGrafx-CD.

Is this a default setting or did I mess something up in the theme files? For the life of me I can't find a setting or figure out a way to customize the theme doc to provide a 1:1 Box Art grid for the listed platforms. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, one other item (which is "smaller potatoes" btw...), is there a way to change the background in these game wall views to show the game's fanart across the entire backdrop instead of just the game's box art (currently showing on the left hand side)? Sometimes when the top or bottom most row of the wall view grid is highlighted, a lot of black space appears because the game's box art is justified to the left. It would be nice if there's a way to instead show the game's fanart across the whole screen area in the background to cover that (see attached image with markups.

Anyway, hopefully we as users are being too particular. I was pleasantly surprised when I found how accommodating you've been to those using your theme on this thread and thought I'd reach out. I'd be more than happy to donate to a Patreon or whatever you might be using to show my appreciation.

Thanks in advance for any input!

dreamcast-(correct-aspect).jpg

psx-(stretched-aspect).jpg

saturn-(stretched-aspect)).jpg

wall-view-background-w-comments.jpg

Hi @HarryFlowers. Glad you have been enjoying the theme.

For the stretching, you'll find a bunch of platform specific game xaml files inside of the following folder: LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView

There should be one for Sony PlayStation. You might have your platform named something different. If so, rename it to whatever your platform is called. For Sega Saturn, make a copy of a platform file that has similar size as your Sega Saturn boxes. Potentially Sony PlayStation might be a good fit, so make a copy of that and give it the same name as your Sega Saturn platform. You can essentially do this for any of your platforms where you need a specific size box. As you can tell, the rectangle portrait boxes are the default.

As far as that black fade behind the boxes go. If I remember correctly, it's there to make sure that it remains clean in-between the boxes. You can remove it, but it might look a bit messy if you do. You can remove it from WallGamesView.xaml by deleting all this code:

<!-- Rectangle 1 -->
				<Grid x:Name="Rectangle1" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Visibility="Visible" Width="{Binding ElementName=Grid2container, Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Grid2container, Path=ActualHeight}" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5" Panel.ZIndex="10"  >

<Grid>
						<Rectangle x:Name="Rectangle1rect" HorizontalAlignment="Left" VerticalAlignment="Top" Fill="{StaticResource Gradient1}" Opacity="1.0" Stretch="Fill" RenderTransformOrigin=".5,.5" Width="{Binding ElementName=Rectangle1,Path=ActualWidth}" Height="{Binding ElementName=Rectangle1,Path=ActualHeight}">
							<Rectangle.RenderTransform>
								<TransformGroup>
									<RotateTransform Angle="0" />
									<ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
									<SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
								</TransformGroup>
							</Rectangle.RenderTransform>

</Rectangle>
					</Grid>
					<Grid.RenderTransform>
						<TransformGroup>
							<SkewTransform AngleX="0" AngleY="0"/>
							<RotateTransform Angle="0"/>
							<TranslateTransform X="0" Y=" 0"/>
						</TransformGroup>
					</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grid>
				<Grid.RenderTransform>
					<TransformGroup>
						<RotateTransform Angle="0" />
						<ScaleTransform ScaleX="1" ScaleY="1" />
						<SkewTransform  AngleX="0" AngleY="0" />
					</TransformGroup>
				</Grid.RenderTransform>

<Grid.Style>
					<Style TargetType="Grid" >
						<Setter Property="Width" Value="{Binding ElementName=Grid2,Path=ActualWidth}" />
						<Setter Property="Height" Value="{Binding ElementName=Grid2,Path=ActualHeight}" />
						<Style.Triggers>
							<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=Grid2, Path=Width}" Value="NaN"   >
								<Setter Property="Width" Value="Auto" />
							</DataTrigger>
							<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding ElementName=Grid2, Path=Height}" Value="NaN"   >
								<Setter Property="Height" Value="Auto" />
							</DataTrigger>
						</Style.Triggers>
					</Style>
				</Grid.Style>
			</Grid>
			<Grid.RenderTransform>
				<TransformGroup>
					<SkewTransform AngleX="0" AngleY="0"/>
					<RotateTransform Angle="0"/>
					<TranslateTransform X="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualWidth,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=X;-333.3333333333333;2560}" Y="{Binding ElementName=Canvas,Path=ActualHeight,Converter={StaticResource ScalePropertyValueD},ConverterParameter=Y;0;1440}" />
				</TransformGroup>
			</Grid.RenderTransform>

</Grid>

You'll also have to do this for every platform specific game xaml file that's inside of: LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView

I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure it should work.