LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

26 minutes ago, Procyon said:

Thanks for the reply.  I just checked the properties of the zip file.  Windows was not blocking it.  In my Plugins folder, I have three files: COMMUNITYc153.dll, COMMUNITYcontrols066.dll, and COMMUNITYlb06.dll.  The path to my Plugins folder is C:\tools\LaunchBox\Themes\The POC\Plugins, so it should be able to find those dlls, correct?

Are you able to also confirm that the dll files are unblocked? Right click them and check for the same thing in the properties. You may need to do this one plugin at a time.

2 minutes ago, faeran said:

Are you able to also confirm that the dll files are unblocked? Right click them and check for the same thing in the properties. You may need to do this one plugin at a time.

Yeah, I double checked all of those as well.  For those dlls, the "Unblock" button doesn't even appear, so I can only assume they are not blocked...?  I'm running stock Windows 10, nothing too exotic on here.  Not really having trouble with other themes.  For example, no pop ups with The Millenium.

26 minutes ago, faeran said:

I just looked here and i'm getting the error also, only on the below view though, something changed in the betas maybe?

image.thumb.png.7f794583efdcbccd38ef8ece426bcc79.png

EDIT:

however after clicking the error away the view still works.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

EDIT:

however after clicking the error away the view still works.

Precisely, BigBox continues to function, but the boxes are not properly sized according to the WallGamesView overrides.

1 minute ago, faeran said:

hmm, a possibility. @Procyon, which version of LaunchBox are you running?

Currently 11.12.  Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Procyon said:

Precisely, BigBox continues to function, but the boxes are not properly sized according to the WallGamesView overrides.

Currently 11.12.  Thanks!

Just posted version 1.3. See if that version solves the errors you were seeing.

@faeran I remembered one other issue.  The POC does not seem to observe the "Remember Last Game From Platform" setting.  Was just curious about that.  I noticed because I've been playing Super Mario Bros., and I have to navigate from A all the way down to S every time I start BigBox back up and it takes a while.  Thanks.

14 minutes ago, Procyon said:

@faeran I remembered one other issue.  The POC does not seem to observe the "Remember Last Game From Platform" setting.  Was just curious about that.  I noticed because I've been playing Super Mario Bros., and I have to navigate from A all the way down to S every time I start BigBox back up and it takes a while.  Thanks.

Yes, this isn't actually a POC thing, but a limitation of the wall view's current limitation.

It's on a long list of items to rectify ?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@faeran
I, for the life of me, can't figure out how you created your wall views with the CTC beta. Since CTC doesn't show wheel changes in real time it's an extremely arduous process to tweak a wheel, save, publish, start BB, switch views, and then finally see the result. This might make for a good YouTube tutorial! Any help in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Knowcontrol said:

@faeran
I, for the life of me, can't figure out how you created your wall views with the CTC beta. Since CTC doesn't show wheel changes in real time it's an extremely arduous process to tweak a wheel, save, publish, start BB, switch views, and then finally see the result. This might make for a good YouTube tutorial! Any help in the meantime would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The new wheel types are not actually part of CTC yet. What I did was built the theme in the CTC, then published it and edited the xaml files to include the new wall wheel functionality.

• Game On 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Oswaldo said:

Hi, 

I would like to remove the empty space on this WallView, I tried to replace lines as mentioned on the other comment, but this did not work for me on Nintendo Switch and Dreamcast

image.thumb.png.f3c0d0c6ddb37feb1351a995a12de8bb.png

If I remember correctly, you'll want to open up the WallGamesView.xaml and change this value to a 0.

NavigationRows="1"

15 minutes ago, Oswaldo said:

Unfortunately, it did not work.

You made me curious enough to check. It's actually the opposite. To make it so that the wall view will use that space at the beginning of its list, you have to add a number to that. Every number will raise the wall view by the size of 1 row.

By default I already have in there NavigationRows="1", which will start the wall view off at the top of the page.

However, this particular view has a lot of per-theme variations, which you can find in the \\The POC\Views\WallGamesView\ folder.

In your example image, you'll need to open the Nintendo Switch.xaml file and make that number a "1". You may find out why I chose to leave it a "0", as there doesn't appear to be enough space for another row of boxes up there. It will get chopped off.

31 minutes ago, faeran said:

You made me curious enough to check. It's actually the opposite. To make it so that the wall view will use that space at the beginning of its list, you have to add a number to that. Every number will raise the wall view by the size of 1 row.

By default I already have in there NavigationRows="1", which will start the wall view off at the top of the page.

However, this particular view has a lot of per-theme variations, which you can find in the \\The POC\Views\WallGamesView\ folder.

In your example image, you'll need to open the Nintendo Switch.xaml file and make that number a "1". You may find out why I chose to leave it a "0", as there doesn't appear to be enough space for another row of boxes up there. It will get chopped off.

Thank you guys. I understand why it was set like that. Not an issue at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I've been using this theme since it came out and I really love it, but it crashes frequently for some reason when I have vlc set as my video player. Switching to wmp works, but causes the games I don't have videos for to look bad on my details screen (a screenshot will appear and immediately disappear where the video would be). Vlc lets the screenshot hang out instead of disappearing immediately, and it looks a lot better.

I'd post logs, but bigbox goes unresponsive and doesn't produce any. Is there anything I can do about this?

Edited by mavisbeacon

11 hours ago, mavisbeacon said:

Hey I've been using this theme since it came out and I really love it, but it crashes frequently for some reason when I have vlc set as my video player. Switching to wmp works, but causes the games I don't have videos for to look bad on my details screen (a screenshot will appear and immediately disappear where the video would be). Vlc lets the screenshot hang out instead of disappearing immediately, and it looks a lot better.

I'd post logs, but bigbox goes unresponsive and doesn't produce any. Is there anything I can do about this?

Hi @mavisbeacon. First, thanks for teaching me typing.

I've tried to reproduce the issue you've been having but have been unable to. Whether I'm using VLC or WMP, the theme seems to act normally on my system. Definitely wondering what's happening with your system.

I did do a fresh publish of the theme out of the COMMUNITY Theme Creator and posted it just now, just in case it may have some fixes since the last time I did that. I doubt it will fix your issue, but worth a shot.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi @mavisbeacon. First, thanks for teaching me typing.

I've tried to reproduce the issue you've been having but have been unable to. Whether I'm using VLC or WMP, the theme seems to act normally on my system. Definitely wondering what's happening with your system.

I did do a fresh publish of the theme out of the COMMUNITY Theme Creator and posted it just now, just in case it may have some fixes since the last time I did that. I doubt it will fix your issue, but worth a shot.

Thanks a lot for the response!

Unfortunately, downloading the newest update did not work.

I've attached a video of what happens.

It also only seems to happen with my webm videos, and not 100% of the time. 

Could it be something with my installation of VLC? I just tried updating it, but that didn't seem to help.

I use AEON MQ7 sometimes, and that doesn't crash when I have VLC selected, seems like it's just this theme.

Edited by mavisbeacon
added info
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, mavisbeacon said:

Thanks a lot for the response!

Unfortunately, downloading the newest update did not work.

I've attached a video of what happens.

It also only seems to happen with my webm videos, and not 100% of the time. 

Could it be something with my installation of VLC? I just tried updating it, but that didn't seem to help.

I use AEON MQ7 sometimes, and that doesn't crash when I have VLC selected, seems like it's just this theme.

I see. It's quite possible it's a webm videos compatibility issue with the new flowvideo control, although I don't have any videos to test with. LaunchBox has it's own bundled VLC player, and therefore it doesn't use any VLC players you have installed on your computer. So, that would be why updating your VLC player wouldn't have worked.