LaunchBox Community Forums

The POC - A Nice View of the New Walls

faeran

On 4/6/2021 at 9:58 PM, adu said:

Got this error as soon as I launched your theme.

Fresh install, just import one system (Sega Genesis). Default Theme and Critical Zone work fine

Capture.PNG

Try again after uninstall, fresh install again, just import 10 SNES games emulated with RetroArch, and same error pop when I switch to "The POC" theme :(

Any ideas @faeran ? Your theme doesn't like frenchies like me ? :)

1 minute ago, adu said:

Try again after uninstall, fresh install again, just import 10 SNES games emulated with RetroArch, and same error pop when I switch to "The POC" theme :(

Lol, I just switch LaunchBox to English .... And it works like a charm ....Your theme is anti-french ! :D :D :D :D 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adu said:

Lol, I just switch LaunchBox to English .... And it works like a charm ....Your theme is anti-french ! :D :D :D :D 

Thanks friend, so I can confirm it. This theme seems to work in English only.

I had a similar problem, but I had Spanish instead and, in my case, all theme looked in black (although, no message errors here).

Switched to English and Theme worked perfectly.

Is there any solution to keep this working while I have BigBox in Spanish?

Edited by KaaMoS
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 1:11 PM, adu said:

This is true. I asked the theme and it didn't really seem to want to work with other languages.

However, after some considerable talking to, I think it has now agreed to work with other languages. You'll just need to download the new version.

Try it out, let me know if it is indeed cooperating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

legit bought Launchbox having not even used it due to this theme as the box art wall screenshot was in one of the emails they send out and it is absurdly close to what I'm after. Unfortunately, PC side finding box art that works for 100% of things (since a lot of developers still tailor for the Steam horizontal banner it seems) seems like a no go so went with the other theme with the logo + video tiles. Great work all around on the views.

One question, I don't know if this is just an issue on the ultrawide side (3440x1440), but the first and last rows in the logo + video view are split almost in half (top row see bottom half, bottom row see top half). Is there a setting I can tinker with to adjust this so that every row is fully viewable when on screen? Attaching screenshots of just entering the Windows side of the game list with no scrolling and then scrolling to the bottom row.

cutoff.png

cutoff2.png

Edited by flikk

On 4/24/2021 at 2:08 PM, flikk said:

legit bought Launchbox having not even used it due to this theme as the box art wall screenshot was in one of the emails they send out and it is absurdly close to what I'm after. Unfortunately, PC side finding box art that works for 100% of things (since a lot of developers still tailor for the Steam horizontal banner it seems) seems like a no go so went with the other theme with the logo + video tiles. Great work all around on the views.

One question, I don't know if this is just an issue on the ultrawide side (3440x1440), but the first and last rows in the logo + video view are split almost in half (top row see bottom half, bottom row see top half). Is there a setting I can tinker with to adjust this so that every row is fully viewable when on screen? Attaching screenshots of just entering the Windows side of the game list with no scrolling and then scrolling to the bottom row.

cutoff.png

cutoff2.png

SteamGridDB is a good source of 600x900 images for PC games, What I use in my set up to fill holes and haven't ran into too many issues with themes not being able to use them. In regard to your positioning, are you on 11.11? If not please upgrade to that and its should fix what you are seeing.

• Like 1

I'll have to check out SteamGridDB, thanks a bunch. Yep, I'm on 11.11. Couldn't see the about option at first so went for check for updates, up to date, went into the same context menu and was able to see it and 11.11 is what I'm on. I think it may just be an ultrawide thing (display content tends to be a problem in a lot areas; Windows Store being one), but didn't know if there was a way to tweak the lower/upper bounds or something to get it to be fully in view.

3 minutes ago, flikk said:

I'll have to check out SteamGridDB, thanks a bunch. Yep, I'm on 11.11. Couldn't see the about option at first so went for check for updates, up to date, went into the same context menu and was able to see it and 11.11 is what I'm on. I think it may just be an ultrawide thing (display content tends to be a problem in a lot areas; Windows Store being one), but didn't know if there was a way to tweak the lower/upper bounds or something to get it to be fully in view.

Can mess with the Width property on the Orthographic Camera of the Flow Control, should do what you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2021 at 7:14 PM, adu said:

Is it possible to remove the Sepia effect on the background picture before they show themself in color ? Not very fan of the effect :)

EDIT : manage to remove the sepia effect 

Care to share what you did to remove the sepia effect?? 

10 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

Tried this with Gameboy, but it stretches all the square box art to a rectangular shape. Is there any way to get it to respect the original box art dimensions?

Your game boy platform needs to be named Nintendo Game Boy for the view to take effect.

If it's not, you can go into the Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView folder and change the name of Nintendo Game Boy.xaml to whatever you have your platform called.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

hi Faeran, the platform is already called "Nintendo Game Boy". In the data/platforms folder there is Nintendo Game Boy.xml.

Ok good. So, let's establish that we are talking about the same view here. This one right?

image.thumb.png.35be240dd0d14ba9c1e0f086d010f38d.png

I can tell you how it works so that you can try and deduce what the issue is on your end (Obviously this will only work on Big Box 11.10 and greater).

By default, boxes are hard coded to a portrait rectangle. I've added a bunch of alternative view files for systems that I know have different size boxes. All of these files are located here:

• LAUNCHBOX\Themes\The POC\Views\WallGamesView\

image.thumb.png.c17510f27cae4c0baa221273d65f15cf.png

However, in order for these files to be used, the names of the file has to match the name of the platform that you added to your own LaunchBox library. You can simply change the file names to match your systems. You can even copy/paste these files for systems you may have that are not present in this folder.

It sounds like you checked and was able to determine the name of your Nintendo Game Boy platform.

See if you can solve your issue based on the above info. if you can't, come back to this thread with some screenshots and some more info, and we can continue to figure out what the issue may be.

@faeran Are you able to test marquee images?

I recently noticed that platform level marquee images do not show with this theme. Game level marquee images show fine. All other themes, even the prior themes you have made have no issues showing platform level marquee images. Even if I use a PlatformMarqueeView.xaml or remove it so BB shows the platform image by default nothing will show when I am on the platform list. Go into a platform's list of games and all the individual game marquees do show. I have tested on several cabinets.

10 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

@faeran Are you able to test marquee images?

I recently noticed that platform level marquee images do not show with this theme. Game level marquee images show fine. All other themes, even the prior themes you have made have no issues showing platform level marquee images. Even if I use a PlatformMarqueeView.xaml or remove it so BB shows the platform image by default nothing will show when I am on the platform list. Go into a platform's list of games and all the individual game marquees do show. I have tested on several cabinets.

I have this feeling it's not this theme but the particular platform view that this theme uses.

Check the default theme whether the marquee shows up with the text list filters view. That should confirm my suspicions.