LaunchBox Community Forums

Cannot Import Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (Steam)

Atari_Elite

I am unable to import Mass Effect: Legendary Edition from Steam. This is the only game in my entire 500ish Steam library or my complete 3000ish Launchbox library to give me an issue. I attached a screenshot, but the error seems to be related to an age verification that won't pass. I'll put in the text here as well, in case anyone needs it.

Could not download images for Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Could not convert string to integer: 17+. Path '1328670.data.required_age', line 1, position 131.

Could not import game "": Could not convert string to integer: 17+. Path '1328670.data.required_age', line 1, position 131.

One thing to note is that sometimes the "17+" part changes to "16+". I'm not sure why this is happening, because I have other games in my library with similar or worse content (Dead by Daylight, the STALKER series, even Mass Effect Andromeda, all games I have purchased since I first ran into this problem with ME:LE). I assume they also had some sort of age verification but had no issues importing them. I don't really understand what makes this game so special. I haven't attempted it, but I suppose I could try manually adding the game, but this could happen again in the future with other games and it's really annoying. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

LaunchBox_EugaX3KZVX.png

I have that game via Steam and had no issues.  I would retry the import but deselect all media as well as deselect metadata import (LB and Steam) downloading during import. After imported into LB you can then go back and download media/metadata with manually (since only one game).   I don't think it has anything to do with verification of age as much as is there is a "plus" symbol in the path/data when LB is expecting an integer, so it is gagging. I haven't seen this error in LB prior so an odd one.  

Edited by sundogak

I had this same issue when the game was released; I just added MELE manually and directed the launcher to the shortcut created by steam... You could also link to the exe in the launcher folder. The only benefit of importing games from their respective store is a little icon beside the title. Personally, it doesn't hold much sway for me... a future update to allow manual selection of client icons would be a nice feature.

2 hours ago, SPARTAN117B1 said:

Personally, it doesn't hold much sway for me... a future update to allow manual selection of client icons would be a nice feature.

You can edit the game after import if you want. First google the game on steam and make note of its app ID in the URL, in Mass effects case its "1328670"

image.thumb.png.11d5557e152f1be10f3a4c1b186c034a.png

Then right click the game in Launchbox and go to edit, then the Launching tab and edit what is currently the path to the shortcut on your PC to "steam://rungameid/1328670". Example below, its for a different game, cyberpunk 2077, but its not the steam version this is just for demonstration, but i have added the steam launch command, and i know have the steam icon on a game that isnt in my steam platform.

image.thumb.png.f2af690cf304264af40de7d6c0cced91.png

image.thumb.png.5a1393ecedc5eb8150dcfc659b630d1b.png

As you can now see i have the steam logo on that game now.

15 hours ago, sundogak said:

I have that game via Steam and had no issues.  I would retry the import but deselect all media as well as deselect metadata import (LB and Steam) downloading during import. After imported into LB you can then go back and download media/metadata with manually (since only one game).   I don't think it has anything to do with verification of age as much as is there is a "plus" symbol in the path/data when LB is expecting an integer, so it is gagging. I haven't seen this error in LB prior so an odd one.  

So I tried that and it still refuses to go. The first line of the error goes away (referring to the images), but the second line (referring to importing the game itself) still comes up. It's not the biggest deal in the world since it's only one game, like you said, but it's very odd since I've had no issues with the rest of my library. I was hoping someone might know what is causing it and how to fix it. So strange. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

7 hours ago, SPARTAN117B1 said:

I had this same issue when the game was released; I just added MELE manually and directed the launcher to the shortcut created by steam... You could also link to the exe in the launcher folder. The only benefit of importing games from their respective store is a little icon beside the title. Personally, it doesn't hold much sway for me... a future update to allow manual selection of client icons would be a nice feature.

I guess I'll do that. It's just really weird how this only happens with this one game, but it seems this issue has everyone stumped lol.

EDIT: I actually couldn't download any media for the game after importing because the media downloader was trying to pull from Steam anyway. I got the metadata and I was able to manually import some cover art, but I can't get any of the other media. Again, not the biggest deal, but still very annoying and weird.

Edited by Atari_Elite

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Atari_Elite said:

So I tried that and it still refuses to go. The first line of the error goes away (referring to the images), but the second line (referring to importing the game itself) still comes up. It's not the biggest deal in the world since it's only one game, like you said, but it's very odd since I've had no issues with the rest of my library. I was hoping someone might know what is causing it and how to fix it. So strange. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

I guess I'll do that. It's just really weird how this only happens with this one game, but it seems this issue has everyone stumped lol.

EDIT: I actually couldn't download any media for the game after importing because the media downloader was trying to pull from Steam anyway. I got the metadata and I was able to manually import some cover art, but I can't get any of the other media. Again, not the biggest deal, but still very annoying and weird.

I have the exact same issue. I was able to import the game manually, but whenever I try to update metadata and media I get an error. if I got into edit and then try to download media, Launchbox crashes.