LaunchBox Community Forums

Every time press "OK" on edit game screen - images double

1970Novacaine

Maybe related to this, when I manually want to add some images, for example screenshots, it doesnt work anymore. I click on add image, select the screenshot and click on OK, when I check again the new image is not saved, This is since the last update. Any ideas?

Im having the exact same problem.

Press ok without doing anything images double.

I can delete all images manually and then it wont double.

The second a image is in a folder (even if manually) the second I go into to edit the game it doubles any of the images in the folders.

On 6/18/2021 at 2:56 PM, boylag said:

Im having the exact same problem.

Press ok without doing anything images double.

I can delete all images manually and then it wont double.

The second a image is in a folder (even if manually) the second I go into to edit the game it doubles any of the images in the folders.

@Boylag, 

After you determine which images to keep, instead of deleting the extra images this bug causes - you can go to: "Tools => Cleanup Media", This has been a life saver once I figured it out so I don't have to manually removed hundreds of extra images. Hope this bug gets resolved soon, it is annoying.

*Edited to add - Be careful using the "Cleanup Media" tool as it is incorrectly tagging images as not in use, when they are - and I want to keep them, and when deleted it deletes the image completely when it was in use and I wanted to use it.

Edited by 1970Novacaine
Spelling - and additional information added

@boylag @1970Novacaine Are you changing any data in the metadata tab before pressing OK? Also are you putting the images in the folder LaunchBox puts them and THEN dragging them to LaunchBox to add them (all while Edit Game is open)?

Curious what exactly is being done/changed in Edit screen when you see this happening because I'm having a hard time replicating. The more information I can get the easier it will be to replicate and track in the codebase.

I am literally just importing images through launchbox like normal.

After that I edit and look at what images I want to keep.

Press ok and when I go back to edit something else I can see that the number of images has jumped.

@C-Beats
This happens whether I change/edit any information in the "Edit Game" screen or not. If I hit ok on the "Edit Game" window, images double, if I hit cancel it works as it should. I do not know how to explain it differently, sorry.

I promise I am not trying to be a jerk.

I have attached a video showing the issue happening, perhaps it will explain better than I can.

Thanks for the video @1970Novacaine still can't replicate but it does help show exactly the issue. Now to find out why you are seeing it and I'm not. Is there anyway you could throw your \\Launchbox\Data\ folder into a zip and PM to me? Wondering if there isn't something in your settings causing the issue.

14 hours ago, 1970Novacaine said:

@Retro808

Here is the screenshot you requested. Before I read your reply, I re-installed to see if that would resolve the issues I am having, sadly it did not correct either issue.

Thank you and @C-Beats for your assistance.

Screenshot 2021-06-21 163819.png

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Thanks for the video @1970Novacaine still can't replicate but it does help show exactly the issue. Now to find out why you are seeing it and I'm not. Is there anyway you could throw your \\Launchbox\Data\ folder into a zip and PM to me? Wondering if there isn't something in your settings causing the issue.

I have just done some testing here as well, following the steps shown in the video. I can't seem to replicate this either, it doesn't matter if i hit cancel or OK, when i go back in i still have the same amount of images as i had previously. So it has to be something specific to your system, but finding what that is is the trick.

Could you turn on logging and repeat the steps in the video and provide the log?

Also could you confirm whether you have any sync software (like DropBox) running against the images folder that may be causing some issues? Could you double the images a few time and then send me a pic of the folder contents? Want to vet out what files are being created and how they are named.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Also could you confirm whether you have any sync software (like DropBox) running against the images folder that may be causing some issues? Could you double the images a few time and then send me a pic of the folder contents? Want to vet out what files are being created and how they are named.

@C-Beats I have the entire LaunchBox program and all subfolders on my in home server, but no sync software is installed. And no other changes to hardware or software for the server - or the computer accessing it either.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

I have just done some testing here as well, following the steps shown in the video. I can't seem to replicate this either, it doesn't matter if i hit cancel or OK, when i go back in i still have the same amount of images as i had previously. So it has to be something specific to your system, but finding what that is is the trick.

Could you turn on logging and repeat the steps in the video and provide the log?

@neil9000 I will try that it a few mins and attach the log file.

Just now, neil9000 said:

I'm gonna say bingo, not sure yet how or why, but.....

As in a home server that monitors the other PC's connected to it, and is pulled on mass to the local PC over the network? Do you have "two network devices" exactly accessing that at one time?