LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

3 hours ago, ZeroZorro said:

Starting empty adding ROM's was no problem, but selecting to play gives this error. Beta 6 on Nvidia Shield with updated firmware (9.*)

Any clues?

IMG_20220224_042036_983.jpg

This is a Dolphin problem, does not support scoped storage yet...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nabizzles said:

Sammy Atomiswave doesn't show up as a Platform after I add roms and download media.

Thats strange Atomiswave works fine here. I loaded it from my network storage folder , Added Atomiswave then scanned for roms and boxart and logos all working fine

Mook

13 hours ago, Mookdog said:

Thats strange Atomiswave works fine here. I loaded it from my network storage folder , Added Atomiswave then scanned for roms and boxart and logos all working fine

Mook

Same here works fine with the latest beta

On 3/3/2022 at 11:56 AM, oyehia said:

Same here works fine with the latest beta

Interesting. Perhaps I need to find a better ROMset. Also would love to have a separate section for NAOMI.

Also, for those of you that have DC games and Sega CD games... what's the best way to import those collections to Launchbox for Android?

My ROMsets might not be the best, there are a ton of tracks on some of my DC games. Redream and Reicast both import the games just fine, but LB creates a million copies of every game in my games list. And then when I try to download all missing media and videos on one of those systems, LB crashes.

16 hours ago, Nabizzles said:

Interesting. Perhaps I need to find a better ROMset. Also would love to have a separate section for NAOMI.

Also, for those of you that have DC games and Sega CD games... what's the best way to import those collections to Launchbox for Android?

My ROMsets might not be the best, there are a ton of tracks on some of my DC games. Redream and Reicast both import the games just fine, but LB creates a million copies of every game in my games list. And then when I try to download all missing media and videos on one of those systems, LB crashes.

DC games do come in .chd format or u can make your own. Do a quick google search it should find that u need

Edited by Mookdog

On 2/27/2022 at 4:54 PM, NOVASPRITE said:

Can yaba sanshiro 2 pro be added for Saturn emulators? The original yaba sanshiro is no longer available to new users.  Only those that purchased it before the update. 

I will review, but if I remember correclty, last I checked it did not properly handle launching games (it was only half developed for scoped storage).

On 3/3/2022 at 10:28 AM, ZeroZorro said:

Installing latest Development build fixed it for me....

https://nl.dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/5e595616379a694789fe749e40a27ef069f0090e/

Great to hear about Dolphin.

LaunchBox for Android 1.1-beta-8 is out now with the following:

• Full game editing is now available by long-pressing a game and selecting Edit Metadata or Edit Media

• Fixing incorrect matches to the LaunchBox Games Database is now possible by selecting the Search LaunchBox Games Database option in the Edit Metadata screen

However, there are currently some minor caveats/known issues with the game editing:

• Additional versions can't be edited yet
  • After being edited, the games lists and platforms lists don't yet update with the new data until you back out and reload them
  • Controller navigation for editing the Notes and Release Date fields needs some improvement
  • We still need an interface for selecting a particular image to download from the LaunchBox Games Database when there are multiple options available

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Great to hear about Dolphin.

Yeah, and nice that with latest beta's I am able to connect to all my ROMs on my external USB drive which is connected to my NAS. 

After setting this up I can test the differences in performance on my Nvidia Shield between this Android Launchbox or using Moonlight to connect to the PC (Launchbox/Bigbox) which uses the same ROM's in the network. 

Also controller wise (Virtualhere versus direct connect) but I'm getting off topic here....

Great job guys, looks great so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

• Full game editing is now available by long-pressing a game and selecting Edit Metadata or Edit Media

• Fixing incorrect matches to the LaunchBox Games Database is now possible by selecting the Search LaunchBox Games Database option in the Edit Metadata screen

This is amazing news! Keep it coming and you're the man, Jason!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 2:42 PM, Jason Carr said:

However, there are currently some minor caveats/known issues with the game editing:

• Additional versions can't be edited yet
  • After being edited, the games lists and platforms lists don't yet update with the new data until you back out and reload them
  • Controller navigation for editing the Notes and Release Date fields needs some improvement
  • We still need an interface for selecting a particular image to download from the LaunchBox Games Database when there are multiple options available

So i have been fiddling around with the nightly build of Dolphin (which supports scoped storage) and this build, all of my roms are compressed, so when i choose the option to extract rom before playing, some games do extract, and go back then you have to click on the rom again to play them, but others just kick me out from Launchbox, not sure if i am the only one experiencing this. I have tried 5 games so far, only 2 or 3 worked the rest just kicks me out after the extracting screen. Note that all my roms are on a network drive as mentioned in previous threads. I have tried the same roms on Launchbox for PC and they all seem to work, so it's not the roms, something to do with the extracting i guess on the Android side

Regards,

Edited by oyehia

On 3/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, oyehia said:

So i have been fiddling around with the nightly build of Dolphin (which supports scoped storage) and this build, all of my roms are compressed, so when i choose the option to extract rom before playing, some games do extract, and go back then you have to click on the rom again to play them, but others just kick me out from Launchbox, not sure if i am the only one experiencing this. I have tried 5 games so far, only 2 or 3 worked the rest just kicks me out after the extracting screen. Note that all my roms are on a network drive as mentioned in previous threads. I have tried the same roms on Launchbox for PC and they all seem to work, so it's not the roms, something to do with the extracting i guess on the Android side

Regards,

I am seeing some weird issues with Dolphin here as well. Will review. Thanks for the heads up.

21 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I am having alot of problems with Launchbox for Android booting me out the app if I move to fast on say the complete mame romset of other romsets that have alot of roms been happening the last couple of beta releases

Mook

What device are you using? Where exactly is it kicking you out? Can you share your log file?

Beta 9 is out now with fixes for all known missing pieces and remaining issues with the game metadata and media editing. The only thing we haven't added yet is a way to choose a particular image from the games database to download, if there are more than one. I'm thinking we'll probably put that off for a future release.

Thanks guys for all your help testing these betas.

• Like 1

I am seeing some weird issues with Dolphin here as well. Will review. Thanks for the heads up.

What device are you using? Where exactly is it kicking you out? Can you share your log file?

Nvidia Shield of course :)

Beta 9 is out now with fixes for all known missing pieces and remaining issues with the game metadata and media editing. The only thing we haven't added yet is a way to choose a particular image from the games database to download, if there are more than one. I'm thinking we'll probably put that off for a future release.

Thanks guys for all your help testing these betas.

Does this fix the issue i mentioned or you still need my log file?