LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Just now, UnnUndrgrnd4114 said:

I haven't downloaded any videos; I linked my EmuMovies account. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong on that end though because the credentials say I'm logged in

Videos do need a paid premium subscription to emumovies, if you are not aware.

@Jason Carr great job keep up up the good work. I am going to rain on your parade though. Sorry 😔. I have been trying to import a "full mame rom set" , mostly full, i have filtered out some games i don't want, and have noticed some odd things with the import. The set is a merged rom set which I have verifed as good. The issues i am noticing are inconsistant and  don't make sence. For example,

1. Mat Mania will not import, only its clone exciting hour does. (does not matter what region i use)

2. Mrs. Pac-Man will not import, only one of its clones will. (again does not matter what region i use)

3. Tapper will import, but rootbeer tapper (one of its clone) will not. Other clones are listed just fine

4. Jungle king will import, but jungle hunt (one of its clones) will not. Other clones are listed just fine

5. Ninja Gaiden and its clone import as seperate games instead of just one 

I have tried importing using different regions and settings, but nothing will import the set correctly . I also looked at the mame.xml file to see if anything was wrong there, but the file looks clean. Below is an example of how mat mania imports. As a last resort I did import some of the roms using launchbox for windows and noticed that they imported correctly there. 

Any suggestions  or work-arounds on how to make this work? Any one else have this issue?

Thanks

SmartSelect_20220211-153915.jpg

6 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

@Vader Will review.

LaunchBox for Android 1.0-beta-8 is out now with the same media download optimizations as just came out in the LaunchBox for Windows beta. Media should download more quickly in general.

@Jason Carr Thank you. one other thing I forgot to mention, after the export process was done and I copied the exported files to my android device my games would not load. After some research I figured out that the game path in the arcade.xml file (my games metadata file) did not change when the export package is copied to launchbox android. I therefore had to manually edit the arcade.xml metadata file to change the game paths to match the path were my roms are located on my android device. Once I did this, the games worked. Don't know if this is normal or a bug. Thanks

Edited by Vader

On 2/8/2022 at 4:31 PM, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.0-beta-6 is out now with the following:

• Fix for the selected media not always updating properly after searching

• Fix for videos potentially playing in the background and never stopping if you navigate inside a platform and back out too quickly

• Fix for videos not playing immediately after importing (requiring an app restart)

• Fixes for the issues with Nvidia's broken updates to the Nvidia Shield TV software (still requires Nvidia's latest hotfix, see here: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/481434/shield-experience-upgrade-90-hotfix-image/ )

Per the Nvidia Shield TV issues that have been plaguing folks who updated to the latest Nvidia firmware, we've confirmed that the latest hotfix from Nvidia does fix it. So that, combined with the using the latest beta, should fix the issues that people are seeing. Unfortunately, though, getting Nvidia's hotfix is somewhat convoluted. I'll be posting steps to update and fix the issue in a new thread here shortly.

Hi i am using the latest hotfix with Nvidia shield and it does not see my external storage or network drives where all the roms are, it was working fine before the Nvidia firmware...

Hi,

Its possible to add full systems support like windows version? I tried to export collections that are missing in android version, it appear in my android library but i cant run it because i dont know very well how to config custom emus in launchbox..im missing systems like GX4000, naomi, famicom disk system etc

9 hours ago, theekinghumpy said:

At this point what is the best to get my games that will not scrape to match the database names? Is renaming every game individually the best method?

What's not scraping? The videos, front box image, wheel logo, etc? Because sometimes when you download all missing media and you have all of the options selected it could overlook and miss some things and not necessarily because of the name. You would need to narrow it down by deselecting everything and only selecting 1 option from the list. You'll have a higher chance of it actually finding what's missing than if you had all of the options checked.

22 hours ago, theekinghumpy said:

At this point what is the best to get my games that will not scrape to match the database names? Is renaming every game individually the best method?

Since there's no real editing functionality in the Android app (yet, coming soon), the best option if you need to tweak stuff is just to do it in the desktop app and use the Export to Android feature.

21 hours ago, oyehia said:

Hi i am using the latest hotfix with Nvidia shield and it does not see my external storage or network drives where all the roms are, it was working fine before the Nvidia firmware...

Network drives are still broken in Nvidia's firmware. So we're waiting on an update from Nvidia for that. Per external storage, if I remember correctly there were two different ways to format external storage for the Shield. It was kind of a terrible design. It's possible that one of the two ways are still broken with their hotfix.

16 hours ago, Luis Fontes said:

Hi,

Its possible to add full systems support like windows version? I tried to export collections that are missing in android version, it appear in my android library but i cant run it because i dont know very well how to config custom emus in launchbox..im missing systems like GX4000, naomi, famicom disk system etc

If no emulator is available on Android for a platform, then it is possible to add a custom emulator, but it won't be easy. Android unfortunately makes that whole process notoriously difficult. Let me know what emulators on Android work for those platforms, and I can add them to my list of platforms/emulators to add.

I am having an issue specifically with the DS, I haven't tested this on other platforms so I don't know if they are affected. But I just tried using a DS core using RA and wanted to make it my default emulator because originally I was using Drastic and recently added a game to the list. But whenever I would go back to LB and load up DS it would always open Drastic and the new game I added wouldn't even show up anymore on my list of games. Even when I uninstalled Drastic it would still just direct me to the google play store to install it because it's acting like Drastic is still my default emulator which I no longer want it to be, so I thought maybe if I just delete the DS platform and rescrape the games it would help. But it's not even letting me delete the DS platform, all of the prompts to delete shows up but when LB loads back up, the DS is still there and when I go to it all of the games are there (except for the new one I tried adding), the only things that are missing are the wheel logo and the front box image, the videos are still there.  Could this be a glitch or something?

After doing some further testing on I notice that whenever I try to download clear wheel logo images the image wouldn't show up on the LB game list screen. But now I understand the reason for this, when I open up the LB folder manually, I see a folder called "clear logo" but I also see another one called "clear logog" so all of the clear logo images that LB downloaded would all go to the "clear logog" folder instead of the "clear logo" one(which is why I couldn't see the images). So after manually moving the images from "clear logog" to "clear logo" it works now. For some reason when downloading a clear image wheel logo it creates another folder and treats it as the primary.

7 hours ago, Raiga326 said:

After doing some further testing on I notice that whenever I try to download clear wheel logo images the image wouldn't show up on the LB game list screen. But now I understand the reason for this, when I open up the LB folder manually, I see a folder called "clear logo" but I also see another one called "clear logog" so all of the clear logo images that LB downloaded would all go to the "clear logog" folder instead of the "clear logo" one(which is why I couldn't see the images). So after manually moving the images from "clear logog" to "clear logo" it works now. For some reason when downloading a clear image wheel logo it creates another folder and treats it as the primary.

Are you using a different language than English? That's the only reason I could think of that there would be a clear logog folder created or used. But I don't think that's the case either, so I don't really know what's going on here.

Thanks, here are some systems that i would like to have in android launchbox when its possible.

Amstrad GX4000 - Retroarch - Caprice32 core

Amiga CD32 - Retroarch - PUAE core

NAOMI - Retroarch - Flycast/Reicast core

Famicom Disk System - Retroarch - Same as NES cores

Sufami and Satellaview - Retroarch - Sames as SNES cores

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

Are you using a different language than English? That's the only reason I could think of that there would be a clear logog folder created or used. But I don't think that's the case either, so I don't really know what's going on here.

No, the language I'm using is English. It's strange because it only happens with beta-8, I downgraded to beta-7 and tried to download clear logos and it worked just fine, the clear logog folder never showed up.

1 hour ago, Raiga326 said:

No, the language I'm using is English. It's strange because it only happens with beta-8, I downgraded to beta-7 and tried to download clear logos and it worked just fine, the clear logog folder never showed up.

Wow, thanks for figuring this out. Apparently somehow I mistakenly added that g to the code in beta 8. Apologies. Glad you helped us catch this before the official release.