LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

4 minutes ago, tallpr24 said:

the issue was the installation was corrupt, i uninstalled and re installe the apk and now i have the option for themes, it was completely missing from the menu section

Sounds like you were just using an outdated version then.

LaunchBox for Android 1.9-beta-1 is out today with the following:

• Fixed issues with launching the following emulators on Android 13: Skyline, M64Plus FZ, M64Plus FZ Pro

• For other emulators that still need to be updated in order to work correctly launching games on Android 13, LaunchBox will now warn the user and just launch the emulator without a game instead (instead of erroring out)

We have two big new features that are in the works, but unfortunately they're not ready yet (and one of them is waiting on outside involvement). Stay tuned.

Also, we've tested and tried to fix Snes9x EX+, DraStic, GBC.emu, and PizzaBoy, but all of them are unfortunately broken on Android 13 and there's nothing we can do to fix it that we're aware of until the emulator developers release their own updates/fixes.

• Unusual Gem 1

1 minute ago, Bawnanable said:

Thanks Jason! Everything seems to be in working order on my end. 

I am gutted about DraStic though, boy do I regret letting my apps auto-update, hahah. Is it worth notifying the developer ourselves about this problem?

Yes, it definitely wouldn't hurt. We're more than happy to work with them if we can establish contact. Feel free to give them our support@unbrokensoftware.com and we can follow up, or they can always contact us on the forums.

Hello Jason, would there be a chance you could look into the Sharp X68000 platform?

The px68k libretro core works fine on its own when launched from retroarch, however, the launchbox X68000 platform is not pre-populated with any emulator options.

Thank you

On 3/16/2023 at 12:16 PM, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.9-beta-1 is out today with the following:

• Fixed issues with launching the following emulators on Android 13: Skyline, M64Plus FZ, M64Plus FZ Pro

• For other emulators that still need to be updated in order to work correctly launching games on Android 13, LaunchBox will now warn the user and just launch the emulator without a game instead (instead of erroring out)

We have two big new features that are in the works, but unfortunately they're not ready yet (and one of them is waiting on outside involvement). Stay tuned.

Also, we've tested and tried to fix Snes9x EX+, DraStic, GBC.emu, and PizzaBoy, but all of them are unfortunately broken on Android 13 and there's nothing we can do to fix it that we're aware of until the emulator developers release their own updates/fixes.

Having some problems with Launchbox and Nintendo Switch, 3 out of 5 it will reboot Launchbox, on Nvidia Shield, i don't have this problem with Skyline, basically launch a game it loads via skyline then after a bit it will reboot launchbox

Edited by oyehia

• 4 weeks later...

I just thought I'd mention it incase it goes amiss, but both DS games via DraStic and 3DS games via Citra (all versions including Antutu) can be successfully launched directly via the latest Daijisho at the moment-- so it must be possible!

I'd love to see a fix for this if at all possible. Apologies for being a nag!

21 hours ago, Bawnanable said:

I just thought I'd mention it incase it goes amiss, but both DS games via DraStic and 3DS games via Citra (all versions including Antutu) can be successfully launched directly via the latest Daijisho at the moment-- so it must be possible!

I'd love to see a fix for this if at all possible. Apologies for being a nag!

Are you able to clarify what device you are using and which version of Android you are on?

On 3/21/2023 at 3:15 AM, jldgomes said:

Hello Jason, would there be a chance you could look into the Sharp X68000 platform?

The px68k libretro core works fine on its own when launched from retroarch, however, the launchbox X68000 platform is not pre-populated with any emulator options.

Thank you

Thanks, I'll put this on the list.

On 3/22/2023 at 7:05 PM, oyehia said:

Having some problems with Launchbox and Nintendo Switch, 3 out of 5 it will reboot Launchbox, on Nvidia Shield, i don't have this problem with Skyline, basically launch a game it loads via skyline then after a bit it will reboot launchbox

Most likely this is a RAM issue. Unfortunately the Shield devices are rather low on RAM. If Android determines that it's running out of RAM, it will kill other apps in the background. So unfortunately, other than us trying to reduce RAM usage, there's probably not a lot we can do there.

LaunchBox for Android 1.9-beta-2 is out today with the ability to sync game statistics just like the Windows beta:

• Game statistics can now be synced between your various collections in LaunchBox for Windows and/or LaunchBox for Android Favorites, Completed, Last Played, Play Time, Play Count, and Star Rating can all be synced via your LaunchBox Games Database account. To enable, select the Sync Status item in the LaunchBox for Android main menu.

Any testing would be very much appreciated, as we're hoping to release both the new Windows and Android versions next week.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, is there any intention to get a fix for both DS games via DraStic and 3DS games via Citra to launch correctly using Launchbox? I only ask as it's been quite some time and it's kind of the primary thing a launching frontend should have working correctly.

No worries though, I'm not trying to be an ass, hahah, I just don't want things to get forgotten about!

20 hours ago, Bawnanable said:

Out of curiosity, is there any intention to get a fix for both DS games via DraStic and 3DS games via Citra to launch correctly using Launchbox? I only ask as it's been quite some time and it's kind of the primary thing a launching frontend should have working correctly.

No worries though, I'm not trying to be an ass, hahah, I just don't want things to get forgotten about!

We are definitely aware of this stuff and we have plans to fix whatever is possible to fix as soon as we can. However, we are in the hiring process and we still need to fill a role for Android development. Apologies for the delays. I have been developing it as much as possible myself for a long time, but I'm personally being pulled all over the place lately.

On 6/26/2023 at 6:29 PM, Eyebrows Cat said:

Posting in case you guys find a new developer.

Latest beta version.
Platform: NEC PC-9801
There is data in the database, but it seems that searches for many games no longer show results and the metadata no longer applies.

PC-9801 metadata is now applied. thank you very much.

• 1 month later...