LaunchBox Community Forums

Blurry Images

The Papaw

I am building a theme with CTC. I have a test copy of LB that I am using with CTC. It looks fine in the test copy of BB.

But when I move a copy of the theme to my actual LB build, the posters are real blurry, but only in the wall (wheel). I am figuring I have some setting in BigBox in my actual build different that I am not aware of somehow? Anyone have any ideas. 

TEST Build of BB
Untitled-clear.thumb.jpg.be3903c1acccc77bde25330970992ffe.jpg

Actual Build
Untitled-Fuzzy.thumb.jpg.cd65fc0f6e4f26cd41dffa1849b9fbab.jpg

51 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Just about to reply to let you know that.

Themes looking great so far 👌 

Thank you @Rincewind, @y2guru has done an amazing job with CTC. Never opened it until about a week ago, Almost finished with a full theme. Took me about 2 months the old way with limited views.

If I can just get a better grip and understanding on how the animations work. I know what I want it to do, but making it do it in CTC can be a bit confusing when you try it and all.

Yeah getting your head round them does take time, trial and error I find works best. There are a few oddities when it comes to animations and BigBox currently which I'm hoping will be taken care of soon though.

If you download any of the themes from @faeran he has been adding the CTC project files, which normally have animations in them.

9 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Yeah getting your head round them does take time, trial and error I find works best. There are a few oddities when it comes to animations and BigBox currently which I'm hoping will be taken care of soon though.

If you download any of the themes from @faeran he has been adding the CTC project files, which normally have animations in them.

I think I have some great animations going on, my thing is how the "Immediately, Once Selected, During Selection, Navigation Changed", etc.. works correctly versus the way my brain thinks about them when I read them.... haha

• 8 months later...
41 minutes ago, okan said:

first of all thank you for replying, im posting two screen shots, first one is taken from older version of lb and the second is taken from the latest version of lb. You will notice how blurry is one of them

Untitled2.png

Untitled1.png

OK, the issue here is you are not showing the same covers. The ones that you say are blurry (which i think look perfectly acceptable) could just be that way. So unless we can see the same covers in a before and after its real difficult to even say there is anything wrong, the "blurry" images may just be of lower resolution.

they look perfectly acceptable, i have no problem with that, im just trying to understand why its happening, games are on my old lb is different than the ones on my new one, thats why you are seeing different games, but that does not matter, no matter what dpi image high or low i put on new lb gets blurred for some strange reason. Anyway i know.. answers will just come to me someday;) thank you though 

12 minutes ago, okan said:

here is a better example...i have used the same image file for both versions of lb...guess which one is taken from the newest lb

Untitletd.png

You don't really give fair comparisons. You post screenhots, but it isnt really clear what the context is. Is one a thumbnail from your games library and the other from the image viewer? Images do get scaled, and sure, if the thumbnails are smaller, the resolution is lower.

9 minutes ago, okan said:

here is the original picture you may want to try it on your machine.

Front.jpg

Sure the original picture always has a higher resolution than a thumbnail or scaled down image. But this also depends on what size you choose to display the boxes. But if your question is: does LaunchBox make images deliberately blurrier? Then I think not. (Unless you count game backgrounds for which there is an option to make them blurrier.)

well l have taken screenshots from both versions of lb using the same exact image file, as you can see original image is displayed better on older one(4.7 im using), you can find older versions of lb on the net.. if you want just do a search, try it yourself, maybe they did it on purpose to reduce the database load time since they have integrated dozens of unnecessary sh.. to newer lbs...anyway take care

Edited by okan